Episode 264

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
I'm just going on my gut (hehe) feeling that the narrative implies Griffith is underestimating Guts, and thus is in for a nasty surprise.

Oh, there's no arguing that, I guess I just don't think Guts is being underestimated to the same degree as you.

So, I guess the real point is don't take it too seriously when uncle Griff and CnC get into pointless arguments, kids. :troll:

"Griffith No More!" said:
Grunbeld more or less publically declared he needed to be stopped for Griffith's protection.
I disagree.  :void:
I think it was all about how happy he was about himself that he found a challenge.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
I disagree.  :void:
I think it was all about how happy he was about himself that he found a challenge.

That's why I put "more or less" and we were talking about different possible interpretations of events. Thanks for the valuable input, though. :guts:

Griffiths.jpg

Okay, I better stop.​

CnC

Ad Oculos
silentmoon said:
First, we only have a VERY vague idea about what Griffith's agenda

Griff true intentions are to own his very own... deli!

griff_deli.jpg

Every sword belongs in its sheath. Go back to the sheath your master holds. Go back to Griffith's Deli, located at the corner of 3rd and Maine, today!​

"Griffith No More!" said:
That same time Guts used that armor to slay more of Griffith's Apostles than Ganishka has

Ganishka's the man, though. He strung dozens of them up to make a gigantic portal to create the daka and casually lightninged all those apostles.

Shirukei said:
I shalt go to Serpico's Butchery instead :badbone:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/atomicpuppy/serpicobut.jpg
LOL...Serpico - the really bored butcher :serpico:

Someone stated that Elfhelm is threat to Griffith. I say: NO! It isn't. At least not yet.
The Skellig folks are living on an Island somewhere far away from Midland which Griffith tries to get. They're just chillin' there and probably don't care much about the stuff that goes on the mainland (AFAIR Puck said at some point that elves aren't that much interested in humans) so I see no reason for them to move. Atacking Elfhelm ATM would be pretty pointless and stupid (just like Hitler going against Russia before he finished conquering the West). Why make a new enemy? And a powerful one at that (if an apprentiece witch could flood the whole city and massacre a large amount of trolls then I doubt that Griffith's army could stand a couple of advanced spellcasters with a little protection letting them cast the spells). Fighting with Ganishka, Elfhelm and with Guts roaming around somewhere nearby at the same time wouldn't do him any good. He's too good tactician to do such a basic mistake.
I also don't really see a possibility of some wizards/elves suddenly going with following Guts to the mainland, so I guess Griff is pretty safe from them (unless he does something to really piss them off (like sailing to their home with an army)).

Why Griffith didn't kill Guts yet?
'Cause he still wants him... :guts:

Awesome, thanks for all these recent episodes. Things are really tarting to heat up! I hope Miura doesn't take another break anytime soon...

Psymont 2.0 said:
Im in S. Florida and have had no power since monday thanks to hurricane wilma... coming back to find a new epi has made it all worth while... thanks so much

ditto... i still got no power, but i HAD to rush to my aunts to get this new epi. ^_^ hoorray!!!

^
heh, wat dedication to Berserk (well, i'd probably do the same thing!). The only thing I had about these weekly episodes thing is that theres ALWAYS a cliffhanger, and your keep dying to know whats gonna happen next week...maybe i';ll take a month off of Berserk so the releases dont seem so short.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Un_Colombiano said:
^
heh, wat dedication to Berserk (well, i'd probably do the same thing!). The only thing I had about these weekly episodes thing is that theres ALWAYS a cliffhanger, and your keep dying to know whats gonna happen next week...maybe i';ll take a month off of Berserk so the releases dont seem so short.

Well berserk isn't weekly, but us fans still wait...

I don't think that Griffith is turning a blind eye to our man Guts, but I do think he is assured of his "fate." Who's to know exactly what has gone on with Femto/Griffith over the last two years after the eclipse up till the incarnation. Please fill me Az if you got some input on this (in fact there is probably a topic about this, I'll search tomorrow), which I am sure you do :). Has Griffith taken Guts into the overal equation? I think that one of the advatages Guts has used is that he is underestimated by many of the apostles that he has faced.

I have yet to understand clearly Griffith's latest move. Can someone give me some insights on this motive to get to the pope? Or point me to where this is already discussed. I'd like to catch up on the scoop. ;]

CnC

Ad Oculos
dylec said:
I have yet to understand clearly Griffith's latest move. Can someone give me some insights on this motive to get to the pope? Or point me to where this is already discussed. I'd like to catch up on the scoop. ;]

why _wouldn't_ you want a person in power to be greatly influenced in your favor?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dylec said:
We don't know for certain Griffith's intentions with the Pontiff, but members have posted decent-sounding speculations, mostly on page 6 of this thread:

xechnao said:
He [Pontiff] will order the HS allied armies to fight the Kushans thus bringing them(HS armies) to their destruction.

But I think that the important outcome of this episode's event, if the pontif survives will be the answer to the question what will happen as soon as the pontiff meets with Griffith. Will the later officially become the Holy See's Hawk of Light for every single authority that is alleged to the Holy See (including every noble etch...)?

Aazealh said:
The current pontiff could die very soon for all we know, but who says Griffith simply won't do the same to the next (Politiano?). If Griffith was considered divine by the Holy See, he'd instantly gain a lot of influence on a lot of things, he probably could annex several countries under his banner and create an empire with a minimum of violence required. I could even see a religious reign based on the fear that monsters (apostles, astral beings, etc) would devour the non-believers (not unlike what Catholicism did historically). But that's counting without the Kushans, and we don't know exactly how powerful the Holy See is, nor what its resources are. What's sure is that there's a lot of possibilities for Miura to exploit here, but it's nothing new.

Top Bottom