Episode 264

Aazealh said:
:judo: I'm still not used to waiting.....

Rhombaad said:
I think the source of the vision was Griffith.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, it's Griffith's doing, I don't think it could possibly be a coincidence.
Yet we witnessed another tremendous power of the GH :griff:

But could it be possibily Sonia's doing? (Being near to the Pontiff and having telepathic powers and such....)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Shirukei said:
But could it be possibily Sonia's doing? (Being near to the Pontiff and having telepathic powers and such....)

Hmmm, while a possibility, I think the dream was all Griffith on this one. No hard evidence, just a feeling I guess.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Great episode, and great posts by Aaz about it. It'll be interesting to see if, besides having the full weight of the Holy See behind him, Griffith will be officially recognized as devine, or at least made into some kind of saint. =)

Also, now the shoe is on the other foot; wouldn't it be interesting if Owen mentioned meeting Guts to Griffith? :guts:

I don't see why it would really matter or that it'll even happen, but I'd like to see his reaction in any case.

"Oh really, what did he say...?" :griff:

R

-rob-

"Griffith No More!" said:
Also, now the shoe is on the other foot; wouldn't it be interesting if Owen mentioned meeting Guts to Griffith? :guts:

I don't see why it would really matter or that it'll even happen, but I'd like to see his reaction in any case.

That would be nice

But hopefully Griffith and Guts see each other first before Owen gets a chance to tell him!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Now that would be something! I wonder what Griffith would say... :???:

Excellent. :carcus:

Good thing Guts didn't tell Owen where they were going. :void:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Hmm, perhaps Griffith will add the title of pontiff to his own resume, or at least get enough blessing from the current one to operate autonomously (whether by sucession or schism). I mean what good's being a king if you still have a religious authority capable of challenging you?

Of course, this is if the pontiff buys the farm anytime soon, and I thought he looked a lot healthier after the dream.

Aazealh said:
My opinion on the matter (since you haven't asked for it :carcus:) is that he's closer to 23 than 22 if we take all the stuff that happened into consideration.

I think he is still 22 somehow, not too sure though.. You see in vol 22 Guts remeber how he challenge Griffith and left him in the snow... So I presumed it is most probably the fourth winter after that... (3 years from timeline and 1 extra year perhap for saving Griffith, killing Roshinu etc.)

Guts leave the leave when he was 18++, so...

I love you... :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Also, now the shoe is on the other foot; wouldn't it be interesting if Owen mentioned meeting Guts to Griffith?

Great supposition, that would indeed be very interesting. Now I want it to happen. :griff:

Smith said:
I think he is still 22 somehow, not too sure though..

If you're not sure, how about you check before posting? It's actually not as easy to tell as it seems, since the time gaps don't always fit the seasons (see the one year gap after Guts leaves the Hawks, it's not winter when the Occultation happens). There are plenty of possibilities (it's also been a while now since the Hill of Swords). And then we don't know exactly at what time of the year Guts was born... Whatever anyway, there are others threads on this specific topic, no need to go on about it in here.

Great episode, and great posts by Aaz about it. It'll be interesting to see if, besides having the full weight of the Holy See behind him, Griffith will be officially recognized as devine, or at least made into some kind of saint. =)

I was under the assumption that Griffith sort of already knew about Guts...if not like how he knew about Flora, then at least from the apostles from that attack. I was actually wondering what would happen when/if Owen talks to Raban again, along with Foss and their underground movement.

Aazealh said:
Yep, but it's not just that, mentally he's gone through a lot of things. His life was really eventful, it's normal for him to be so mature in my opinion, and that influences the way we look at him.

I totally agree, I should have been more specific with my words than just saying "emotional exhaustion," (I sort of lumped all the psychological scars and strugles into an oversimplified package). Anyway, Gut's has been strugling all his life, as a child he experienced horrid things (rape, betrayal by his only "father figure," killing that father figure (patricide)), not to mention growing up in a violent world takes it's toll on you... anyway. He has done his fair share of less than decent things as well. Then there is the eclipse... and everything after that.

Griffith

Mage said:
I was under the assumption that Griffith sort of already knew about Guts...if not like how he knew about Flora, then at least from the apostles from that attack.

And for all we know, Griffith already knows Guts is in Vritannis (Sonja does, afterall). What I meant was that it would be interesting to see Griffith's reaction to Guts talking to a high-ranking Midlander about him. Since the conversation was so vague, Owen may still be under the impression Guts is somehow affiliated Griffith. Especially if Griffith shows up soon after this encounter. So, if Owen and Griffith should meet, it's not out of realm of possibility that Owen would mention Guts. It would be especially funny if he referred to Guts as if he was still one of Griffith's secondaries.

By the way, if Griffith knows what Guts and company are up to, it would be prudent of him to try and stop them at any cost, don't you think?

I hope Skull Knight shows up. =)

Mage said:
I was actually wondering what would happen when/if Owen talks to Raban again, along with Foss and their underground movement.

Most likely if they all stay alive. I'm looking forward to that too, especially in the setting of a re-established Midland under Griffith's rule. I'd like to see where they'd end up. Hopefully, not in an Apostle's belly. :beast: :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
A skullknight / griffith meeting would be very cool.

As Griffith saw Flora as a threat, I'd imagine he'd find the residents of Elfhelm as potential friggin' catastrophe. It would be wise to destroy it. As far as what Guts is trying to accomplish there, thats inconsequential I'm sure.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
And for all we know, Griffith already knows Guts is in Vritannis (Sonja does, afterall). What I meant was that it would be interesting to see Griffith's reaction to Guts talking to a high-ranking Midlander about him. Since the conversation was so vague, Owen may still be under the impression Guts is somehow affiliated Griffith. Especially if Griffith shows up soon after this encounter. So, if Owen and Griffith should meet, it's not out of realm of possibility that Owen would mention Guts. It would be especially funny if he referred to Guts as if he was still one of Griffith's secondaries.

