Naruto filler arcs

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
I tried to watch the fillers. Almost got killed(in a mental way) Don`t watch after episode 135, because that`s where filler hell starts.

Haha, now to make this thread more useful, how about you give plot summaries of the filler episodes? :void:

Spoilers:

There have been 3 since the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight around epi 135. All of them have been dead end leads for finding Sasuke. I at first didnt realize that the first 2 were filler and was actually getting excited about finding Sasuke again. Then the let down, TWICE!!! Then when the curry of life shit popped up I realized that I was in the middle of a full blown filler arc fuck fest!!! Still, better than nothing. Plus, now I know not to gt my hopes up for 25 weeks... 25 frickin weeks!!!

:chomp:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Psymont 2.0 said:
Spoilers:

There have been 3 since the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight around epi 135. All of them have been dead end leads for finding Sasuke. I at first didnt realize that the first 2 were filler and was actually getting excited about finding Sasuke again. Then the let down, TWICE!!! Then when the curry of life shit popped up I realized that I was in the middle of a full blown filler arc fuck fest!!! Still, better than nothing. Plus, now I know not to gt my hopes up for 25 weeks... 25 frickin weeks!!!

:chomp:

You'll live. :beast:

N

Ng51386

Since the filler arcs are between the three years of training and Sasuke missing, why wont the writers just do some training fillers? That way you see a few new techniques and stuff, but it's still filler since it would never of been on the manga, but it's still somewhat relevant to the plotline of the manga.

SPOILER - If you dont want to read the spoilers go to the end of the post and read up!!!

For those of you who have read the manga, you know that there are a lot of new techniques being used, and Kakashi's new eye. So why doesnt the creators do those as fillers, or even the Chuunin promotions for the ones that went from Genin to Chuunin or even for Neji how he became a Junin? They can do a lot better fillers, so why dont they?

End SPOILER

They have a three year gap of training and storyline, but they just dont use it, that's just craptastic of them to do that. They could just do a ton of episodes where they actually learn new techniques and development of rank, but for some reason they decided to go on these assanine fillers. Just makes no sense. Not only that, but the writers wouldnt have to write in new characters for every filler, then later on in the series itself, it bites them in the buttox because it contradicts them!

It's one thing to do fillers, but make them better, especially if you're going to do it for an entire season.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
They have a three year gap of training and storyline, but they just dont use it, that's just craptastic of them to do that. They could just do a ton of episodes where they actually learn new techniques and development of rank

Problem is that Kishimoto might always show some flashbacks of what happened during these 3 years later on, and that could contradict what they showed (he doesn't participate much in the anime). Some random training and secondary characters storylines could have been more interesting though, that's for sure (Shikamaru, Chouji, Neji...). But then again, I doubt they'd be able to know what will be in the manga in two weeks, just like I doubt they could know what new techniques the character will/would use.

There's always the risk of a major contradiction if they fill the time gap by themselves (besides they'd probably need the authorisation), so inventing new characters, new places, and making a special storyline with them is preferable for the studio. Since it seems to suck so bad though, I guess they seriously lack either creativity or freedom (or both?).

PS: I enhanced your spoiler prevention. :SK:

N

Ng51386

I would hope the creators would have a general idea of where they're going with this storyline. Most if not all authors have an idea where they want to go, but they dont know how they want to get there. The manga itself isnt really that deep, I'd say after the fillers are done it's about .... five to ten max episodes deep, that's almost half a season right there if you go to the max, and 1/4 of a season if you go to the five. There's also nothing wrong with them doing a double flash back, in fact they've done it plenty of times where they've aired it, and do a flash back of something they've aired, even better yet, it'd save them some time on making new sketches for the anime and they could just reuse what they already have :troll:

I know Japan animes dont like going on a series break like they do in America, but to do an entire season of filler, then not give good quality fillers, that's .... horrible. And to make matters worse, they know that everyone who was a former Naruto fan, well most, will come flocking back to them once the fillers are done. They're just simply mistreating the viewers of the show, because they know that they can. They're making the most profit while putting in the least effort, I suppose that's the way business related things are..... :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
I would hope the creators would have a general idea of where they're going with this storyline.

