Episode 264

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hey, if guts were to truly explain everything that happened that would take time. So we could get a episode that goes on while that discussion is taking place.

However, I truly hope not. I'd love to hear the reaction from Guts' band at each sentence. But seeing as they're not in the immediate area plus we already know what Guts would say were he to explain everything, either situation is possible.

D

darkbane

Tirade: dunno about others, but I wanna see that convo for its nostalgic value. Also, even though Guts says that it's "ancient history", he still seems to care a lot about Midland, due to memories of the original Band. Furthermore, if Owen has questions to ask about Griffith, as he should, the result might be interesting.

Unless the old geezer in bed is random farmer #42, receiving the divine vision and becoming a prophet of the hawk, I suppose he must be the pontiff. Events are bound to be influenced in Griffith's favor, one way or another, since it's "divine" and all, but I wonder if Griffith will actually actively participate in the revelation or if it's just something thrown together by Idea.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
haha, I had a cool thought. With the "pope" being very ill and with the title divine intervention.... What if Griffith comes into his thoughts and shows him how he will drive away the invaders... it just make Griffith look that much better. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
haha, I had a cool thought. With the "pope" being very ill and with the title divine intervention.... What if Griffith comes into his thoughts and shows him how he will drive away the invaders... it just make Griffith look that much better. :carcus:

If that is the Pope, I was thinking the same. You know if the Pope vouches for Griffith, people are like sheep and will most likely go with the Pope and believe Griffith is the man.

As for this guy being the focus of the entire episode; god i hope not. TIME TO GET ON A BOAT ALREADY!!!!

As for the conversation, hmm given the fact that of what's goin on around them, the city being under attack and all, I don't think Guts will sit Owen down and tell him "Hey man, long time no see. You remember Griffith right, well he sacrificed the Hawks, raped my woman, became a demon, used my child as a vessel to be reincarnated, and is leading an army of demons pretending to be the Hawks...but yea man i gotta run so don't trust this guy ok?! Take care!" I think he will most likey keep it brief or perhaps Isidro will yell for him and Guts will just turn and walk away...who knows really.

And when is this episode coming out again?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Proj2501 said:
I don't think Guts will sit Owen down and tell him "Hey man, long time no see. You remember Griffith right, well he sacrificed the Hawks, raped my woman, became a demon, used my child as a vessel to be reincarnated, and is leading an army of demons pretending to be the Hawks...but yea man i gotta run so don't trust this guy ok?! Take care!" I think he will most likey keep it brief or perhaps Isidro will yell for him and Guts will just turn and walk away...who knows really.
true haha i doubt guts is gonna do that! haha

D

darkbane

Proj2501 said:
And when is this episode coming out again?
You'd know if you'd have read the previous page, or even the previous episode ^_^. It's coming out on Friday but Aaz or someone will probably post it on Thursday (I'm not exactly sure why that is, either advance copies or time zone difference I guess)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Tirade said:
I guess I don't understand what the big deal is surrounding the "possible" conversation.

You suredon't, and with that, Prof. Griff's class is back in session! :carcus:

Tirade said:
However, Guts shouldn't give a hoot about Owen. Just another reminder of his past.

So close, yet so far. Yeah, because Guts certainly isn't one to be hung up on the past or anything. :guts:

Especially insignificant since it's a part of himself that hasn't been acknowledged or recognized by society in years. And by someone of a certain power and influence among Midlanders, someone who may become close to Griffith in the near future. A potential ally. And don't you want to see how Guts reacts or doesn't? Do you think it's just a coincidence that since the Garrison episode Miura has brought up Guts' feelings for the battlefield (as in war), mercenary troops, leadership, and his own past and now it's coming up again a few episodes later? Does this surprise you?

I'm barely scratching the surface of possibilities here, but I'll let you use your imagination.

Tirade said:
Even if Owen decides to engage Guts in conversation, I have my doubts the dialogue would be that worthwhile.

That's probably why you aren't writing it, but you should at least heed what's being written. Just the fact that Owen happens to be starting a conversation with Guts should signal it's worth note. I don't understand why people contend that Miura would waste time with something like this if it wasn't pertinent, "I think this is happening because it's totally insignificant." Silly.

Anyway, it seems to me if you've been following this story at all you should at least be intrigued by this development.

darkbane said:
You'd know if you'd have read the previous page, or even the previous episode ^_^.

Ugh, now take something that simple and multiply it times the entire story. Gives me a headache. We should have a Berserk quiz you have to pass before you're allowed to post. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
yea seriously...... :void:

Its all shits and giggles 'till a senior member fails.. :???:

Like I said, I'd love to see the conversation. I'm pretty confident it will happen (it would be a colossal let-down if we wait two weeks to hear "nope, wrong guy"). The question is whether or not it will happen in THIS episode :void:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Since the preview pics can come from anywhere in the episode, we could get the best of both worlds and start out with Guts and Owen and then drift off to the Pontiff receiving a vision or something like that.  Oh well, who knows, we'll find out what happens between Guts and Owen eventually. :guts:

jepn30 said:
Hello, as you can tell I am new to this board. However I have been reading Berserk for quite some time (as well as this site), and am hopelessly addicted.

