Gaiseric

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gaiseric. The blatant badass enigma of the series. He is somehow connected to the Skull Knight...But in what way? Are we to accept the general concencus belief that he is Skull Knight? I tend to slide towards it, but what is the real story? We are nearly always suprised by Miura's choices, and I seriously doubt that this will be something that we will see coming.

In case you havent noticed yet, Skull Knight is my favorite character. Although recently, Griffith is starting to tip the scales. The similarities between the two can only be drawn once one crosses the barrier of 'speculation and fact' that so very few debaters tread.

For one, Griffith is tied to causality firstly for his ranking as a Post-GodHand member. His existence is to shape the world around his dream.Gaiseric, 1000 years ago,changed the world by forming an empire that took up most of the continent (as Miura puts so vaguely). Are we to assume that the two characters inter-relate? If thats the case, then we could draw parallels between Gaiserics fallen empire and the mysterious manner in which it was destroyed.

Is Griffiths empire to share the same fate? Stepping beyond the boundaries yet again, I will answer a resounding, YES. But that is far from fact.

One thing that sticks out as I write these words is the figure of Void...If anyone catches my drift, continue the debate as Im sure most of you could.

P.S.: Lets just get some ideas out here people.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Is Griffiths empire to share the same fate? Stepping beyond the boundaries yet again, I will answer a resounding, YES. But that is far from fact.
Here’s my theory (theories) on what will happen to Griffith, his kingdom and his relations to God Hand.

Variant One: Griffith vowed to destroy God Hand and has been planning it for a while, maybe even before he offered the Hawks as Sacrifice (sometime during the ceremony).

Variant Two: Griffith eventually becomes king of Midland, officially getting his dream. But he still isn’t satisfied, he conquers the Kushan and has an empire, but that doesn’t satisfy him either. So Griffith continues conquering, building a vast world empire, but nothing seems to content him.

Variant Three: Griffith gets his own Kingdom/Empire, but it shares the same fate as Gaiseric’s.

Main Theory: Griffith realized/will realize that as long as Idea exists then having his own Kingdom means nothing because it was simply what he was meant to do, he’s just serving the purpose of a higher power, the exact opposite of what his dream was all about. Destroying God Hand is the only thing he can do that will satisfy him, for it is the only thing that truly captures the essence of his dream.

-Griffith

P.S. One of the moments I’m looking forward to most in the series is when Gaiseric’s face is revealed.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
"Variant One: Griffith vowed to destroy God Hand and has been planning it for a while, maybe even before he offered the Hawks as Sacrifice (sometime during the ceremony)."

But why would he do that?

I think Griffith will get his Kingdom and the same thing that happened to Gaiseric will happen to him he will have his kingdom destroyed by Gatts sacrificing it and then Griffith and Guts will become enemies the same way that SkullKnight and Void are. It doesn't seem like it could happen but who knows.

But why would he do that?

I think GRIFFITH allready answered this in his post :

Griffith wants to be master of his own destiny. And as long as God Hand exists he will only be "serving" theyre purpose. Therefore he MUST destroy them before his dream can truely come true !

Correct me if i am wrong in quoting you GRIFFITH :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Therefore he MUST destroy them before his dream can truely come true !

See, this all sounds very nice and all. But I just dont think it can be done. Idea itself is created from the essence of desire for a God. God Hand might be able to be destroyed, but even that would be quite a feat, as they live only in the spiritual world. One thing we dont know yet is what exactly happens during an "apostle-birth". We've only seen an eclipse, or a shoku so to speak where the egg of the king is used. In an apostle-birth, are God Hand summoned? I assume so, if thats the case then Guts Beherit would provide a very nice opening for that to happen, and its even feasile that Causality would allow for such a thing to happen (you cant forget the rules of Causality: everything that was meant to happen, WILL happen, with the priorities being 1)humanitys desire 2)God Hands continuation), since Guts is technically outside of Causality.

However, even if they (being the assumed party of Griff/Guts/Casca/Skully...hey its unlikely but itd be damned cool to see) manage to destroy God Hand (in the above mentioned summoning)...humanity's desire for a god would have to be filled... COULD it be replaced?

I will bring up the Ultimate Strong One in an extreme long shot.

Idea exists because:

"The humans desired causes reasons for pain. Reasons for sadness. Reasons for life. Reasons for death. Why were their lives filled with suffering ? Why were their deaths absurd ? They desired a reason for the destiny that kept transcending their knowledge"

Griffith: "And that was...God?"

