SK Net Pets

Ahmetal

God hand help us
My Casca

lVOxqjV.jpg

RyMfCjW.jpg

ESdqKIF.jpg

Thats my puppy , Laika, the day I adopted her, and a recent pic.
I got her from a NGO shelter , no idea on her background, but all the Vets I've taken her think she is a Longhaired whippet mix.
I always take her running with me, she loves it, has so much energy.
She's my "personal trainer", and I've already taught her a few tricks and commands;) So intelligent.

We had a bit of a traumatic phase with our former dogs. We had a poodle and a yorkshire terrier,
the poodle was 18, the yorkshire was 7 , both died of cancer after 2 years of slow progression, was very painful to see them go like that. I decided to adopt from a shelter, both to give a chance to an unwanted dog, and to help me.

Ahmetal

God hand help us
Damn, Sankari. That is brutal. I'm sure they had amazing lives and that's a quite a lot of years on the poodle. I only hope my dobe and chihuahuas will live that long. Your personal trainer is beautiful and very lucky to have you. You're awesome and an inspiration for rescuing.

Ahmetal said:
Damn, Sankari. That is brutal. I'm sure they had amazing lives and that's a quite a lot of years on the poodle. I only hope my dobe and chihuahuas will live that long. Your personal trainer is beautiful and very lucky to have you. You're awesome and an inspiration for rescuing.

Thanks , the Yorkshire was like my own kid, she slept in my room, I took her on walks , she never even wore a leash, was completely obedient. Its hard to lose a pet , but its even harder when you're so closely bonded. She had different "voices" for things she wanted. They both died in my arms at the vet. Laika has brought new joy into my life ;)

Your dog is beautiful as well - Looks like a sweetheart. When my GF and I get married, I want to adopt a couple of bigger , maybe older dogs, they always get left at the shelter ( black dog syndrome - big black dogs, are not usually adopted)

Great to see Berserk fans are real animal lovers :ubik:

This is Guts, 7 years old :guts: I took him out of my local rescue group a year ago, and he really is an awesome cat!

c68fa2a2-57b4-4c21-addf-e7a36615a63f.jpg

I also have two rabbits (one of them is 10 years old :isidro:), but no pictures available at the moment!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
zelis said:
Great to see Berserk fans are real animal lovers :ubik:

This is Guts, 7 years old :guts: I took him out of my local rescue group a year ago, and he really is an awesome cat!

c68fa2a2-57b4-4c21-addf-e7a36615a63f.jpg

He does have a certain countenance about him. :guts:

Indeed he does!

Black and white, slashed ear and broken tooth, I thought he was worthy of a fighter name :guts:

That was before I discovered he is actually a cuddle machine. And he is afraid of rabbits. :ganishka:

This is one of my cats, Cash. I got him from a lady who wasn't able to care for him any more and was trying to find a home for him. I had to compete against some other people who wanted him by submitting a letter. Then his former owner chose who she thought would give him the best home out of those who asked for him. On top of that, part of the deal was that I was supposed to update her on how he was doing every month for the first year after I got him. LOL Kinda weird, but it all worked out!
wYGMiDC.jpg

Here's my other cat, Cloudy. He was being given away for free outside a supermarket when he was a kitten. Cash needed a friend, so it was a good enough excuse for me! :slan:
hyX23ai.jpg

And this is my dog, Huckleberry. I found him wandering around a parking lot. I called him over to me and he jumped in my car like he'd known me his whole life. :ganishka: I didn't intend to keep him and made every effort I could think of to find his owners, but no one ever showed up and after the first couple days I didn't really want them to!
PS1jXsV.jpg

Lovely stories for your pets JMP, you're one generous person! Thanks for sharing.

Cash looks so majestic with his long curling whiskers. Cloudy's pose brought out a chuckle at how cute he is. Huckleberry (awww cute high ears! Dogs are a weakness for me) must have his hands full with two cats in the house. Do they have favorites between them like are any two the best of friends?