Hey, welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay! :serpico:

Thx all for the welcome. I myself am interested in what Owen wants from Guts and how Guts will react (considering the circumstances this isn't exactly the time for chit-chat so Owen must have some intent). I am wondering if Guts relationship to the Band of the Hawk will be revealed to the rest of his little "family" and what effect (if any it will have). I am really tired right now - so please excuse me if I am not making any sense.

CnC said:
Like I said, I'd love to see the conversation. I'm pretty confident it will happen (it would be a colossal let-down if we wait two weeks to hear "nope, wrong guy"). The question is whether or not it will happen in THIS episode :void:
I hope that 264 won't be focused on the pope, Griffith and on the last page we'll see Guts saying:
"Yeah, I was the Hawks commander."
and a nice message: Next episode comes in 2 weeks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hehe, Miura knows exactly what we want. If he plays his cards right he could give us a new sentence to the conversation at the end of every episode ... He won't but he could.

jepn30 said:
Hello, as you can tell I am new to this board. However I have been reading Berserk for quite some time (as well as this site), and am hopelessly addicted.

Welcome. Get ready to roll up your sleeve cause its nearly time for another fix... :beast:

Dembol said:
I hope that 264 won't be focused on the pope, Griffith and on the last page we'll see Guts saying:
"Yeah, I was the Hawks commander."
and a nice message: Next episode comes in 2 weeks.

Actually it could be the fact that Guts revealed his identity and Owen will then explain the situation to him... That where the preview image came which I believe its part of the conversation (Can be depicted by the surrounding darkness... only dream or conversation have such effect on Manga... Although i may be wrong)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
only dream or conversation have such effect on Manga... Although i may be wrong)
And since the episode is called DIVINE REVELATION it's likely that the Pontiff is dreaming. But, this is just speculation :carcus:

Kart

Resident /b/tard
or! *stupid* They could find out gutts is actually part of the prophecy because he was so close to griffith! DUN DUN DUN!!! */stupid* sorry, all I had to add.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Bleak Harvest said:
So much thought and speculation going into something so simple.. why? :griff:
Because people are like that. :troll:

Anyways, lets all just wait patiently and just make fun of people till the episode get's here.

hahah, your teh dumb Griffith no morez lolz

So much thought and speculation going into something so simple.. why?

Good question.

I wonder though how this all fits in into the overall story. I mean on one side we have Guts talking to Owen, something about Pontiff going on, Ganishka on the verge of invading Vritannis and Griffith hanging around somewhere nearby.

Moreover, there are still so many unanswered questions. What is Griffith? What new powers does he have? And what is Guts' ultimate goal. Apparently right now it's to recover the sanity of Caska, but what after that? And what will he do if Caska can never recover? Or peprhaps she doesn't "want" to recover. Moreover, what will be role of Caska in the future? And what does the future hold for Guts? So far he has been a "fish swimming in the water" and in the grand scheme of things other than killing a whole bunch of apostles and deamons he has barely made a dent.

Griffith has a concrete dream, which is to secure a kingdom. What is Guts' dream? Is it just revenge on Griffith or is it something more?

The plot is definetly thickening and we can only wait to see what surprises Miura has in store for us.

Griffith's dream is not to secure any Kingdom only to conquer one...hmmmm...his real goal is more likely to rule over the world and by any way...
So it's not evil Guts against saint Griffith being a GodHand make you greatly evil IMO(he is the Hawk of Darkness afterall)...moreover having a dream don't make all your actions right :puck:

CnC

Ad Oculos
silentmoon said:
Ganishka on the verge of invading Vritannis and Griffith hanging around somewhere nearby.

Ganiska's beyond "the verge". He's attacking.
And Griffith's location is still speculation at this point.

silentmoon said:
And what will he do if Casca can never recover? Or peprhaps she doesn't "want" to recover.

Fortunately, she doesn't have a say in the matter. "Uaauaa" means yes :serpico:. And it would be a colossal waste of time to have gone through all this just to have Casca NOT be cured. Miura wouldn't have bothered to bring it up...
I think SK's prediction pertains to what Casca wants after she's cured. More specifically, what to do with Griffith. I can easily see her not being too vengeful, or at least not AS vengeful as Guts.

silentmoon said:
Griffith has a concrete dream, which is to secure a kingdom. What is Guts' dream? Is it just revenge on Griffith or is it something more?

Guts dream has been an issue for quite a few books now. And if he keeps lettings things like mass murder (its ok, though, they wanted it) get in the way, he'll never get back on track... :guts:

Posted by: CnC

I can easily see her not being too vengeful, or at least not AS vengeful as Guts.

I don't know, I mean, if somebody killed your friends, raped you and made you have a demon-baby... :troll:

- C

PS. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
C said:
I don't know, I mean, if somebody killed your friends, raped you and made you have a demon-baby... :troll:

- C

PS. :carcus:

Keep in mind Caska still had feelings for Griffith up to the very end. Hell, even in her present state she recognized him (kinda)

Top Bottom