Anyone else collect action figures?

conan

Until next time...
Just wondering as I've been collecting now for over 10 years and my favorite figure, by far, is the Art of War/ Toycom/ Yamato USA Guts: Black Swordman figure.

I can't believe how cool this figure is and I've got about five of them floating around my house - two in the bedroom, two in the living room, and one in the bathroom (to play with on the pot :D).

I customize most of them to either have a "bloody" paint application or have "battle damage" on the armor...

Anyone else collect toys or action figures more than just Berserk?

I do. I mean I used to work for a company that made action figures so it goes without saying.

Next line I plan on collecting other than Berserk is the Max Factory Guyver figs.

i mainly collect kubricks,
a little bit of bearbrick and designer toys(such as kaws stussy unkle devil robots bape m.lau etc..)
also interest in eva's coldcast, gundam fixs, maetels, pirate harlock's spaceships.

EDIT:
the next thing i wanna start:
all the 1/6s from medicom RAH/PAC, hot toys, BBI, Dragon
They are the coolest action figures right now but need a big place to display them properly, unless I move or find a bigger place, this wont happen any sooner.... ><

Maiku said:
I do.  I mean I used to work for a company that made action figures so it goes without saying.

Next line I plan on collecting other than Berserk is the Max Factory Guyver figs.

Killer, I was going to get those back in like May when they released the new Guyver 1 2 and 3. But I decided to save and get my first Berserk statue instead =)

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Wow, I used to be an avid figure collector but I got rid of most of them (even Malebolgia!) The only figs I have left are Freddy, (bloody) Ash, Vampire Hunter D, Vash (Mcfarlane) Tyrant, Seras Victoria (ex repaint dvd ex), and Guts (branded box bloody). I also have a huge collection of Star Wars figs, some fullmetal alchemist mini figs, some berserk minis, and a couple of pucks lying around.

I do :).

I've got a ton of mcfarlane figures, neca, etc.

A gungrave :)
Star wars unleashed (boba fett, darth maul, still need a vader though :( ).
and many others.

I have three berserk figures, Guts (hawk soldiers, green cape), Casca, and griffith.

Still don't have a black swordsman, want to get a mil. falcon 2nd edition mad face version though.

I really want to get a Max factor Guyver 1 figure aswell.

R

-rob-

I got some Terminator Action Figures... The Movie Maniacs Endoskeleton is soooooooo nice!! AVP Figures are cool too...

EDIT: That Mcfarlene Spawn Figure where Spawn is holding his cape over his chest is my favorite figure tho... when I heard there was gonna be a 12 Inch I was in shock... Then found out they're gonna replace the original base to some cheap flat layer I sort of lost interest.

Yea, I GREATLY prefer when they include an actual base that's fitting with tihe character/scene.

I'm not a fan of just chucking in a black disc to sit them on....or a crappy mud base either :p .

I absolutely love anime action figures and I've been collecting them for years now. Here's a link to some pics for those of you who are interested.

http://www.freewebs.com/animegoddess46/myroom.htm

R

-rob-

AnimeGoddess said:
I absolutely love anime action figures and I've been collecting them for years now. Here's a link to some pics for those of you who are interested.

:isidro: :isidro: :isidro: :isidro: :isidro:

WOW!!

AnimeGoddess said:

Very nice collection, you keep all those around your computer like that or just do it for the pic?

BTW, what's that figure in the 2nd picture top row? The guy futherest to the left (beside Gogo from kill bill)

AnimeGoddess said:

this is krazy, ur room is full of .......
and i like ur custom cpu case, super kool~~~

CnC

Ad Oculos
As I'm sure I've said before, thats quite a large collection you've accumulated there... :serpico:

If I might suggest displaying the katanas with the blade edge facing up, since thats the "proper" way to have them.

Stiler said:
Very nice collection, you keep all those around your computer like that or just do it for the pic?

BTW, what's that figure in the 2nd picture top row? The guy futherest to the left (beside Gogo from kill bill)

Those figures are kept around my computer :guts: The figure to the farthest left of Gogo happens to be Dark Schneider from the anime/manga Bastard.

CnC said:
As I'm sure I've said before, thats quite a large collection you've accumulated there... :serpico:

If I might suggest displaying the katanas with the blade edge facing up, since thats the "proper" way to have them.

But then the Hattori Hanzo symbol on the blade would be facing the opposite way and you wouldn't be able to see it :puck: Thanks for the tip though I was actually unaware that katanas were supposed to be displayed that way, I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

By the way Kubricka, recognize any of those Berserk statues I have in a few of the pics? I was the one who bought the Griffith and Skullknight statues from you off eBay. Keep me informed if you plan on selling any more statues. :zodd:

AnimeGoddess said:
But then the Hattori Hanzo symbol on the blade would be facing the opposite way and you wouldn't be able to see it :puck: Thanks for the tip though I was actually unaware that katanas were supposed to be displayed that way, I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

You could always put the hilt to the left instead of the right, then when the edge is facing upward the symbol would still show aswell.

AnimeGoddess said:
By the way Kubricka, recognize any of those Berserk statues I have in a few of the pics? I was the one who bought the Griffith and Skullknight statues from you off eBay. Keep me informed if you plan on selling any more statues.  :zodd:

hey  :guts:
we just talked this afternoon in the email, didnt know its u, what a small world lol
anyway, glad we made another transaction today.

P.S. i sent you another email bout some extra stuffs im selling right now

CnC

Ad Oculos
AnimeGoddess said:

Well, traditionally (according to my teacher) when the handle's on the right side its a sign of aggression (it can be picked up any time and used). However, whenever its on the left side its a sign of being at peace (well, relative peace, by japanese standards).
If you wanted the little symbol to be visible you'd have to have the sword be at peace (left). But I suppose since its partially unsheathed thats not gonna happen...
And of course, since this is a collectors item and not for killing people, I suppose you can display it however you want. :guts:

AnimeGoddess said:

Very nice collection. Once I move I'll get around to posting pics of mine. Curently the majority of things are in boxes. :judo:

Speaking buying statues on ebay peeps should check out my auctions linked a few threads down. :badbone:

Impressive !!!
But how can you live among all those figures and games ?!!! Can you breath without making fall some stuff ?

You have an outstanding collection, congratulation but I would say, in my only point of view, that the displaying is... just "too much" Some great statues or pvc figures are unfortunately hidden by an amount of less beautiful ones.

Wow thats quite a collection, drool on that god hand LE set you got there. You have any info on that FFVII Diorama with Cloud and Sephiroth?

grendelrt said:
Wow thats quite a collection, drool on that god hand LE set you got there. You have any info on that FFVII Diorama with Cloud and Sephiroth?

If you're talking about this, http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4051/img16456tb.jpg I bought it from www.ffmerchandise.com Here's a direct link to the statue which includes info http://www.ffmerchandise.com/CloudVsSeph.htm

Btw Stiler and CnC, I think i'll take your advice and flip the swords around :guts:

AnimeGoddess said:
If you're talking about this, http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4051/img16456tb.jpg I bought it from www.ffmerchandise.com Here's a direct link to the statue which includes info http://www.ffmerchandise.com/CloudVsSeph.htm

Btw Stiler and CnC, I think i'll take your advice and flip the swords around  :guts:

Wow that thing is awesome! I cant spend 600 on it though....thats an armored berserk or Zodd II or a ......... :serpico:

Top Bottom