Idea: "And I became so. I control destiny since this is what that wanted me to be and do. Obeying to the essence of human kind, I weave every man's destiny"

Can Idea's place be filled? Causality allowed for Griffiths symbol of the Hawk to be a Religious icon that the people put faith in, and believed in. Essentially empowering him with their faith, as a God gains power. If Idea's existence is merely to fill the role of 'fate weaver', It cannot be filled by someone of flesh, Hell, Idea is nothing but an "idea", if you catch my drift. But can the essence of Idea be corrupted, and thus replaced/changed? Sure it 'serves a purpose', but it is also the main weaver of fate.

This does all relate back to Gaiseric/Skully because what is his role in all of this? We know that he wants to strike down Void, but is that merely for personal reasons? I doubt it, otherwise he wouldn't have an appetite for Beherits. He is playing around with the cosmic forces. He knows a very vast something that we don't yet. He's aiming high, but how high? Idea, or merely something like a God Hand temporary loss of power?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
One reason why Skull Knight eats Behelits (apart from the fact that they might taste yummy) might be that he wants to stop new God Hands (or apostles, or other beings like that) from being made.

Obviously something stops him from opposing them directly (a difference of power perhaps, or certain 'laws' Skullknight is bound by that we do not know) and he does not want to seem to stop the actual 'becoming'. But he seems damn eager to devour the Behelits afterwards when he gets the chance.

Could this be one of his interests in Gatts? After all he is the only one so far (that we know of) with the power to oppose apostles, and to enable Skullknight to have his favourite snack. If that is the case... why then not eat the Behelit that Gatts has? Anybody has any thoughts about that? Could it be that Skull Knight indeed only can devoure the things when they are 'between' owners? And that Gatts now actually is the owner of a behelit, just like Griffith was? Could a man branded as a sacrifice be offered the role of an apostle? From what the God Hand said waaay back in vol 3 (i think) that wouldn't be possible. So why do Gatts drag that thing around?

And yeah, Gasaeric is probably Skull Knight, and since that man had quite an agenda when he was alive, I can't see why he should stop with that now that he is 'dead' (or whatever).

I also see paralells between Griffith/Gatts and Gasaeric/Void... but that's just me.

Or... could perhaps Void be Gasaeric? I mean... why not?

chibidevil

fear my chibiness...
Speaking of Gaiserics face being revealed(Griffith's earlier post) does anyone have an idea of what he'd look like?I just thought it'd be neat if Griffith turned out to be an incarnation of gaiseric but i guess that wouldn't be right if skully was already an incarnation of him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Or... could perhaps Void be Gasaeric? I mean... why not?
Well...Why? Skull Knight wears a skull mask, Gaiseric wore a skull mask...Theres nothing that suggests that Void is Gaiseric. One thing thats been rather frustrating is that Miura hasnt even touched upon the subject of Gaiseric since volume 10, over 7 years ago. Thats quite a large break from the background of a major character...Maybe Miura is phasing the theory out? Or perhaps saving it all for one big revelation?

Griffith

does anyone have an idea of what he'd look like?I just thought it'd be neat if Griffith turned out to be an incarnation of gaiseric but i guess that wouldn't be right if skully was already an incarnation of him.
I don’t think that Griffith is an incarnation of Gaiseric, but I think he could be a descendant of him.  Charlotte says that someone with Gaiseric’s blood lived in Midland after his Empire fell and Idea told Griffith that he was created to be the way he is through the manipulation of bloodlines.  I also think it could be Guts, no reason at all except I think it would be cool  ;D (and explain Skully’s interest in him).
One thing thats been rather frustrating is that Miura hasnt even touched upon the subject of Gaiseric since volume 10, over 7 years ago. Thats quite a large break from the background of a major character...Maybe Miura is phasing the theory out? Or perhaps saving it all for one big revelation?
One of my biggest fears is that the Gaiseric story was only a one-chapter thing never to be followed up.  But I don’t think so, he set up the Skull Knight angle and he did mention Gaiseric again in volume 18.  So, I’m hoping for a huge revelation, and if it’s that big, it probably involves Guts or Griffith somehow.

-Griffith

Griffith

In volume 18 Mozgus tell Farneeze a story about an evil
"Gaiseric the Conqueror".
who mistreated his people and spoiled the kingdom.  So, a wise man prayed to God and asked that the evil
be punished.  God heard the prayer and sent # angels to destroy the kingdom.

