Rubber Johnny

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
  The name well known for Dj's and pioneers around the world.  Why?, well see for yourself:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/rubberjohnny.html

Although this individual cries for attention, he was one of the most outstanding pioneers in the electronic music industry in mid/late 90's.  This is just one of the sessions of his DVD.  If you like the weird/freaky thing... Rubber Johnny among side with Chris Cunningham (director) are the ones you want.  Enjoy!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Never seeing that before, I must say i find it quite amazing. As a lover of both Silent Hill and industrial music I thought it was very neat.
Thank you Nomad!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Nomad said:
Technically 6 years...
O RLY?

Kinda curious how so... Rubber Johhny is a mix between Aphix Twin music and the dude who created him... As far as I know this is the dude's first (His name escapes me right now).

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
O RLY?

Kinda curious how so... Rubber Johhny is a mix between Aphix Twin music and the dude who created him... As far as I know this is the dude's first (His name escapes me right now).

He goes by different names.  Rubber Johnny is one of the most known.  Aphex Twin and "Rubber" worked for the same company.  They even performed together.  Chris Cunningham is the mastermind of all of their music videos.  You have seen his work:

Music Videos​
picture2x9gp.jpg

picture4x7bw.jpg

picture5x0uj.jpg

picture7x4wh.jpg

picture8x1uh.jpg

picture9x3cd.jpg

Comercials​

picture10x7bv.jpg

picture11x9qk.jpg

picture12x9wk.jpg

About every technical aspect in filmaking and others... asside from the eye-candy content.  Cunningham is about one of the most respected filmaker to this date.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Word on the street is that Aphix Twin deletes all his old samples so that he doesn't use the same ones twice. Can anyone verify?
The only way to find out is if you know him or someone that works with him. But generally all samples gained are not to be deleted for it's his bread & butter. Most people just add different filters for a complete different effect. Trust me when I say that is the most time consuming part for people in this kind of business.

Sheena Is a Parasite

As far as I know, this is the first signs of life from the Cunningham Camp.
A great video featuring Samantha Morton and her entrails accompanied by music from The Horrors, a UK band Cunningham apparently discovered on MySpace.
Sheena Is a Parasite

Enjoy! :guts:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, that's freaking hardcore. :SK: You can definitely tell Chris Cunningham directed that, heh. I still have to say that I like what he did with that Madonna song a tad better, but that one was a longer video, so I suppose it isn't fair to compare them too closely.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Pretty crazy, I remember watching this like a year or so ago. One thing that I'm never quite able to understand is when there are those pauses during the video and someone opens up the sliding door and he's just sitting there. What does the person who opened the door say? I can only distinguish him saying 'fuck' a couple times.

But yeah nice and freaky, I like his work. :guts:

Top Bottom