SK Net Pets

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
One of the best things about having a dog is being able to take them outside AND inside. But with a cat, that's normally quite a hurdle. They're mostly indoor creatures only. Well, our cat Bodhi started out as a stray, so he feels comfy outdoors. Which is awesome. Since we bought him this harness, he demands to be "walked" (allowed to roam at his leisure as we stand guard) every Saturday, as long as it's not rainy out.

outside1.jpg

outside2.jpg

outside3.jpg

outside5.jpg

outside4.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I'd disagree that cats are mostly indoor creatures. If you let a young cat venture out (instead of locking him up), he'll very likely spend a lot of his time away from the house, roaming the neighborhood. At least in my experience.

Great pictures in any case, Bodhi looks adorable with his harness. :guts:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Aazealh said:
Actually I'd disagree that cats are mostly indoor creatures. If you let a young cat venture out (instead of locking him up), he'll very likely spend a lot of his time away from the house, roaming the neighborhood. At least in my experience.

Ruby has brought me many gifts. A couple of birds and over a dozen moles.  :troll:

Edit: I think he was talking about his cats. My cats are mostly indoor with Ruby being the exception. What makes it even more funny is that Ruby didn't like being outside where I lived because she was scared of the neighbor dogs. Now she does either night long patrols or comes back at 1AM meowing at my window.  :judo:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Well sure they want to venture out, but I should have clarified. If our cats wandered out, they'd get run over quickly. We're adjacent to a large highway. So roaming isn't an option. Also, after they begin to roam, they cease to be your pets and become simply animals that paw at your door wanting food. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well sure they want to venture out, but I should have clarified. If our cats wandered out, they'd get run over quickly. We're adjacent to a large highway. So roaming isn't an option.

Ah yeah, that sucks. :sad:

Walter said:
Also, after they begin to roam, they cease to be your pets and become simply animals that paw at your door wanting food. 

Hahaha yeah, and they tend to do the same with a few old lady a couple of blocks over, so that they end up eating 8 times a day. :ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here's Max resting after some ball chasing and wrestling with the other dog. It's getting hot out here (103 F today ), so the dogs try to do more playing as the sunset is ending.

maxmoy.jpg

UPDATE: Here are more pics I took today of Max, Cloud and some birds we got about a month ago.

dscn0816.jpg

dscn0818.jpg

dscn0819e.jpg

My cat of 15 years, Arthur, passed away peacefully this past Sunday. My parents buried him in the backyard (my wish), the one true place he always longed to be (we never let him out since he got lost one time for several days).

In loving memory:

:judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
yota821 said:
My cat of 15 years, Arthur, passed away peacefully this past Sunday. My parents buried him in the backyard (my wish), the one true place he always longed to be (we never let him out since he got lost one time for several days).

In loving memory:

:judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo: :judo:

Too bad about your pet Yota. :judo: 15 years of company from Arthur, must have quite the memories.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Yeah, sorry to hear that Yota. It's hard to lose a member of the family, human or otherwise, but remembering all the years of love and hairy companionship (even when it ends up all over one of your black sweaters) can help dull the pain of their passing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:

Sorry to hear that man. It's always a hard time losing a pet.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That sucks, Yota, I'm sorry. :guts-sad: Fifteen years is a pretty long time for a cat.

Here are some more pictures of my 14-year-old golden retriever, Toby:

64007766613972781071278.jpg

64007766613773181071278.jpg

64007766613872981071278.jpg

yota821 said:

In loving memory:

Hey Yota,

I know that it's always hard to loose a long time friend...
you see them growing and you take care of them as best as you can,
then you have these hard moments when you see them passing away...
As Grail said, always remember all the good times that he got during his life, I know too that it can help.
Also, I always have this thought each time it happen:
"goodbye my friend, we will see each other in the afterlife..."

Rhombaad, Toby looks really cool, I love the golden retriever!.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Here's Cloud with one of its offsfspring. Cloud snuck into the neighbor's home sometimes and reproduced, so the neighbors gave one of the puppies to us. It's a female and the name for the puppy is Melody.

dscn0995.jpg

dscn0996m.jpg

turkitage

ターク
I lurk here a bunch and barely post.... so I figure I'd start posting places, since this forum has some really awesome people.

Here is my cat Zig-Zag!

8829_102081913143598_100000253686363_53862_6139931_n.jpg

Don't know why but he loves sleeping on his back like that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
the Astral Waterlily said:
Gollum:

Smeagol:

These two are adorable. :serpico: I love the pose in the first picture too.

turkitage said:
I lurk here a bunch and barely post.... so I figure I'd start posting places, since this forum has some really awesome people.

Here is my cat Zig-Zag!

Hey there man, thanks for the compliment. Don't be shy, you can post some more. Cute cat, by the way. :slan:

turkitage said:
Don't know why but he loves sleeping on his back like that.

Because he knows he's the boss around your house and he likes to show it! :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Baby.jpg

Here's my baby dumpster. He is basking in the fall sunlight and blends in perfectly with the leaves. His name is dumpster because we found him trapped underneath a heavy dumpster, which had to be lifted to save his little kitty life. : O He now lives with us and roams the neighborhood for fun. He's also a Maine Coon, which I believe is also america's first original cat breed. : D

Th3Branded0ne said:
Here's Cloud with one of its offsfspring. Cloud snuck into the neighbor's home sometimes and reproduced, so the neighbors gave one of the puppies to us. It's a female and the name for the puppy is Melody.

Omigosh. Melody is freaking adorable. You're going to make my head explode. : O She looks like a living snowball.

Top Bottom