The speculation: "Evil
" = Gaiseric, "Wise man" = Void, "Prayed” = Used a Behelit, "Angels" = God Hand, "God" = Idea.

-Griffith

P.S. I also have a theory that Gaiseric inadvertently created idea, more on that later if you want to hear it.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Well...Why? Skull Knight wears a skull mask, Gaiseric wore a skull mask...Theres nothing that suggests that Void is Gaiseric.

Yeah... *grins* Just wanted to spice up the discussion a bit. No really, I think it was something that just popped in my head when I thought about the Griffith/Gatts Skullknight/Void parallells. You know... when Gatts is hunting for Griffith to kill him, much like Skull Knight might be hunting for Void. Ah, forget it... I was tired last night, I can't even remeber my reasoning now. You're probably right... *grins*

Griffith

Uhh, I don't know what you're talking about, that's what I said!

-Griffith

P.S. I love this message board! ;D

One thing we dont know yet is what exactly happens during an "apostle-birth". We've only seen an eclipse, or a shoku so to speak where the egg of the king is used. In an apostle-birth, are God Hand summoned?

Don't we see this sort of happen in vol 3? (Where the Count is offered the chance to sacrifice his daughter?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Doh! Good call, people. I had built a mental wall around the horrendosity of the first 3 volumes. My bad. Now that I think about it...Volume 3's summoning was rather strange...it didnt really accomplish anything, what was it's point in causality?

A

Asír

beastfull.jpg

sorry for translations :p

give myself account of it a great deal that lacks me by learning of The Berserk, but thanks to the comments of you can give me account of the meaning of a great deal of what treats originally this novel.

First, at the beginning I proposed that Zod and Skullknight it was two halves that conformed to Gaiseric in the past, but, is supposed that Zod to appeared since 300 years ago or but while the empire of Gaiseric is mended to but of 1000 in the time, which imposibilita this teoria.

second: in the it encourage itself sees like Gatt upon defeating to the Koka it snatches its behelit, while in the sleeve Gatt possesses the Behelit that Vargas tenia hidden in its laboratory (this suppose I in cuestion that that is it saw in the volume 1) then SkullKnight itself eats the Behelit of Roshinu and apparently acquires greater be able, here say that the not it snatches to GattWhich including it carries Gatt in his mochila, you they say that is possible that the razon be that the same one Gatt podria to come to utilize the Behelit algun I gave??? The same one himself convirtiria in a member of the hand of God? (this it agrees a great deal with the words of the beast of the shadows who acoso to Gatt after its encounter with Roshinu saying that podria to be become the same king of the monsters) in every case, podria to use the Behelit to anticipate it fallen of the hand of God and for such razon Skullknight I indicate vaganbundear by the world killing apostoles and being approached but to the own wickedness that theTries to fight, to be the final weapon of the skullknight? a devil with human soul?

good, this is already fantasiar of my part

The hand of God The concept of the Idea, as the result of the human fears and the absolute need of them of believing in something over them same can be explained saying that the Idea, is the same one Insconciente collective of all the humanity, is believed that when too much is believed in algfo that is not real this something begins to collect presence in our lives and not alone in our minds,Wars always habra while the human human being, the terror is part of the humanity, idea is the combinacion of all the fears and human anxieties taken forms and therefore naturally podrian to manipulate the human destiny, who controls what the world feels, can decide its destiny. In this case, speaking filosoficamente, Gatta represents the human will, the element of the Chaos that destroys the order that establishes the hand of God and the idea, Gatt, being a man and alone a man, is opposed by force that always they exceed him and jamas gives up and flees toward the death, for such razon, is that alone a man can be capable. that he is the true meaning of THE BERSERK, perhaps not he can save to the world neither to all persons being alone a man, but when less you do the difference and that was always noted, not a chosen one is needs or a to be sent by the heaven or the hell, the true one salvacion human this in alone to have faith in its own life and will of living, to be grasped her,as many as but they be what they be grasped to the will of living, except The Idea podra to decide and to manipulate their destiny

all is simply FREEDOM

Walter, your pagina is of first, follows asi, many thanks by reading me

Asír

Now that I think about it...Volume 3's summoning was rather strange...it didnt really accomplish anything, what was it's point in causality?

It didn't accomplish anything because it _failed_, the Count couldn't sacrifice his daughter.
As Void said, "the thread of causality has been cut".

Top Bottom