SK Net Pets

Introducing: Charles Spencer Chaplin

Photo-0023.jpg

I have to admit, I'm more of a dog lover than cat lover. And, mid-sized/ big dogs!

This's Zorba, our second dog, he turned 10 this year, and these pics are old cos I haven't seen him in 2 years. Before we had him, we had a Dalmation who lived for 12 and a half years. I can't wait to go back home this November/ December to catch up with and play with zeh Zorbs.

Backseat of our car
Zorbabackseatdriving.jpg

He was on top of me, not letting me read my manga cos he was scared of the wire-works that night ... few years ago.
Zscared.jpg

He must've been 6 when this was taken
SmilingZ.jpg

When he's bored in the apartment, he either gets on the chair or on the ledge to check things outside
Image003.jpg

He's trying to chew on the TV remote in my brother's hand, and kicks him in the nuts ... bro's reaction is priceless :ganishka:
Kick.jpg

Notice how he pushed me off my pillow :schierke:... he was 2 years old in this pic
10_200.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
We had to put my dog, Toby, to sleep shortly before the holidays. He was very old (almost 16), completely blind and almost completely deaf. We had to put him on the leash to lead him outside to go potty and to his food dish. We think he might have had a brain tumor, as well. I haven't posted about this until now because as strange as it sounds, it felt like I would be doing it just for sympathy's sake and I felt uncomfortable about that. I'm posting about it now since it feels like it's been long enough to talk about and because I've posted several pictures of Toby in this thread before. He was a great dog and is terribly missed.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
I'm really sorry to hear about that Rhombaad. It's always hard when you part with a dog, especially an older one. They're great companions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I haven't posted about this until now because as strange as it sounds, it felt like I would be doing it just for sympathy's sake and I felt uncomfortable about that.

I can understand that. I'd say, as sad as it must have been to see him go, and he had a good and long life, and from what you told us it was time for him to move on to a better place.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
I'm so sorry to hear about Toby. He seemed so big and lovable, I always enjoyed looking at his pictures.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aphasia said:
I'm really sorry to hear about that Rhombaad. It's always hard when you part with a dog, especially an older one. They're great companions.

Thanks, Aphasia. I wish they lived as long as we do. Fifteen to twenty years just isn't that much time in the grand scheme of things.

Aazealh said:
I can understand that. I'd say, as sad as it must have been to see him go, and he had a good and long life, and from what you told us it was time for him to move on to a better place.

Yep, it was hard but it was time. We probably should have done it a lot sooner, but my Dad was pretty attached and in a bit of denial about Toby's condition. He just didn't have any quality of life left and I felt more relieved than sad when he passed. He's in a good place now and no longer suffering.

Grail said:
I'm so sorry to hear about Toby. He seemed so big and lovable, I always enjoyed looking at his pictures.

Thanks, Grail. He was a big, fluffy beast, that's for sure. We were convinced he was going to give himself a heart attack every time he saw a new person or a new dog. He was the friendliest animal I've ever encountered, next to our cat Furball (who he was best of friends with). :serpico:

turkitage

ターク
[pldg] said:
Passed away in March.

And of course, my own pet drunk! A true rarity!

Passing away of liver failure. You live with a person for five years and they become family.

No joke...

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you have great memories with him.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
dog.jpg

my pet chihuahua/mini-doberman "kookie"

I love her to death, i just wish she could live at my new apartments but its no pets allowed. :mozgus:

she has been living with my sister for almost a year now, i really miss her sleeping on my computer desk as I surfed the web or did homework. :sad:

at least i get to see her almost every weekend. she one of those dogs that dances on two feet when music goes on. :serpico:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aw she's super cute! My housemates have a mini-doberman that's like eleven million years old and she still dances and spins in turbo circles every time she gets excited (which is like 8 times a day, heh).

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Super cute dog Truder! :guts: It's too bad that she can't stay with you, but at least she has a nice home until you two can be reunited in cohabitable bliss!

Also, really sorry to hear about your cat, pldg. I lost my cat when he was around the same age, and it's not easy.

So, my dorkie (1/2 dachshund, 1/2 yorkie) just turned 5 today. Here she is looking like a 7lb wookie.
Her name is Caska...

HPIM0637.jpg

Top Bottom