Displaying Berserk Art & Merchandise

Looking good Incantation! I can't wait to see you break out that 2nd case and get one dedicated solely for BERSERK. Make sure you post pics of that when you're done!!! :guts:

turkitage

ターク
awesome so far Incantation. Yeah, would love to see both cabinets and all your statues separated nice and neatly! I only have that one display case and It still took me a while to figure out how I wanted to display everything. I've gotten several more pieces so now I'm running into that problem again! So, I'll have to figure how which pieces need to go in what part of the display case. Any of you guys run into that issue too? I feel like I spend so much time to get it perfect! heh. But at this point, I'm pretty much done buying statues for a while at least. I don't want to go crazy and buy a ton and have no room to put them nor spend the money. I like having one simple display case for them.

Look forward to close up pictures of both the cabinets and how you display them all!

Oh definitely, I run into the same problem of what goes where or with what and how will this look - epic or not. I just woke up, gonna hit the shower and venture out for a key-maker who can come home fix the thing. I definitely have an issue for space because of (a) the statues/ figures of course and (b) the boxes for these statues/ figures. Boxes for PVC's are small, but AOW boxes come with Styrofoam and uber good packaging - making them huge. They occupy so much room :judo:. What do you do with your boxes? Speaking of display cabinets and making sure they don't look cluttered, I may have to get another cabinet sometime this year. I was walking to the subway from work last night and I saw some unused display cabinets at a copy paper supplier (picture below), asked if they were on sale and the lady said why not. With a bit of haggling the price dropped from the lady's quote of $70 to $40 a pop. Problem is (a) I don't think I need it right now right now (b) I'll have to get someone to pick it up and get it home for me. The one big question I asked her "Do you have keys for it!?!" haha.

IMG00053-20110211-1803.jpg

turkitage

ターク
that's super cheap for cabinets of those size. The question is if you get those would those match nicely with your current ones? Might have to paint them a single color like black. If it's that cheap and they seem to be in good condition (and cheap) I'd go ahead and bug a friend to help you pick them up. Don't have to use them right away but then you can decide if you want to use it or not. I still have an extra cabinet just in case. I assume most the statue enthusiasts here keep the boxes as oppose to throwing them away. I had thought about throwing the boxes away at the beginning but they are kinda cool looking so I decided to keep them. I've never really collected anything before other then these statues about 2 years ago. I ended up getting a few big garbage bags and tossing them in there and store them in the attic.

Speaking of which for whatever reason I can't stand when someone collects something and doesn't take it out of the box. They do it as a "true" collector I guess and it's worth more money in the box. But I feel they are missing out on the item itself. But that's just my thoughts.

I wish I had an attic :mozgus:

I can't agree with you more on the part where statues need to be out of their boxes to be enjoyed and kept on display. A friend of mine has a few PVC figures off Hokuto No Ken and Akira, they're up pinned or clipped on his wall inside their respective sealed boxes. I honestly don't get it. I can see different heads for different facial expressions for the PVC figure, but what's the point if it isn't used! I guess I sold my case to him when he finally opened the present I gave him on his birthday - one of the characters of Sandman with a cloak and everything. I hope he displays it.

Thanks for the offer! I'll keep in touch! My current cabinets too need an overhaul in the color department. I hit up 2 places today for keys - one of them said he'd charge me $80 (and I told him that was too high, he didn't budge on the price) and the other place was closed. I called 2 pals up to see if they'd ever used one or knew of one. So far that's the update on that. Yeah, I think I'll re-paint them 1 color, so they match if it ever comes to it.

The lack of space in my apartment may drive me to get rid of the PVC figure boxes (off One Piece, etc.) or last resort - put em above the small space I have on top of the cabinets in my kitchen :void:

Thanks for the motivation DirectDK! I remember seeing your cabinets on here (along with those of other posters like Maiku, Turk, Yesi, and the others) and going WOAH, someday I can meet 10% of that awesomeness and now I'm close to that goal. And you guys have helped me out with advice on a couple of things, so that's uber cool.

EDIT:

Wwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... charged me $45 per lock (there's 2 of em) + tax + $25 service fee, and he took literally 5 seconds or less to open them (DAMNIT), but ... it's open ...

Cab.jpg

This cabinet is narrower than the other one. I plan on just putting 2 shelves on this cabinet - a shelf just above Zodd-Wyald and another on the up-most tier. I'll have just 1 shelf technically for the taller statues/ figures. It's a start though! Might do a tall shelf adjustment-placement on the other cabinet too. This's take some playing around with :schierke:

turkitage

ターク
■□■ Art of War Collectors ■□■ 

ART OF WAR wants to show how statues are displayed in real life, so we create a section on our website where you can see many fantastic collections from Berserk fans around the world. This fan corner is called “Art of War Collectors”.

