Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Attack Form

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Birth Feast

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
R

-rob-

Thread title explains itself.... Post your favorite version too if you can please.

As for me, it's a tie between Normal Attack Form and Bloody Magun

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
Sure, I like the fluidity of the Attack Form.  However, my true love lies with the Lost Children statue.  It was one of the first Berserk statues I ever set my eyes on years ago.  

I really like the Magun, cause I feel it captures both the "intensity" and the "calm before the storm" of guts very well with it's pose and details.

Now if I could only get my hands on one :(.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Let me see here. I only own one black swordsman statue (Magun normal) so its hard to decide. From looking at pictures I'd have to say that the attack form is the nicest followed by the bloody Magun. My tastes on blackswordsman statues have changed and I no longer hold the Lost Children statue in such high regard.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Hey this is actually kinda ironic i guess... I was sitting down watching tv wednesday night and during a commercial, my eyes were just kinda drawn to my attack form. I dunno I kinda re-discovered it again and realized how much I really really like it, a wonderful piece indeed.

CnC

Ad Oculos
SMZKAH said:
Hey this is actually kinda ironic i guess... I was sitting down watching tv wednesday night and during a commercial, my eyes were just kinda drawn to my attack form. I dunno I kinda re-discovered it again and realized how much I really really like it, a wonderful piece indeed.

And you know what they say, if you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its meant to be.

By the way, I'd like to announce I'm accepting statue donations :troll:

N

Ng51386

CnC said:
By the way, I'd like to announce I'm accepting statue donations  :troll:

Hey what'd you know? I'm accepting statue donations too... I'd be more than happy to take the Guts on Horse statue off someone's hands. I mean it's so heavy that it could break something in your house, I would be more than willing to take that risk for someone! :carcus:

Definitely the bloody magun !
It represents, according to my own point of view, the greatest work on Guts' face. I like also very much how his bruises and scars are made, I love the raining effect, the diluted blood and mud effects, the detailed armor, and the standing !
Like Stiler rightly said : the "calm before the storm" impression is very powerful. This statue has sort kind of "aura" and each glance to it always gives me the same strong impression. RESPECT for Art of War for his work on this wonderful statue.

I voted for the Birth Feast one. I love them all, but the Birth Feast one is still my favorite. Maybe it's also because it was the first Berserk statue I ever bought, so it holds some sentimental value.

N

Ng51386

It's more of a battle between Lost Children and Birth Feast for me. Both are similiar, except that in Lost Children he's stepping atop a heap of bloody mass, whereas in the Birth Feast figure he's just simply standing there, true it's a great and simplistic pose, but sometimes you need more than that.

I think the poses that AOW has chosen so far for the Black Swordsman statues are all pretty good. I dont really have any complaints with any of them.

for me:

.1st Magun ("bloody" limited ed , like Stiler said "the calm before the storm" + cool raining and blood effects),

.2nd birth feast (simply but effective. A really flawless work on guts face)  ,

.3rd attack form (the posture is terrific but Guts looks too calm for a such Strike, for me an enrage face would have been better)

.4th lost children (i don't like so much the posture )

conan

Until next time...
Birth feast no doubt...

There is NOTHING more appealing to me than the "lone warrior" image. Guts, in the Birth Feast statue, epitomizes the "lone warrior." The battle tired, rugged, yet still ready to kick your f'ckin' ass look is no where better depicted IMO than in that statue. One of the few figures/statues that I have NEVER - in my years of collecting - put away once I bought it and put it on my shelf.

With only two small shelves to fill, I don't have a lot of room. But a chunk of it is permanantly designated to the Guts Birth Feast Statue... :D :D

JCH

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
conan said:
With only two small shelves to fill, I don't have a lot of room.  But a chunk of it is permanantly designated to the Guts Birth Feast Statue... :D :D

JCH

I hope you have Grave on the shelf! I am really starting to miss him!
I have Zodd on my shelf! :zodd:
Right next to my awesome Magun statue i got from my pal Kubricka!

Top Bottom