Displaying Berserk Art & Merchandise

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Wow, that's a fantastic display. Also, I must be losing my mind (or completely obsessed with Berserk): In the first pic where your cat is lying, I SWEAR I thought I saw it as a Skull Knight statue. :badbone:

turkitage

ターク
Death May Die said:
Yeah, dude, no offense. Simply by first impression, I think I was very surprised by your computer collection there.

hah! Yeah, I wanted to show my computer room so you can see where I put the display case (it's just my computer, my file server, media center server, and some guest computers). Now that I have my display case with all my Berserk stuff AND all my computers in this room.. I never want to leave it - absolute favorite room in my house!

DirectDK said:
WOW. BEAUTIFUL, turkitage. Where did you find such an awesome display case???! That is a HUGE upgrade!

My friend's company owns a sword shop and they were moving to a smaller location and didn't have a need for this display case. So he gave them to me for helping them move - they had two of them so I went ahead and took both of them since they are the exact same. The other one I have stored in another room not in use. Not sure if I'm going to use it or not but since they were free and matching I went ahead and got it. *they were pretty expensive and he got custom tier'd shelfs inside and he also installed a custom light too!* I'll ask where he got it though. The case has no switch so you have to plug it into an outlet to turn on the lights.. BUT want to know the cool thing I did? I went to newegg and bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882004001 and plugged the display case to the logisys outlet and then i got some velcro and velcro'd the power remote to the bottom of my computer desk below my mouse pad. So if I'm sitting in my chair I can reach my hand under my desk and turn on and off the lights in the display!!!!! I know this is overly dorky but whatever!! (I gotta somehow compete with Derek's collection after all! :guts:)

Saephon said:
Wow, that's a fantastic display. Also, I must be losing my mind (or completely obsessed with Berserk): In the first pic where your cat is lying, I SWEAR I thought I saw it as a Skull Knight statue. :badbone:

Haha! you're not losing it. My cat - Zig-Zag - can be pretty evil sometimes and resemble lots of things, trust me.

yesmilord

千年王国
I really want to post up my display that is pretty much complete, but I still need to wait on a few things before I do so. Hang on tight!

turkitage said:
you're right. But ya know.. I don't recall seeing any pictures posted by you here.... besides...

Just how long was soon enough? :carcus:

Damn! I got called out! :serpico: Well here are two quick shots of the majority of my collection. Sorry the images suck. My office is narrow so I could not get a wider shot. My battery was also about to die. Big ups to Derek for hosting.

maiku2.jpg

maiku1.jpg

NOT pictured - First two items are not currently in my physical possession. Rest of the stuff lives somewhere else in the house or at work.
1/10 guts on horse - At a Japanese friends place. He bought it for me in Japan and he lives a few hours away. I just haven't been able to go pick it up.
Standing silver SK - Used as reference for the bust
Complete AoW mini figure collection. Including the Berserker two pack and PS2 pre-order Zodd.
All the puck sets
Almost all the AoW action figures - Just missing Femto
The 4 AoW PVC statues.
Both Medicom Kubrick sets
2 artbooks
Nearly complete US and Japanese Manga releases - I'm a few volumes behind on each.
1/6 Guts action figure - Bloody

turkitage

ターク
Maiku said:
Damn! I got called out! :serpico:

wow... you just made my day. That is freaking awesome!!! Sucks you couldn't get a wider shot I'd like to see the whole thing, but very impressive man.

yesmilord said:
I really want to post up my display that is pretty much complete, but I still need to wait on a few things before I do so. Hang on tight!

You're up next!

Goddamn, I'm jealous. Would you mind possibly taking a few really close up pics of Femto including his helmet head on for me? If so I would be reallllly thankful.

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone.

BloodTalon said:
That's an amazing collection Maiku. Just curious, do you collect anything other than Berserk?

I do. Berserk is probably about 40% of my collection

yesmilord

千年王国
Sorry for the delayed photos. I was waiting till I had fully repaired my Armored Berserk before posting this. And sorry again for the shoddy pictures haha.

_DSC0873.jpg

_DSC0874.jpg

_DSC0875.jpg

Maiku and Yesmilord, WOW!! This just inspires me to get more statues haha!

Where did you guys get the glass/ display rack from?? I was thinking of getting something for my apartment.

IncantatioN said:
Maiku and Yesmilord, WOW!! This just inspires me to get more statues haha!

Where did you guys get the glass/ display rack from?? I was thinking of getting something for my apartment.

Thanks man! Like Aaz says they are Detlofs.

Honestly I'm not in love with them. The most expensive stuff, Zodd Vs. Wyald and 20th Anniversary, doesn't fit. In the next 12-24 months I'll be moving and I'm going to pick up something better.

Wow, I am stunned by these collections.

Hats off to you Gentlemen!

I started collecting recently. Only own two statues from Art of War @ the moment.

Berserk 20th Anniv Repaint limited: 10
Skullknight on Horse II Repaint Reddish Brown: Limited 5 (still 45 - 60 days to receive :X)

Most of my statue collection has been limited to SideShow Toys (Own about 8 of their premium format statues)
but after owning an Art of War item the difference in the quality and craftsmanship is obvious.

Anyways, hoping to build a great Berserk collection soon as well! :)

Soon as I have a home office I will display em as I recently got married and I am somewhat limited to how I can showcase my collections lol

Cheers!

A bit of an update ... I don't have displaying cabinets or shelves, and when I went in to get a haircut I noticed 2 display cabinets they used to have for displaying watches were emptied and put on the side. I stuck a deal with the guy to sell them to me at $100 a pop, and called my mover guy (who I'd used 2 years ago to bring my stuff from Jersey City into Queens) to pick it up and deliver it to my place. He's charging me $150 for the whole move. I'm hoping this gets done tomorrow evening so I can ride back with them and give em access to the apartment. That leaves me with just tonight to make room for em in the apartment, gonna have to figure out where to shift what!

img00384-20100929-18092.jpg

img00383-20100929-18092.jpg

One cabinet's wider than the other, and has lights while the other doesn't. The only problem is the big label smack at the front (on top), which I'll cover up with something when I get the time. I was thinking of putting a big panel of the text BERSERK written in Japanese to cover it up. What do you think? Any ideas/ suggestions? I'm more of an impulsive guy so I don't even know if I struck a good enough deal on this or not!

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
IncantatioN said:
What do you think? Any ideas/ suggestions? I'm more of an impulsive guy so I don't even know if I struck a good enough deal on this or not!

Seems like a good deal to me! I pay almost 100 for my Ikea Detolfs, and they aren't that nice. Have you considered just repainting the entire shelfs? Can't go wrong with black!

Top Bottom