The first “Art of War Collector” on our English website is DirectDK.

Please check our website to see DirectDK’s collection and message.
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/english/gallary/index.php

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
In addition, the “Art of War Collector” on our Japanese website is Syou.
http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/gallary/index.php

Here is the translation of Syou’s message.

(1)When did you start to collect Berserk statues?

I has been collecting Art of War’s statue since purchasing the “Guts Berserker Exclusive 1 (Crocodile Base)”. The quality of Art of War’s products is getting better and better. In addition, I am glad that I went to the Berserk Exhibition- "Character・Art" last year and met Art of War’s staff.

(2)How do you have fun with your collections?

I like to enjoy my collections from all sides while listening to Berserk soundtrack.

(3)What kind of product do you want to see in the future?

I would love to see Guts without the Berserker armor in a 1/6 or larger scale.

(4)Any message you want to share with other Berserk fans

Honestly, I’m not satisfied with every product, but I think Art of War has made some progress. Although Art of War’s statues are not low-priced, I choose to continue my collection because I love those items. If everyone can share your ideas or suggestions with Art of War, I think we can help them make more beautiful products.

After seeing the “Skull Knight 2011 Ver.” and the “Berserk 20th Anniversary Model- Black Version”, I can feel Art of War is trying hard to do something different, such as the amazingly great paint application. Therefore, I’m looking forward to seeing Art of War’s future projects.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
We are going to introduce one Berserk fan every month on both our English and Japanese website. If you have any ideas or you are interest in participating in this fan corner, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Thank you so much for your attention.

Sincerely,
ART OF WAR

Congrats DirectDK! You're so popular. Though, I wish they would have put more pictures of your statues or even linked to your site from there.

Uber cool stuff DireckDK! To be featured on the site is sick! I wish the interview was a bit longer and yeah, more pictures are always a bonus ^_^. By the way, update us with your current progress (display wise) and you too Maiku!

Hey thanks all!!! Yes, when AOW emailed me about it, I was quite flattered. I submitted more pictures than that, but the only hard part is that I have non-AOW kits intermixed with my AOW stuff in my display cases, and they only wanted AOW stuff (makes sense, of course). I think it's a cool idea, and I expect to see many skullknighters to be featured in the months to come!!! :ubik:

DirectDK said:
Hey thanks all!!! Yes, when AOW emailed me about it, I was quite flattered. I submitted more pictures than that, but the only hard part is that I have non-AOW kits intermixed with my AOW stuff in my display cases, and they only wanted AOW stuff (makes sense, of course). I think it's a cool idea, and I expect to see many skullknighters to be featured in the months to come!!! :ubik:

Ooooooo. Of course you get asked first. Harrumph. :sad:

LOL. Congrats bro. :ubik:

turkitage

ターク
Hi everyone,

I've gotten a few more 1/6 statues thanks to the handcraft of BerserkBerserk and Apikitt. So, I wanted to show them! For the most part I'm done with buying statues. I've always wanted to get a nice small collection of them and be done. There are still a few more (like the 20th Anni.) that I really want but rather not spend the money on them at the moment. Plus, my display case is full and I'd rather not fill up another one. I had waited for a while to put my new statues in the display case until I had enough to fill the bottom. So finally, I had all the ones I wanted and remembered a friend mentioning that I should put a bunch of rocks at the bottom of the case so it'd be less boring. I liked the idea of that and had done something similar to another display and it turned out really well. I just didn't think it fit too well with Berserk statues though. But then I saw Tirade had updated his post about selling his Berserk cards. I never planned on playing it but I decided that would be a cool idea to put a bunch of berserk cards at the bottom instead of rocks! So I did!

How it looked earlier (for about a year) with only 3 statues at the bottom:
4330587585_1950ab8c6e_b.jpg

How it looks now with new statues and before the cards:
5625233647_cf7a64e19e_b.jpg

How it looks now after the cards:
5625823046_cab924036c_b.jpg

5625235401_65bc9a7393_b.jpg

5625824906_21760567fe_b.jpg

5625236227_ef2d401e8e_b.jpg

I'm very happy the way it turned out. There are about 150+ Berserk trading cards scattered there from most of the volumes. The first couple layers are just random cards from their volumes. I had picked out all my favorites and hologram ones and then tossed them on last so they'd be on top. You probably can't see the hologram ones in the pictures but they are there! And it looks cool in person. I didn't want to do the top shelf as I feel that'd be too cluttered. I was a little nervous about doing this as I typically like nice, neat, and clean things so scattering the cards on the bottom was a little different for me. But I think I like this better then not having anything at the bottom. Now that I look at it more, so I'm glad I did it! Well, hopefully you guys like it too. As I feel pretty complete and content with my statues that I have collected. So I feel this will be the final configuration of how I will display them for a long time.

