berserk manga in america?

Shinobi

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
??? ???think theres any chance in the manga coming to america and being printed in english? ??? ???

Lliugusamui

around the corner
in france, berserk had to come out last month
the site of Dynamic Visions doesn't say a thing about berserk anymore ... wth ?
it's just a glimpse of what could occur in USA

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
The first Berserk DVD seems to be doing quite well in the USA. If the rumors of Media Blasters funding a 2nd season its definitely a possibility that the manga will be localized for a North American release.

I remember reading that it was already licensed by a somebody to come out in the U.S., but that was a year ago.

wouldnt it suck if berserk were to come out here... in EDITED FORMAT?? yeah i knwo its a moribd thought and i almost killed myself when it popped into my mind... but they do odd things to manga around here..

wouldnt it suck if berserk were to come out here... in EDITED FORMAT??  yeah i knwo its a moribd thought and i almost killed myself when it popped into my mind... but they do odd things to manga around here..

that actually crossed my mind many a time. it also occured to me that perhaps Hakusensha thought of that too and refused to sell the license...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I heard a while back that it had been licensed. Whatever company has it is just sitting on the rights. I'm too lazy to order manga off the internet and find translations, so I hope the recent interest convinces them to release it.

Nosferatu-Zodd

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
ya but if it does come out in america it will cost $15 a pop im sure just like any other english manga, you can get the jap ones from animaxis for $4.69 a piece so its really the better way to go to get the jap manga id say :'(

HalfDonkeyHalfMan

Sacred cows always taste the best
You're probably right Nosferatu, but I don't know about you, but I'm just to lazy to look at the manga, then look at translation, it seems it would get annoying after awhile, though I'm sure it's worth it and highly respect thoughs with enough patience to translate it for everyone. Also, like PhantomAce, it might come out edited, and if that is the case, I will be buying the Japanese ones.

Hi,

From what I heard - that rumour is an old one - Viz were after the rights to the Berserk manga to co-incide with the release of the D&D Movie and The Lord of the Rings movie - they wanted a fantasy title to take advantage of the anticipated 'fantasy boom', and Berserk is THE fantasy title.

At any rate, they were apparently unable to acquire the license. Don't ask me why, but apparently it's not an uncommon experience.

I should point out, this is all unsubstantiated rumour, so...

Namirrha

Top Bottom