Episode 264

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Bleak Harvest said:
So much thought and speculation going into something so simple.. why? :griff:

And a question more worthless than any speculation and thought that preceded it... why indeed. Anyway, simple is one's perception. =)

CnC said:
Keep in mind Casca still had feelings for Griffith up to the very end.  Hell, even in her present state she recognized him (kinda)

Not to mention he's technically her child. It's a very good point, Casca's take on everything is one of the most unpredictable things to come. It could go either way on almost every point and literally nothing and everything would surprise me.

CnC > C :casca:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
"Griffith No More!" said:
Not to mention he's technically her child. It's a very good point, Casca's take on everything is one of the most unpredictable things to come. It could go either way on almost every point and literally nothing and everything would surprise me.

I never really thought about it, but I guess Casca's urge for Griffith in her present state could be her maternal instincts acting up. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. :???: I agree that the outcome will surprise all of us no matter what.

XD

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I never really thought about it, but I guess Casca's urge for Griffith in her present state could be her maternal instincts acting up.

Uhh, I've always thought it was pretty obvious guys...

maternal instincts
When one has maternal instincts toward the man/demon whom you not only once loved but who then raped you (and sacrificed your commrads) - which caused the both the subsequent loss of your sanity and the horrific twisting of your unborn child into something evil - which is the same child whom said man/demon used as material for his new earthly body (which is why the maternal instincts are there in the first place...) means that the boarders of Crazy-town are long since behind you. Poor Caska, What a twisted little "family" she has. And then there is Guts... and he isn't exactly the worlds most stable person either... Isn't Berserk great...

Akin

MOOO!!!
I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been said yet but.....
Is the Pontiff Polish??? :serpico:

Bleak Harvest said:
Vargas is back!!? :isidro:
Godo!?!

Samson, is that you?? :SK:

ANYWAYS, I'm thinking and hoping that the pontiff etc. doesn't take up all of the epsoide... I really want to hear at least a little bit of what Guts says. :guts: (I also think he isn't going to shove the question under the carpet like he did last time (when the family asked what army he fought in, etc))

Arg, back to cisco! Go white sox!!

Akin said:
Is the Pontiff Polish??? :serpico:
Nope, there's no Poland in Berserk world, that would be the same as asking : is Zodd from Massachusetts?

Akin said:
ANYWAYS, I'm thinking and hoping that the pontiff etc. doesn't take up all of the epsoide... I really want to hear at least a little bit of what Guts says. :guts: (I also think he isn't going to shove the question under the carpet like he did last time (when the family asked what army he fought in, etc))
Perhaps the whole episode is about Guts' stories and a little bit of Pointiff :carcus:

Akin

MOOO!!!
Spoilers: Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure. :troll:

Shirukei said:
Nope, there's no Poland in Berserk world, that would be the same as asking : is Zodd from Massachusetts?

Really? I wasn't aware of it. :schierke:

(Ok, so maybe the fact that it is a variation of a variation of a variation of a common phrase may make it go over a few people's heads but still...)

... on the other hand, maybe i should have asked if the Pontiff was german.....

Shirukei said:
Perhaps the whole episode is about Guts' stories and a little bit of Pointiff :carcus:

Well, that would be what one would hope before one looks at the title :judo:

[offtopic]Where did you get that avatar. It owns.[/offtopic]

Akin said:
Spoilers:  Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure:troll:
How disappointing, I was thinking it would be replaced by him :carcus:

Akin said:
Really?  I wasn't aware of it.  :schierke:

(Ok, so maybe the fact that it is a variation of a  of a variation variation of a common phrase may make it go over a few people's heads but still...)
:serpico:

Akin said:
Well, that would be what one would hope before one looks at the title  :judo:
Perhaps divine revelation meant Guts' background revelation to the gang? :schierke: [allright, ignore me]

Akin said:
[offtopic]Where did you get that avatar.  It owns.[/offtopic]
LOL, thanks, it certainly owns. Unfortunately i wasn't able to remember which Japanese Berserk fansite that i grab hold of it. :x

CnC

Ad Oculos
Shirukei said:

Like hell!

zodd_boston.jpg

fuxberg said:
isidro will have an orgasm.. :isidro: :isidro:
If Isidro even hears it

does anyone think guts is slowly but not intentionally building up an army.....think about it....i could imagine guts bein dragged in to leadin the army to war against griffith or kushan as he is very well known for his feats in the hawks

how else will he be able to bring down an entire army of apostles and then crush griffith. Hes also now got the support of the heir of the Vandimon Family possibly the richest, strongest family on the continent....?
:???:

Black Mourning said:
Hes also now got the support of the heir of the Vandimon Family possibly the richest, strongest family on the continent....?
:???:
Survival of The Vandimon Family is currently still debatable ( Kushan attacks and stuff.... )

Black Mourning said:
how else will he be able to bring down an entire army of apostles and then crush griffith.

Plus Guts might obtain something really magical and shiny :carcus:  from the whats-da-name Elf King against the NeoHawks.

Its gonna have to be really, really shiny......oh and powerful.

OR maybe guts is gonna go back to the pilot days and be a pirate like griffith hunter haha. ya know

But seriously this is the line up :carcus:

Guts= absolute beast on the battlefield. (General) Could practically be an army in himself

Serpico= cunning in battle and warfare everytime he fights he has a plan or strategy (Strategist)

Schierke= Self explanitory she could sway the battle to their advantage. Use the elements or call avatars or shields or something....

part 2 comin up :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
use the "modify" button to append to your posts rather than double post.

I always liked the idea of Guts besting Griffith on a strategic level (rather than pure strength), but as of right now I think his only goal is to get Caska (and subsequently his new "family") to safety/Elfhelm

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
silentmoon said:
Moreover, there are still so many unanswered questions. What is Griffith? What new powers does he have?
My guess:
Well, he used Guts'/Casca's child as a host, but he can appear even when it isn't night, so he has a solid material form. In this way he seems similar to Guts. On the other hand, he still sets off the brand pretty damn badly, as we can see from when he saves Casca from falling rocks, though it seems not nearly as bad as when he was a God Hand. I think he's about equivalent to a rediculously powerful apostle.

Also, this is almost definately wrong, but I'm throwing it out anyway. What if, with his waining health, the benedict is visited by Griffith in his vision, but in order to preach his way he becomes and apostle (as a way to replinish his health). I don't know if the series could handle another Mozgus though. Just an idea.

CnC said:
And Griffith's location is still speculation at this point.

Griffith's location is not farer than a day's march from Vritannis. At least when we saw Sonia and Mule meet him.

Akin said:
Spoilers: Pontiff dies, and is replaced with a dark, more evil figure
This sentence makes me thing of Rakshas as an agent in Mission Impossible.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff. Owen and Guts talk a bit, and Guts isn't smiling. He says he was part of the Hawks, but that it was a long time ago. Nobody seems to overhear, though Isidro's wondering what the matter is. Owen asks where Griffith is, and he thinks that Griffith will save Midland. Guts and the others depart. The pontiff's vision is awesome, it's the come back of the Falcon of Light. He's not in good health and the others are talking about his succession. Mule and Sonia come to him at the end of the episode.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks aaz, as ever

Wow, everything I wanted and more. Somewhat brief exchange between Owen and Guts, though. And yes, no we know Griffith can't be too far behind.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Thanks buddy! :guts:

Well looks like I called it this time around with him having his little thoughts filled with Griffith goodness! I get a cookie!

Top Bottom