New AOW Guts statue (Berserk's armor)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There's no announcement on Art of War's website for now but it should come soon. It looks like the statue depicts Guts in the Berserk's armor as he's just about to attack the Makara on the beach in episode 241 (he's sleeveless and helmless), with the DS being almost vertical. I'll try to get some pictures online soon.

Revervations will start on october 28, at 11:00AM Japan time. Price should be 25,000円 ($216).

Dimensions are: 30cm (height), 20cm (width), and 20cm (depth).

There will of course be Exclusive versions, limited to 400 for the Exclusive I and 100 for the Exclusive II. EX1 will feature a crocodile familiar corpse, and EX2 an apostle corpse (I don't see what apostle it's supposed to be but...).

EDIT: Here's some pictures: (thanks Masato and JIN for the effort)

GutsAOWnew01.jpg
GutsAOWnew03.jpg
GutsAOWnew02.jpg

Aazealh said:
There's no announcement on Art of War's website for now but it should come soon. It looks like the statue depicts Guts in the Berserk's armor as he's just about to attack the Makara on the beach in episode 241 (he's sleeveless and helmless), with the DS being almost vertical. I'll try to get some pictures online later.

Revervations will start on october 28, at 11:00AM Japan time. Price should be 25,000円 ($216).

Dimensions are: 30cm (height), 20cm (width), and 20cm (depth).

There will of course be Exclusive versions, limited to 400 for the Exclusive I and 100 for the Exclusive II.

HOT DAMN THAT SOUNDS SEXY! And the DS being vertical??? Even better!

Thanks for the heads up Aaz.

R

-rob-

Hmm, I still havent got my Berserker Armor yet... But when I do get it I wanna see if I like it better then the new one, if not I'll probably have to sit this out. :'(

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Fantastic! The statue sounds kick-ass and reasonably affordable. Wonder what the Exclusive Versions will be like, aside from the addition of blood. :???:

just finished a research proposal which is due by 8am est....was very tired so i thought i would pay a visit b4 going to bed....and i then saw this post about a new guts statue  :isidro: ....now im totally awake  :guts:

i cant wait to see what it will actually look like @@
thanks for letting us know in advance aaz  :SK:

Yes thanks for the update aaz!! Can't wait for this.

Hey Kubricka, i am also working on research for a final paper for one of my courses. Decided to come here to get my mind off of things .... i thought that was a funny coincidence. I guess berserk has that effect on ppl :guts:

New resin statue?

hey everybody
i was browsing for pictures for "Berserk" on google
and i happened over a picture

http://berserk.xrea.jp/mt/archives/2005/10/Artofwar20051022.html

looks to me like a new figure, release date if i'm not wrong to be on the 28th of this month..

DirectDK you know anythink about this?

R

-rob-

Re: New resin statue?

Yeah thats a picture to the new one Aazealh just posted about I believe. Nice on finding that pic so fast tho!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the pic! However so far I'm not impressed with the statue. FUF edition and looks like the arms are disproportionate

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Berserk-KW said:
looks to me like a new figure, release date if i'm not wrong to be on the 28th of this month..

DirectDK you know anythink about this?

Say, it's nice to post about it, but can't you check threads before posting new ones? Anyway, there are pictures in the first post guys.

CnC said:
However so far I'm not impressed with the statue. FUF edition and looks like the arms are disproportionate

The face was never their strong point, however I'll wait until we have better pictures to really judge it.

Aazealh said:
The face was never their strong point, however I'll wait until we have better pictures to really judge it.

My thoughts as well. The face does seem to be sculpted differently for better or worse we'll have to wait and see.

I had assumed another Berserk armor would be comming. I was hoping for a helm off version with Guts at rest instead of another action pose. I'm sure I'll still pick this up though :troll:.

Aazealh said:
There will of course be Exclusive versions, limited to 400 for the Exclusive I and 100 for the Exclusive II. EX1 will feature a crocodile familiar corpse, and EX2 an apostle corpse (I don't see what apostle it's supposed to be but...).

Fuckety fuck fuck.

I hope the apostle one sucks or doesn't make any sense so I don't have to get both.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Maiku said:
Fuckety fuck fuck.

I hope the apostle one sucks or doesn't make any sense so I don't have to get both.

From what I've seen the mini-statues they come with are usually just as good if not better (especially if they don't have a human face). So good luck on that front.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hmmmm, it looks interesting...the pose is pretty cool. I was thinking they might add a crocodile familiar for one of the exclusives. Wonder what Apostle they're going to add. :???:

man statue looks awesome. To bad i wont be ordering it from AoW im still trying to work out things with my watch. However ill be on the look out for a resale version :p

Cant wait to see the finished project and the exclusive versions. ^^ thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm... the pose is what I imagined, but I'm not crazy about the face. Well, we'll see how the final product will turn out.

And I agree with Maiku, one of the exclusive heads better be considerably worse than the other, otherwise I'll want both! :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Damnit, the more I thought about this statue today the more angry I'm getting that they released another Guts statue.  True, he is my favorite character and the lead in the story, but there are a lot of other cool characters who they don't have any statues for yet, like Serpico! :puck:  GAH!  Oh well, it looks decent enough...I kinda hope it's a prototype and the face looks better on the final version...the face on this one is about as bad as the Guts Maken statue. :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I kinda hope it's a prototype and the face looks better on the final version...the face on this one is about as bad as the Guts Maken statue. :SK:

I don't find it worse than all the other faces on all the other Guts statues. They're all pretty bad in general and none of them really looks like Guts... I understand the concern though, I guess I just didn't expect people to care much with the ongoing tradition of disfigured Guts statues.

Top Bottom