Author Topic: Episode 264  (Read 53938 times)

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
Re: Episode 264
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2005, 02:16:28 AM »
So much thought and speculation going into something so simple.. why? :griff:

And a question more worthless than any speculation and thought that preceded it... why indeed. Anyway, simple is one's perception. =)

Keep in mind Casca still had feelings for Griffith up to the very end.  Hell, even in her present state she recognized him (kinda)

Not to mention he's technically her child. It's a very good point, Casca's take on everything is one of the most unpredictable things to come. It could go either way on almost every point and literally nothing and everything would surprise me.

CnC > C :casca:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 02:22:26 AM by "Griffith No More!" »

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2005, 03:00:33 AM »
Not to mention he's technically her child. It's a very good point, Casca's take on everything is one of the most unpredictable things to come. It could go either way on almost every point and literally nothing and everything would surprise me.

I never really thought about it, but I guess Casca's urge for Griffith in her present state could be her maternal instincts acting up.  Don't know why I didn't think of that before. :???:  I agree that the outcome will surprise all of us no matter what.

CnC > C :casca:

XD

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2005, 03:09:22 AM »
I never really thought about it, but I guess Casca's urge for Griffith in her present state could be her maternal instincts acting up.

Uhh, I've always thought it was pretty obvious guys...

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2005, 03:31:14 AM »
It's a little bit of both.

Offline jepn30

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2005, 08:18:30 AM »
maternal instincts
When one has maternal instincts toward the man/demon whom you not only once loved but who then raped you (and sacrificed your commrads) - which caused the both the subsequent loss of your sanity and the horrific twisting of your unborn child into something evil - which is the same child whom said man/demon used as material for his new earthly body (which is why the maternal instincts are there in the first place...) means that the boarders of Crazy-town are long since behind you. Poor Casca, What a twisted little "family" she has. And then there is Guts... and he isn't exactly the worlds most stable person either... Isn't Berserk great...

Offline Akin

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2005, 08:23:48 AM »
I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been said yet but.....
Is the Pontiff Polish??? :serpico:

Vargas is back!!? :isidro:
Godo!?!

Samson, is that you??  :SK:

ANYWAYS, I'm thinking and hoping that the pontiff etc. doesn't take up all of the epsoide... I really want to hear at least a little bit of what Guts says. :guts:  (I also think he isn't going to shove the question under the carpet like he did last time (when the family asked what army he fought in, etc))

Arg, back to cisco! Go white sox!!

Offline Shirukei

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2005, 09:43:38 AM »
Is the Pontiff Polish??? :serpico:
Nope, there's no Poland in Berserk world, that would be the same as asking : is Zodd from Massachusetts?

ANYWAYS, I'm thinking and hoping that the pontiff etc. doesn't take up all of the epsoide... I really want to hear at least a little bit of what Guts says. :guts:  (I also think he isn't going to shove the question under the carpet like he did last time (when the family asked what army he fought in, etc))
Perhaps the whole episode is about Guts' stories and a little bit of Pointiff  :carcus:

Offline Akin

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2005, 11:37:47 AM »
Spoilers:  Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure:troll:

Nope, there's no Poland in Berserk world, that would be the same as asking : is Zodd from Massachusetts?

Really?  I wasn't aware of it.  :schierke:

(Ok, so maybe the fact that it is a variation of a variation of a variation of a common phrase may make it go over a few people's heads but still...)

... on the other hand, maybe i should have asked if the Pontiff was german.....

Perhaps the whole episode is about Guts' stories and a little bit of Pointiff  :carcus:

Well, that would be what one would hope before one looks at the title  :judo:

[offtopic]Where did you get that avatar.  It owns.[/offtopic]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 11:48:29 AM by Akin »

Offline Shirukei

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2005, 11:58:21 AM »
Spoilers:  Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure:troll:
How disappointing, I was thinking it would be replaced by him :carcus:

Really?  I wasn't aware of it.  :schierke:

(Ok, so maybe the fact that it is a variation of a  of a variation variation of a common phrase may make it go over a few people's heads but still...)
:serpico:

Well, that would be what one would hope before one looks at the title  :judo:
Perhaps divine revelation meant Guts' background revelation to the gang? :schierke: [allright, ignore me]

[offtopic]Where did you get that avatar.  It owns.[/offtopic]
LOL, thanks, it certainly owns. Unfortunately i wasn't able to remember which Japanese Berserk fansite that i grab hold of it. :x

Offline Woland

• Of the Interstice
  • STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2005, 11:59:50 AM »
I think Guts will own up to being the Raider commander.  Which will likely overjoy Isidro.
*Place deeply meaningful thoughts here*
Wait, on second thought, don't, It might ruin my reputation.

