Saw vs. Saw II

CnC

Ad Oculos
I remember being in the theatre for saw 1 with some friends. The projector was off so that the bottom third of the movie was cut off and we saw the top two thirds stretched to fill the screen. Anyway, when the boom mic accidentally came into frame (on several occasions) it was VERY noticeable. Not to mention the movie wasn't scary (or exciting) at all anyway.

Imagine my lack of anticipation at the announcement of a sequel...

According to the law of depreciating sequels, saw I beats out saw II. But not having seen either of them, I really can't tell you :p .

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My friend and I were bored over the weekend and he asked if I wanted to see Saw II. But I said, "I havent seen Saw. Why would I want to see Saw II if I haven't yet seen Saw? Really, I have no interest in seeing Saw. Let's just go to the playground."

Then another friend approached, advocating the sequel over the original. Flustered, I asked, "you want to see Saw, too?!"

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
"you want to see Saw, too?!"

Dadun-chiish
drummer.gif

wait... I don't get it

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Oh Walter... :guts:

I liked the sequel much better than the 1st movie. The main thing about the first movie that impressed me (were there really boom mics in the shots? Must've been edited out of the DVD...bastards...) was the twist at the end. I really enjoyed the sequel and am positive they're gonna make a third. It's a decent series that's at least worth a rental. :SK:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Rhombaad said:
The main thing about the first movie that impressed me (were there really boom mics in the shots? Must've been edited out of the DVD...bastards...) was the twist at the end.

Yea, I believe it was one of the more creepy (or at least it was supposed to be more creepy till the boom takes you right out of the movie) scenes between the two main characters in the bathroom. Actually it happens on numerous occasions with those 2 guys. If youtake the top 2/3rds of the screen and strectch them to fit the entire screen it helps to see it. As for the twist, yea I didn't expect it but that didn't make it less lame for me. Its pretty far out of left field...
I won't explain further in case anyone still feels the need to see it...

Personally id have to say the first one was better. Im a big fan of both the films... but the first one just seemed to be more indepth and just give you a background on the players. I like to know what the people did and why there there I enjoy the aspect that i have to think and listen to the details. Where as in the second film because of time and ammount of characters you really didnt get to learn anything about some of them.

And even little more about most of them. However both are still good movies if you ask me, i just find the first slightly better. Cant wait for the 3rd instalment :p

Meh its the shock and gore movie for people who dont know either. The same is said for the sequel. Dont get me wrong, I dont like it only because of those reason but just because both of the movies had some pretty atrocious acting, among some other major problems.

The only issue i had along with the mics...was the acting of the doctor in part 1. I wanted to punch the screen he was annoying me soooo bad. SO, yes Saw 2 is better...but not that much...too many characters to really give a shit about any of them, but i will say i was way more interested in part 2 than part 1.

Proj gives: Saw 1 = 4/10
Saw 2 = 7/10

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
I think the sequal took the idea out of the psychological realm and into the splatterfest realm. Add to this everyones favorite new kid donny wahlberg....

Top Bottom