Well, Cloudy is the little trouble maker. He's very mischievous and likes to pester the others. Cash is pretty serious and patient, but only puts up with it to a certain point, whereupon he'll open up a can of whoop ass. Huckleberry has a healthy respect for both the cats and knows his limits (most of the time). Huckleberry's part Border Collie, and he does attempt to literally herd cats, which doesn't usually work out too well for him.
Cloudy and Huckleberry enjoy chasing each other around, but Cloudy will intimidate Huckleberry any time. LOL Cloudy thinks he's the boss, but it's really Cash who has the last word (or meow I guess) around here. LOL
When I first got Huckleberry I made the mistake of introducing him to the cats a little too abruptly. They turned into enraged Tasmanian devils and both Huckleberry and I had to make a run for it out the back door! :ganishka:
Overall, though, they exist pretty peaceably now. :griffnotevil:

Haha, love that pic peering out from under the furniture, looks like trouble! :rakshas: Very cute, Vampire Hunter Bob! :serpico:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
JMP said:
Haha, love that pic peering out from under the furniture, looks like trouble! :rakshas: Very cute, Vampire Hunter Bob! :serpico:

Thanks! I imagine these two pictures cover her scope of demeanor. She's either an insane snarling cat or an ideal cat.

I have a six year old pit bull. He is a rescue dog and he is just sooo cute and lovable. He is such gentle dog with a sweet disposition, which is absolutely surprising to me because you always here stories about how vicious and dangerous pit-bulls are. But he is very chill and just wants to be around people. But mostly he just lays around the house, particularly on his little couch:

0710151657-00_zpsk8wjqnsd.jpg

0826141206-00_zpsgq7bewuo.jpg

0423151219-00_zps1x6cndug.jpg

0114152256-00_zpsxnmrjxsg.jpg

0606151236-03_zpsqevysgb9.jpg

my father call him the "couch critter"

He can occasionally be an acrobat in spite of being a lazy dog. two days ago he manged to jump the fence. I've never seen anything like it. He got a running start and manged through momentum alone to run half up the fence (the fence is not short) then twisted his body and used a thick branch as a spring board to vault him self over the fence into my neighbors yard. he then proceeded to jump in my neighbor's pool. It was a show of athleticism I have never seen him display before. It was also surprising that he jumped in my neighbors pool because generally he hates to be wet. he is even too big of a baby to go for a walk in the rain because he hates it so much.

Aw, he looks like a sweet heart, Vixen Comics! :serpico: Love the "couch critter" nickname! :ganishka:

GiantSword Mufasa, I can't see your picture.

Aha, found it! I knew there had to be a thread for this somewhere on here. I'm currently at work, so I can't post any pictures, but I adopted a black lab from the shelter in my town about two weeks ago. He's already 6 months old, but he was a stray and didn't have a name. So, now he is Rickert! I wanted a good name for someone younger and smaller, but he seems to be a pure-bred male black lab, so I needed a name for him to grow with. I think Rickert is perfect because we are slowly seeing the character become a man as the story progresses. :rickert: (disclaimer: I promise, this doesn't mean I'm slapping my dog, there just aren't any other Rickert emojis)

PS: Lovely pets everyone! :ubik:

Eneshi said:
So, now he is Rickert! I wanted a good name for someone younger and smaller, but he seems to be a pure-bred male black lab, so I needed a name for him to grow with. I think Rickert is perfect because we are slowly seeing the character become a man as the story progresses.
What a cool idea for naming him. :guts:

My dog, Huckleberry, got skunked this week. Holy shit, what a stench!!! :schnoz: That was nothing short of chemical warfare! I had never experienced skunk up close before and I never want to again. It was enough to make me gag and my eyes water. :judo: I washed him down with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap recommended on the internet and that worked thank goodness!

Gobolatula said:
My cat is a fucking asshole.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but sometimes I wish he wasn't such a dick. Right now I'm posting at 2:37 AM because he woke me up. Every night he does this. Now I can't get back to sleep.

I'll have my door closed and he'll meow CONSTANTLY at my door until I wake up and let him outside. He's relentless. I've tried ignoring him, trust me. If I have my window open, GOD FORBID I HAVE MY WINDOW OPEN FOR SOME FRESH AIR, he'll stand outside my window meowing to let him back in not even an hour later.

This drives me nuts. I need my sleep.

Do any of you guys have experience in dealing with stuff like this? I don't know how to get him to stop. Aaz suggested a cat door, but I can't do go that route unfortunately. I'll admit I know nothing about cat behavior and how to get them to stop doing dumb shit.

Dude, last night when i was going through this thread, after reading this comment i had to laugh so much that i had to leave my room. Otherwise i would have woken up my brother :ganishka: Seriously, i was not able to stop. :ganishka:

By the way Guys, you all have wonderful pets. I am thinking of getting a Dog soon, so it was a nice experience to go through this thread.

Top Bottom