Episode 265

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
Hey Dark Wanderer, well welcome back then. :void:

Arigatou!

Yeah, they're obviously superior to the average human fighters, but they can't do much against such overpowering opponents. I guess their time to shine hasn't really come yet.

I guess it's their time to shine now then... however short it may be Xp.

Hehe, indeed not. :puck:

Maa, sasuga, ne? ^_-

Oh yeah, and before anybody asks, next episode will come out on December 22.

THAT long!? Oh well, not much that can be done about it then... But I'll expect it to be a GREAT episode then!! :troll:

Aazealh said:
Oh yeah, and before anybody asks, next episode will come out on December 22.
Another month wait, but it's going to be worth it ala a Xmas present. But with a date of December 22, that'll be a Thursday by my calender; Young Animal releasing their issue a day early to commemorate the holidays?  :???:

Badass daka slaughter; even Farnese got in on the action with her familiars. :serpico: I hope she helps the rest again against the tiger-mounted daka heading their way. Guess the Kushans are finally dealing with Guts' party that keeps fucking up their familiar/daka forces' efforts. Looks like they're not going to take any chances with them getting away; unleashing a makara and a calvary of daka riding on tiger familiars on just them. I'm anticipating how Guts will handle himself against a makara again when they're all backed up against the wall once more.

Thanks again for the early episode Aazealh. :SK:

dwarfkicker said:
No doubt Guts will draw his sword and take out a group of enemies on thelast page, leaving us foaming at the mouth for two weeks until we get to see him start the slaughter.

Open mouth insert foot. Awesome chapter.

Guts versus the giant...fish...thing again. I don't think Guts will be relying on his darker half for this fight.

Instead of having our jaws dropped by a tease like I suggested in my quote, our jaws are dropped with how awesome this is only to have to wait till the end of next month. Miura can be so cruel.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
December 22, that'll be a Thursday by my calender; Young Animal releasing their issue a day early to commemorate the holidays?

The 23 must be a day off so they're releasing a day before. They always do that when it can't come out on friday.

Jhot obs said:
I hope she helps the rest again against the tiger-mounted daka heading their way.

Yeah, I think she will. :serpico:

Jhot obs said:
Guess the Kushans are finally dealing with Guts' party that keeps fucking up their familiar/daka forces' efforts. Looks like they're not going to take any chances with them getting away

I'm not sure the Kushans are deliberately and specifically attacking Guts' band (I mean planning in advance to kill them), it's just that our heroes are crossing the battlefield and headed in their direction (port and surroundings). Since they intruded the Kushan controlled zone, they're dealt with. No doubt that they're getting themselves noticed though (for good this time I think), that ambush could very well be in reaction to their earlier interference with the Daka.

Jhot obs said:
I'm anticipating how Guts will handle himself against a makara again when they're all backed up against the wall once more.

Yeah, that should prove to be very interesting. I think he'll be up to the task this time though. :zodd:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea, I'm pretty sure that Guts won't need the full extent of the armor this time. Not to say it might test him a little. What better way to show he's healed/grown. But who knows...

Anyways, we won't find out until around Christmas, it seems. Prepare yourselves for a long wait :troll:

Considering a makara just came from the direction our heroes where heading, I've very little faith that the ships in that direction are still intact.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, that should prove to be very interesting. I think he'll be up to the task this time though. :zodd:
CnC said:
Yea, I'm pretty sure that Guts won't need the full extent of the armor this time. Not to say it might test him a little. What better way to show he's healed/grown. But who knows...
I agree that Guts won't (or at least try not to) let himself be influenced by the armor like last time. IIRC, the triggering for the armor to go berserk was Guts seeing the first makara notice his companions and knowing they'd be killed if he didn't entrust himself to the armor's od and go berserk on it. But this time, Guts should be aware of how competent his group's ability to withstand the supernatural is.

CnC said:
Considering a malaria just came from the direction our heroes where heading, I've very little faith that the ships in that direction are still intact.
Good point; Roderick said his warship should have been away from the port, so it could have been safe from attack, but now it doesn't look like that's the case.

I'll wait for episode 265's translation to comment further.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
IIRC, the triggering for the armor to go berserk was Guts seeing the first makara notice his companions and knowing they'd be killed if he didn't entrust himself to the armor's od and go berserk on it.

Well, he was resisting the urge to let the Beast take control all along (clenched teeth, etc), that's how the Makara could knock him down: because he had stopped moving and just stood there idly. Then, when he saw that his companions were in danger, he stopped fighting back and entrusted himself to the armor.

Anyway, like Dark Wanderer I find interesting the fact that the Daka are controlled by Kushan casters, I really would like to have Schierke's point of view on them. They're sort of like familiars but different in essence (and skills?), and probably exclusive to Ganishka... Interesting monsters. :beast:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sweet! I come home from work to discover my new BERSERK episode a day early! Thanks for making my day/week, Aaz! :guts:

Alas...have to wait until my sister's birthday to get my next BERSERK fix. Really cool seeing the Daka and Pishacha working together and I was kind of hoping the Makara wouldn't be a one-time deal. Wonder if Guts may end up having to fight more than one at the same time eventually... As in control as he is, he still has the wound Slann gave him, so there is always the chance the Beast might surface. :chomp:

Simply AMAZING...

OMG... OMG... Its hot.. Miura is not deylaying the fight... Straight into ACTION :miura:

Wait... Is the caster or Dabai coming out soon?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, the makara fight could be shorter if they find the caster(s) responsible for its control. I doubt they're far out to sea like last time.
However, considering shierke and the rest could be too busy with the daka riders, I suppose it could be to the finish.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Great stuff! Thanks Aaz! :guts: I just wanted to point out that Roderick's facial expressions are just priceless! That and how the soldiers are just in a silent awe as Guts and Co. just mopped up the entire section of Daka! :carcus:

Thanks for the eps., Aaz. I wasn't expecting it yet, so it was a great surprise. The next eps. should be awesome, but Dec. 22 is a ways off.

I agree. It might be challenging, but I don't think it'll go quite that far.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I just wanted to point out that Roderick's facial expressions are just priceless! That and how the soldiers are just in a silent awe as Guts and Co. just mopped up the entire section of Dakara!  :carcus:

Haha, I love the "......." as Guts and co. walk off into the flames. Priceless. :serpico:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Well, great minds think alike, though apparently yours is five hours faster.

Edit: Puck's charge was like the cutest thing ever.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
This episode took me by surprise from top to bottom. First, that it was up today, the Daka (really tragic creatures btw) riding tigers, and Makara round 2. Oh, and the big ass break at the end I didn't notice until later. SUPRISE! :guts:

The awesomeness of this episode has rendered me immobile :troll:
Thanks Aazealh :isidro:
its been awhile since we had a massacre....let alone a pisacha massacre
cant wait for December 22 :chomp:

Loved every page of this episode. Guts being so cool with his bad-ass-ness, then Serpico and Isidro joining in, and everyone being generally gob-smacked at their collective awesome-ness. I also love it how Guts has such a trust in everyone now - leaving the Daka to Isidro and Serp, and trusting that Schierke will have everything covered if any trouble is to arise.

*sigh* December 22 never seemed so far away... :judo:

Thanks Aaz.

And now we must wait a month to see the fight Guts vs. Makara...

Is there a reason for all of these long breaks?

Top Bottom