Oh by the way Griffith I saw your raid commander!

Who Zodd?

No, that Guts fellow.

Or something like that! :guts:

Griffith

CnC said:
A skullknight / griffith meeting would be very cool..

Well, Duh! :badbone:

CnC said:
As Griffith saw Flora as a threat, I'd imagine he'd find the residents of Elfhelm as potential friggin' catastrophe. It would be wise to destroy it. As far as what Guts is trying to accomplish there, thats inconsequential I'm sure.

I don't think so. Not just because as the readers we know that whatever Guts does there is really the most consequential thing, but I think Griffith has to take him seriously in a very practical sense (unless he's in some kind of self-destructive denial or he's too concerned with Ganishka). But look at the facts, since they last met: Guts has defeated a God Hand, gotten the Berserker's Armor (Zodd will certainly have something to say about that), killed dozens of his Apostle soldiers (whom he was already famous among), successfully dueled and wounded one of his strongest lieutenants (I doubt Grunbeld's forgotten about it), and he's traveling with the apprentice of the witch Griffith found so threatening in the first place. All things considered he's almost certainly become their nemesis in more than just a romantic sense; he's now more than one man against the odds and he's already done more damage than Ganishka. Can they afford to let this guy go, let alone to gain more power and influence?

If Griffith doesn't act soon, he's obviously blinded by love. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Oh by the way Griffith I saw your raid commander!

Who Zodd?

No, that Guts fellow.

Or something like that! :guts:

Something exactly like that.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Shirukei said:
:judo: I'm still not used to waiting.....

I don't think you should be complaining at all. Were actually seeing the series a lot sooner till the time its publish. Personally that's a blessing that we get to peek it this early. This almost like waiting for my monthly comic book subscription as far as i am concerned. And i am grateful that Miura lets his fans have a sneak preview till the next book comes out. I just hope he finishes the series before he crooks. I also hope Aaz can have someone translate the rest of the back issues. Any volunteers?

xbigvmanx said:
I don't think you should be complaining at all.

I wasn't even complaining at all, just to actually state out the fact that I am still not used to waiting yet as I had only waited about like 2 episodes since i read the manga from Volume 1 (and got really hooked on) a couple of weeks ago.

xbigvmanx said:
Were actually seeing the series a lot sooner till the time its publish. Personally that's a blessing that we get to peek it this early.
Yup, it was truly a bliss that SK.net existed. :carcus:

R

-rob-

Shirukei said:
I just to actually state out the fact that I am still not used to waiting yet as I had only waited about like 2 episodes since i read the manga from Volume 1 (and got really hooked on)

I feel the same way, hopefully I'll get used to it eventually. (I don't really have much of a choice)

Gut's has been strugling all his life, as a child he experienced horrid things (rape, betrayal by his only "father figure," killing that father figure (patricide)), not to mention growing up in a violent world takes it's toll on you...

Yes.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Everything you said

Well, I can see that happening as well. I'm just saying if Griffith were to act, it would more likely be against the denizens of Elfhelm rather than Guts and co. Or at least, they would be seen as the greater immediate threat. To acknowledge Guts as anything right now would be a concession to Griffith. I think we're more likely to see Guts be seen as nothing more than a bothersome insect to him.

Griffith

CnC said:
Well, I can see that happening as well.  I'm just saying if Griffith were to act, it would more likely be against the denizens of Elfhelm rather than Guts and co.  Or at least, they would be seen as the greater immediate threat.

How are they a greater immediate threat at the moment? They're out on an island and Guts is in the next town over. And c'mon, we know that Elfhelm is only a threat in so much as they can help Guts. =)

Sure, there might not be cause for Griffith to think that way, but if you want to stop those two from getting together, Guts is right there to go after. Then again, the burning island scenario is a fun one (and it might be easier to destroy the place then to stop Guts from getting there =).

"I see smoke!"

:puck: "..."

CnC said:
To acknowledge Guts as anything right now would be a concession to Griffith.  I think we're more likely to see Guts be seen as nothing more than a bothersome insect to him.

While he does put on airs about it, he doesn't seem to have trouble acknowledging Guts as a possible problem. The first thing Griffith did after getting some pants (probably to hide his huge Guts boner =), was to implicitly make sure his feelings for the big guy weren't going to destroy him again. So, why wouldn't Griffith acknowledge him as a problem now? Guts has already cost him, and is potentially the greatest threat to him out there. Sure, after what happened before, maybe he has something to prove, but if it was anybody else, would Griffith ignore such a threat?

R

-rob-

Next time Griffith sees Guts he'll probably try and get Guts to join his side again.

While he does put on airs about it, he doesn't seem to have trouble acknowledging Guts as a possible problem. The first thing Griffith did after getting some pants (probably to hide his huge Guts boner =), was to implicitly make sure his feelings for the big guy weren't going to destroy him again. So, why wouldn't Griffith acknowledge him as a problem now? Guts has already cost him, and is potentially the greatest threat to him out there. Sure, after what happened before, maybe he has something to prove, but if it was anybody else, would Griffith ignore such a threat?

Then why hasn't Griffith killed him allready?
Is it because whatever "tale" one might be, the mere propierty of it's existance is such that it has to indorse a quality of insecurity? And Guts or Casca are the only ones that he can properly be linking with this quality?
Or is it perhaps Griffith has to still gain their forgiveness?

Top Bottom