Timeline in DVD...

Hello all,

I'm new to the story, the site and BBS.  I've watched all of the animated episode, but haven't read any of the actual manga.  I've just read what I could find online.  This is a great site, please keep up the good work.

During episode #1 on the DVD, there's a man in the bar that comments about how miserable life is now that Griffith has become king.  Could he be referring a period where Griffith-reborn (GR) has already become king of his on country?

In Gutts' dreams, we see images of Femto only, not GR.  So if Femto is actually king during this time, how does some drunk in a bar know that Femto used to be Griffith?

Where is this story actually picking up after The Eclipse?

Thanks,
Xavian

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Welcome!

During episode #1 on the DVD, there's a man in the bar that comments about how miserable life is now that Griffith has become king.  Could he be referring a period where Griffith-reborn (GR) has already become king of his on country?
To answer your question, Yes..according to the anime. But the peasant never actually says that in the manga, these changes are littered all over the anime. Storywise, the anime isn't accurate. The manga tells the true story.

In Gutts' dreams, we see images of Femto only, not GR.  So if Femto is actually king during this time, how does some drunk in a bar know that Femto used to be Griffith?
In the anime version, he doesn't...he just knows that Griffith is king.

More specifically, after he leaves Godo's house (where he and Caska recuperate from the events of the Eclipse).

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Hello all,
hello

I'm new to the story, the site and BBS.  I've watched all of the animated episode, but haven't read any of the actual manga.

if you are truly interested in berserk, you should really go get the manga. the anime is just a sort of a half-assed adaption to the manga...

During episode #1 on the DVD, there's a man in the bar that comments about how miserable life is now that Griffith has become king.  
Could he be referring a period where Griffith-reborn (GR) has already become king of his on country?
actually the guy isn't referring to griffith, but to the "Lord of Koka Castle" (prepares to be hagued) also known as the "snake baron", whom you can see die a painful death lateron...

In Gutts' dreams, we see images of Femto only, not GR.
Femto doesn't exist anymore. The reborn Griffith is sort of replacing him.
So if Femto is actually king during this time, how does some drunk in a bar know that Femto used to be Griffith?
er... i don't think there's a drunk in a bar who knows that? ^^

i assume you mean in the manga? the story continues outside of the eclipse, when the Skullknight takes Guts and Caska with him.

Thanks,
Xavian
you're welcome!

If he's not referring to Griffith being king, why does he say "since Griffith became king"?

And, no, I mean the DVD regarding the storyline.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
I forgot to mention one important thing. Read the FAQ. All the answers to your Berserk questions will be found there.

actually the guy isn't referring to griffith, but to the "Lord of Koka Castle" (prepares to be hagued) also known as the "snake baron", whom you can see die a painful death lateron...
He _is_ talking about Griffith, in the anime.
(well, you asked for it? ^_^;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh, Olivier Olivier... What he's trying to say folks, is that it was a mistake by the anime staff. A fucking HUGE, controversial one, but a mistake nonetheless. Pay no attention to the man at the bar.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Olivier Hague said:
He _is_ talking about Griffith, in the anime.
(well, you asked for it? ^_^;)

yeah i apparently asked for it... i wasn't sure if this was different as in the anime.

however walter is right, the correct answer would be "don't pay attention to him".

Top Bottom