Ganishka's end?

R

-rob-

Recently I've been seeing/hearing many predictions about this... Such as only Griffith can kill him, maybe Guts (but I doubt it)... We seen that Locus and Irvine couldnt get it done. I'm hoping Zodd kills him, but its probably most likely gonna be Griffith.

Let the discussion begin!

Shirukei said:
You missed out our Skully :SK:

Unless he have any particular feud with him... I dont think he will go to that extend of challenging him as of now... I believe he would rather deal with GH first... Unless of course he Gan tried to be funny and disturb SK :badbone:

Smith said:
Unless he have any particular feud with him... I dont think he will go to that extend of challenging him as of now... I believe he would rather deal with GH first... Unless of course he Gan tried to be funny and disturb SK :badbone:

Yeah, but SK randomly seeks & kills apostles. Ganishka's Behelit might be a nice additon to SK's lil' collection :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
We seen that Locus and Irvine couldnt get it done.

They were just luring him and didn't insist too much, they retreated once Griffith arrived basically. It's hard to judge while no fight between them really occured.

Shirukei said:
Yeah, but SK randomly seeks & kills apostles. Ganishka's Behelit might be a nice additon to SK's lil' collection :badbone:

Ganishka isn't any apostle though, and SK has enough beherits to be able to use his sword, so that doesn't seem very likely to me. Anyway, Ganishka opposing Griffith, I doubt Skull Knight to take action against him. Too much exposure for him too, he's not exactly a public figure so killing an emperor would bring him unnecessary attention...

-rob- said:
Let the discussion begin!

There's actually not a lot of discussion to have on the subject that didn't happen in other threads to be honest. And considering how mysterious Ganishka still is for us, his death is hard to previse.

R

-rob-

Aazealh said:
They were just luring him and didn't insist too much, they retreated once Griffith arrived basically. It's hard to judge while no fight between them really occured.

Yeah I hear you, but I bet if it were Zodd or Grunbeld that were there, their would have been a fight with Ganishka.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
Yeah I hear you, but I bet if it were Zodd or Grunbeld that were there, their would have been a fight with Ganishka.

They follow orders you know... It's not like Locus is a coward compared to the others. Besides, the apostles were busy with Ganishka's troop, they didn't really have time to do anything.

I'm pretty sure Ganishka could take out several of the weaker apostles with ease in Griffith's Neo Hawk army. He pretty much savaged his stronger ones in a matter of moments when they attacked, even if it was only a diversion. The Daka and familiars werent having much luck but when he stepped in, used his powers, and went on the offensive it was mighty impressive.

Probably only a few of them could stand their ground against him, and that would probably be if they werent in his fog which seems to be one of his most potent weapons.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
I'm pretty sure Ganishka could take out several of the weaker apostles with ease in Griffith's Neo Hawk army. He pretty much savaged his stronger ones in a matter of moments when they attacked,

Well, we don't really know whether the 3 apostles he killed were strong or not actually... They were lancers, but nothing says they were any better than the ones Guts and SK minced at Flora's mansion.

HawaiianStallion said:
Probably only a few of them could stand their ground against him

As a matter of fact, given Ganishka's apparent power, I don't think any apostle in that army outside of Griffith's five lieutenants (Zodd, Grunberd, Locus, Rakshas, Irvine) could stand his ground against him.

Aazealh said:
I don't think any apostle in that army outside of Griffith's five lieutenants (Zodd, Grunberd, Locus, Rakshas, Irvine) could stand his ground against him.

Base on what i see... I think Irvine himself is also no match against him... Noticed how surprised he was when the arrow went through Ganishka and how he was blown off the rooftop?

Not sure about the other 4...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Base on what i see...

Nothing?

Smith said:
Noticed how surprised he was when the arrow went through Ganishka and how he was blown off the rooftop?

He wasn't blown away like the others actually, it looks more like he jumped. As for being surprised, isn't that normal? We've seen close to nothing about him, so I wouldn't be so fast to judge his abilities if I were you, Smith. And of course, for now nothing says that any apostle could be a serious match for Ganishka. We'll only be able to make a reasonable guess once we see these characters fight more.

Aazealh said:
Nothing?
We've seen close to nothing about him, so I wouldn't be so fast to judge his abilities if I were you, Smith.

I concur that... But it apply also to Ganishka... When Ganishka blow them off the rooftop... I think he just toying with them.. apparently trying to scare them off i think

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
When Ganishka blow them off the rooftop... I think he just toying with them.. apparently trying to scare them off i think

I doubt he cared much about scaring them off, he was surprised when they retreated, so I think he just blasted them, plain and simple.

Aazealh said:
Well, we don't really know whether the 3 apostles he killed were strong or not actually... They were lancers, but nothing says they were any better than the ones Guts and SK minced at Flora's mansion.

As a matter of fact, given Ganishka's apparent power, I don't think any apostle in that army outside of Griffith's five lieutenants (Zodd, Grunberd, Locus, Rakshas, Irvine) could stand his ground against him.

Well I didnt mean killed when I meant savaged, just that he was blowing the ground up beneath their feet and often just doing as he pleased to them until they began their retreat.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Bah, I'm gonna really step out on a limb and say Schierke offs him. Wizard duels are always fun, and I'd love to see how Miura paces and draws one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
I wonder how SK's beherit sword would work against Ganishka with its ability to slice and dice reality?

I'm not sure it would really affect him. Its purpose doesn't seem to be direct battle from what we've seen so far (doesn't mean he can't use it differently though).

Aazealh said:
I'm not sure it would really affect him. Its purpose doesn't seem to be direct battle from what we've seen so far (doesn't mean he can't use it differently though).

Skull Knight: This was something I intended to wield...
Skull Knight: ...solely for the purpose of entombing
those beings... in the absymal vortex.

Isn't it slaying the GHs the main purpose the sword?
If he assumed it had the powers to slay a GH, why not a mere apostle?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Shirukei said:
Isn't it slaying the GHs the main purpose the sword?

Like I said, while it's totally possible that he could use it to deal damage, from what we've seen so far it's more meant as a way to open doors between the layers of the world. Using the sword for the purpose of sending them back to the Vortex doesn't necessarily mean killing them with it directly, it could be used to reach them for example (which otherwise wouldn't exactly be easy). His line is sort of vague in that sense (notice that he doesn't mention the GH). I don't think we know enough about the properties of that sword to make certain statements concerning its usage yet, hence my previous post.

If it was so easy that he could just get it out and kill God Hand members, we'd need to wonder why he didn't use it against Slan in the Qliphoth, she was alone and all.

I kind of figured SK's beherit sword is both a means of getting to the GH and a way of getting around some of their more devious tricks such as Void's mean's of defense with its ability to alter and cut through reality. As to why he might not be taking them on? Might not be so easy once he got to where he was going seeing as that's where they normally exist and in a usually formless state (at least that's how Slann made it out to be).

As to using his sword to kill Ganishka, who know's, maybe its only useful for its ability to tear through reality or against the GH and does nothing of real important to an apostle who lives in the real world all the time? Sort of how certain diseases do absolutely nothing to one species but will destroy another.

Top Bottom