Offline fuxberg

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2005, 12:08:12 PM »
isidro will have an orgasm..  :isidro: :isidro:

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2005, 12:13:32 PM »

Like hell!

isidro will have an orgasm.. :isidro: :isidro:
If Isidro even hears it
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Shirukei

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2005, 12:20:51 PM »
Like hell!

http://www.mattbrowning.com/berserk/zodd_boston.jpg

IT OWNS  :isidro:

isidro will have an orgasm..  :isidro: :isidro:
Then i bet more than half of the readers might have it as well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 12:23:48 PM by Shirukei »

Offline Black Mourning

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
does anyone think guts is slowly but not intentionally building up an army.....think about it....i could imagine guts bein dragged in to leadin the army to war against griffith or kushan as he is very well known for his feats in the hawks

how else will he be able to bring down an entire army of apostles and then crush griffith. Hes also now got the support of the heir of the Vandimion Family possibly the richest, strongest family on the continent....?
 :???:

Offline Shirukei

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2005, 12:33:48 PM »
Hes also now got the support of the heir of the Vandimion Family possibly the richest, strongest family on the continent....?
 :???:

Survival of The Vandimion Family is currently still debatable ( Kushan attacks and stuff.... )

how else will he be able to bring down an entire army of apostles and then crush griffith.

Plus Guts might obtain something really magical and shiny :carcus:  from the whats-da-name Elf King against the NeoHawks.

Offline Black Mourning

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2005, 12:49:41 PM »
Its gonna have to be really, really shiny......oh and powerful.

OR maybe guts is gonna go back to the pilot days and be a pirate like griffith hunter haha. ya know

But seriously this is the line up :carcus:

Guts= absolute beast on the battlefield. (General) Could practically be an army in himself

Serpico= cunning in battle and warfare everytime he fights he has a plan or strategy (Strategist)

Schierke= Self explanitory she could sway the battle to their advantage. Use the elements or call avatars or shields or something....

part 2 comin up :beast:

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2005, 01:13:15 PM »
use the "modify" button to append to your posts rather than double post.

I always liked the idea of Guts besting Griffith on a strategic level (rather than pure strength), but as of right now I think his only goal is to get Casca (and subsequently his new "family") to safety/Elfhelm
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Vaxillus

• Of the Interstice
  • The one and only severed head
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2005, 12:36:02 AM »
Moreover, there are still so many unanswered questions. What is Griffith? What new powers does he have?
My guess:
Well, he used Guts'/Casca's child as a host, but he can appear even when it isn't night, so he has a solid material form.  In this way he seems similar to Guts.  On the other hand, he still sets off the brand pretty damn badly, as we can see from when he saves Casca from falling rocks, though it seems not nearly as bad as when he was a God Hand.  I think he's about equivalent to a rediculously powerful apostle.

Also, this is almost definately wrong, but I'm throwing it out anyway.  What if, with his waining health, the benedict is visited by Griffith in his vision, but in order to preach his way he becomes and apostle (as a way to replinish his health).  I don't know if the series could handle another Mozgus though.  Just an idea.

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2005, 02:24:08 AM »
And Griffith's location is still speculation at this point.

Griffith's location is not farer than a day's march from Vritannis. At least when we saw Sonia and Mule meet him.

Spoilers:  Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure
This sentence makes me thing of Rakshas as an agent in Mission Impossible.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:32:47 AM by xechnao »
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2005, 02:57:47 AM »
Great stuff. Owen and Guts talk a bit, and Guts isn't smiling. He says he was part of the Hawks, but that it was a long time ago. Nobody seems to overhear, though Isidro's wondering what the matter is. Owen asks where Griffith is, and he thinks that Griffith will save Midland. Guts and the others depart. The pontiff's vision is awesome, it's the come back of the Falcon of Light. He's not in good health and the others are talking about his succession. Mule and Sonia come to him at the end of the episode.

Offline yota821

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2005, 02:58:53 AM »
Freakin awesome.  Thanks Aaz!!
I'm just a poor, wayfaring stranger.......just moving along to the next habitation of demons.....

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2005, 02:59:10 AM »
Thanks aaz, as ever

Wow, everything I wanted and more.  Somewhat brief exchange between Owen and Guts, though. And yes, no we know Griffith can't be too far behind.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 03:04:33 AM by CnC »
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2005, 03:11:17 AM »
Spanx buddy!!!!!!!!!!

-rob-

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2005, 03:15:10 AM »
Thanks Aazealh!! Very very much!!

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2005, 03:17:20 AM »
Thanks buddy!  :guts:

Well looks like I called it this time around with him having his little thoughts filled with Griffith goodness! I get a cookie!
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"