Oh, and here is my bookcase with a few statues too! Guts, why are you such a stud as a bookend?

5625689805_2ce25c11b4_z.jpg
5626309874_346e3170a6_z.jpg

5626278494_31881e7710_b.jpg

And here is the overall view of it all:

5625822440_e779df415e_b.jpg

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Damn...That's a nice setup Turk! I love the cards, that was a really great idea...I might just have to steal that from you.

Agreed; great idea with the cards! :ubik:

However, the cards tend to take the focus away from the statues.
May I suggest you add a matte glass shelf (matte on one side; underneath) on top of them in order to subdue the rather cluttered impression?
If you cannot purchase such a glass shelf for your cabinet, you could add a self adhesive film like the kind you add to bathroom windows etc...

Aphasia

Joa said:
Agreed; great idea with the cards! :ubik:

May I suggest you add a matte glass shelf (matte on one side; underneath) on top of them in order to subdue the rather cluttered impression?

Lining them up might help too. It kind of like them strewn about for some reason.

turkitage

ターク
Thanks guys!

Joa said:
If you cannot purchase such a glass shelf for your cabinet, you could add a self adhesive film like the kind you add to bathroom windows etc...

Oooo that is a pretty good idea. Luckily, I have a lot of glass shelves for this case since I actually own two that I got from a friends sword business. So, you're saying put a matted glass on the bottom on top of the cards? Then you can still see the cards but they look a bit hazy? That actually does sound pretty cool. I'll google some adhesives tonight. Do you have any particular in mind? I'm not that good with this stuff.

Aphasia said:
Lining them up might help too. It kind of like them strewn about for some reason.

Yeah, I considered lining them up.. but then it would be back to the boring state which is what I was trying to escape from. I love them the way they are.

Freggin awesome!!! Bold set up with the card arrangement and I applaud you for it dude! It give the bottom shelf a life of it's own. Sexy book-end! I love the way the light in your display case give it's effect.

Has anyone ordered anything from or dealt with roxydisplay.net??

They have some neat and semi affordable looking display cases and towers (with lights):

http://roxydisplay.net/webpage/showcase/index/tower-index.html

I believe the space in between most of the tower shelves is 13 inches, so maybe not tall enough to accomodate some of the larger art of war statues..? I'm looking for something to start up my collection with so... any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Update: Shipping costs are outrageous... 280 dollar shipping from NJ to GA?? Is that normal?

Aphasia

frankencowx said:
Update: Shipping costs are outrageous... 280 dollar shipping from NJ to GA?? Is that normal?

Shipping costs for anything that heavy is going to be through the roof. For displays I would just be patient and find something you could drive to and pick up. I've heard Ikea has some reasonable prices on display units. Just make a day trip out of it and save some cash. :badbone:

I'm late on this, but Turkitage, you have one of the nicest Berserk displays I've seen! Love the lighting in that cabinet, and the cards was a very nice touch. The bottom shelves of all display cases tend be the most "boring" but you really spiced it up there with your card idea. The only thing I can't entirely approve of is Guts as a bookend! LOLOL for shame!!!

Thanks for sharing!

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
Freggin awesome!!! Bold set up with the card arrangement and I applaud you for it dude! It give the bottom shelf a life of it's own. Sexy book-end! I love the way the light in your display case give it's effect.

Thanks! Yeah, the light was a custom install on the display case from the person I got it from as it didn't originally have any lights. It lights up my whole computer room when I turn it on at night! So cool!!

DirectDK said:
I'm late on this, but Turkitage, you have one of the nicest Berserk displays I've seen! Love the lighting in that cabinet, and the cards was a very nice touch. The bottom shelves of all display cases tend be the most "boring" but you really spiced it up there with your card idea.

Thank you for the kind words Derek, I really appreciate the comments! Yeah, I love this thing. I still got the same exact display case though, so it's very tempting to get a bunch more of Berserk statues to fill it up... but I just can't do it. I might put it near my dinning room and put wine glasses in it..etc.. you know, stuff old people do.

DirectDK said:
The only thing I can't entirely approve of is Guts as a bookend! LOLOL for shame!!!

As for the bookend! So sorry! You're right though, So I decided I wouldn't be able to fit any more volumes in that one row so I started a new row behind it! Now Guts is right at home near his books. Not exactly what you had in mind, eh? :guts:

5655866873_77c0ac2ca3_b.jpg

Top Bottom