Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled hands?

Just wondering if any of you think there is a weapon that can stand against the Dragon Slayer as it is now? Obviously most swords, shields, and such of the normal human variety dont really stand a chance against it and most of the apostles weapons of choice rarely stand against it for long (Grunbeld's shield and hammer, Zodd's sword on the hill of swords) before breaking.

So I wonder if there is any object, that if in the hands of a skilled user to could stand up to the DS in a prolonged battle. I know certain weapons bypass it or overpower it in other means like Irvine's not gonna swing his bow at Guts, he's going to fire off from afar. So do you think there might be a melee weapon that could stand against Guts in the past or that their might be one in the future?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled han

Well, Locus' lance is not a normal weapon (being able to extend and shrink, transforming with him, etc), so it might prove unusually resistant. Aside from that, for now I think nothing comes close to it.

It's not impossible to me to imagine that in the future we'll see weapons of a higher caliber that would be able to stand against the DS in battle, but for now it's pretty much unrivaled.

On a side note, the Elemental Axe could have been interesting in that regard, but I guess we'll never know how good it actually was. :beast:

Re: Is there any weapon (or object) that can stand against the DS in skilled han

skullys sword is the only thing i can think of that hasnt been mentioned :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

zooty said:
skullys sword is the only thing i can think of that hasnt been mentioned :SK:

Hehe, of course yeah, though I doubt SK and Guts will ever fight against each other... Who knows though? My money's on Skully. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

HawaiianStallion said:
I'd like to see Zodd get a sword that can last against the DS just so we can have an incredible sword battle without being interupted by cracking swords.
So, the Hill of Swords battle again, only longer?

CnC

Ad Oculos

HawaiianStallion said:
I'd like to see Zodd get a sword that can last against the DS just so we can have an incredible sword battle without being interupted by cracking swords.

Hell yea! A fight with genetically enchanced super swords!
This is the fight that doesn't end! It just goes on and on, my friend!

Pretty much, I'd like to see the results of Zodd Vs Gutts without things like breaking weapons getting in the way of pure skill, not that we didnt see skill when Zodd used two swords of Guts attacked Zodd with a sword on his foot.

HawaiianStallion said:
Pretty much, I'd like to see the results of Zodd Vs Guts without things like breaking weapons getting in the way of pure skill
We will see pure skills after both of their weapons break and the duel changed its course from sword fighting to bare-handed wrestling. :zodd:

Apostle Zodd vs Guts with Berserker Armour

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

HawaiianStallion said:
Pretty much, I'd like to see the results of Zodd Vs Guts without things like breaking weapons getting in the way of pure skill
The result was apparent; Guts had the upper hand.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Aazealh said:
Hehe, of course yeah, though I doubt SK and Guts will ever fight against each other... Who knows though? My money's on Skully. :SK:

Definitely, although I think having the Sword of Resonance would give him an unfair advantage. I mean, c'mon, he can cut through space/time. :badbone: <-- too cool for words. But yeah, I agree with Walter that Guts had the upper hand and probably would've emerged the victor. Alas, it was interrupted prematurely... :judo:

Shirukei said:
We will see pure skills after both of their weapons break and the duel changed its course from sword fighting to bare-handed wrestling.  :zodd:

Apostle Zodd vs Guts with Berserker Armour

Beast vs Beast.
Guts biting off Zodd's ears would be funny to see

Aazealh said:
the Elemental Axe could have been interesting in that regard, but I guess we'll never know how good it actually was. :beast:
Mentioning about the elemental axe, Serpico's wind elemental sword might be on par with the DS in the hands of Serpico. Besides, its full potential and lethality to withstand physical damage hasn't been proven yet. Who knows if Serpico might set up a duel against Guts again? :carcus:

Triggormortis said:
Maybe we'll get to see some interesting Kushan weapons :???:??
Reminds me about Ganishka's teeth.  :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Shirukei said:
Serpico's wind elemental sword might be on par with the DS in the hands of Serpico. Besides, its full potential and lethality to withstand physical damage hasn't been proven yet.

HawaiianStallion dismissed that kind of comparison in his first post, taking Irvine's bow as an example. Besides, I think it's pretty clear that the feather sword isn't the best to withstand physical damage.

Shirukei said:
Who knows if Serpico might set up a duel against Guts again?

I doubt that. :SK:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah, Serpico and Guts appear to have settled things for now. I doubt a rematch will happen again (and if it does, only under abnormal circumstances).

CnC

Ad Oculos

Rhombaad said:
I doubt a rematch will happen again (and if it does, only under abnormal circumstances).

:serpico: Serpico Apostle!! :chomp:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

CnC said:
:serpico: Serpico Apostle!! :chomp:

SerpApostleFox.jpg

Speaking of which, I think the new episode preview is up...

SerpicoFoxAttack.jpg

Et tu, Serpico? You'll never be the next JODO now! :judo:

I guess Serpico apostle got nothing to do with this thread lol...

Anyway I am believe Hanafubuku may have some incredible item or weapon up its sleeve... I am just speculating though :guts:

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Well I'd say that no earthly weapon can damage the Dragon Slayer anymore. If a weapon were to be able to compete against it, it would have to have magical properties- like Skull Knight's Sword or Resonance for example. But I also can't imagine Guts getting a new sword due to the DS breaking, because that's what he's known for (among other things.) What I can see happening is it getting broken in half and having to weld it together with the fires of Hades-something-or-other, and it becoming more powerful overall.
Damn...I gotta stop watching Inuyasha.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Well considering how much of an icon of Guts' character the DS has become I don't see him losing it by the same means he's lost his other swords. If the DS were to break (which is unlikely, considering he was swinging it almost continuously for 2 years with only a few nicks and cracks as damage) it would probably just be repaired (finally, something for Rickert to do). But, also seeing as it has gained the ability to hurt a God Hand, I don't think it needs any further addition (magic or otherwise).

Top Bottom