It doesn't always look like Kishimoto knows what he's doing to be honest. And the studio working on the anime doesn't seem to have more information than anybody else, like I said they don't work closely with the mangaka (from an interview with the director).

Ng51386 said:
There's also nothing wrong with them doing a double flash back, in fact they've done it plenty of times where they've aired it

It's not the problem of doing a double flashback, it's just that the people working on the anime don't know about yet to be invented techniques, nor what happened during these 3 years, and I wouldn't bet on the mangaka having planned all of it either. So if they do fillers on that (which wouldn't be fillers anymore), it kills the surprise effect from when you discover it in the "normal" arc of the series, and if there's a flashback later in the manga showing different things happening, they're fucked. It's just not possible without Kishimoto allowing it and giving them all the needed information...

Ng51386 said:
They're just simply mistreating the viewers of the show, because they know that they can. They're making the most profit while putting in the least effort, I suppose that's the way business related things are...

Well, you're not paying for it.

N

Ng51386

Maybe they should be working together better so that they can produce a better filler than doing this kind of filler. A lot of people just arent liking these episodes at all, because there is no point to them. At least give a point to some of them, or show better battles.

Something to make us ooo and ahhhh

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
Maybe they should be working together better so that they can produce a better filler than doing this kind of filler.

That would be ideal of course. The mangaka probably doesn't have the time or just doesn't want to.

N

Ng51386

Majin Tenshi said:
From Berserk episode 1

The anime and manga were purposely, not accidently, pureposely different. There is "a lot" missing from the anime that's in the manga.

Naruto only has the minor parts missing in the anime, nothing major like Skull Knight missing or a few apostles missing from the beginning.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Ng51386 said:
The anime and manga were purposely, not accidental, purposely different. There is "a lot" missing from the anime that's in the manga.

Naruto only has the minor parts missing in the anime, nothing major like Skull Knight missing or a few apostles missing from the beginning.
No, its an admitted mistake by the anime people.  Other changes were intentional for time and cohesion reasons. 

As for Naruto, I think everything in the manga is in the anime, if somewhat out of order.  But if the anime people start making substantial stuff up, they end up contradicting the manga which makes their lives difficult.  In particular, I think the manga-ka wants the things that happened over those 3 years to be a suprise. 

Your traditional anime/manga humor. I'm sorry but it just gets so old so quickly to me. Its more of a rarity in Berserk, and somewhat necessary at times, so I do not entirely mind it. When I first began reading Berserk I had wished that characters like Puck did not exist. I have since come to enjoy their presence in the series. The paramount moment was the "companions, huh?" pages. At that point I was just like "awwww I friggin wub you guys" like I was a rambling drunk :isidro: :puck: :schierke:

Basically, things like Naruto make it hard for me to share something like Berserk with friends of mine who absolutely despise the vast majority of Japanese popular culture(I reallllly do not blame them). Have to first show them that it is something different, something special. I feel that it is unparalleled in both American and Japanese comics. I try my hardest to make that point to anyone I speak of it with.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Majin Tenshi said:
Ah, the wonder of new people reviving dead topics.

I like the whole "naruto makes anime look bad" idea, though... guess I won't haze the new guy for it this time...

Well what can I say, I wanted to start posting, and I just thought I'd do it somewhere where I had a real opinion. It would probably be considerably more annoying if I just started sticking my nose into every single new topic to get my post number up. I can't say I looked at the date though... So mild apologies for reviving a fairly dated thread :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DOOMXEEN said:
It would probably be considerably more annoying if I just started sticking my nose into every single new topic to get my post number up.

Exact. At least it would annoy me, and since that's what counts, you made a good choice (the topic is about the filler arc in the TV series and not the series in itself or anime in general though).

Welcome to the board DOOMXEEN! :SK:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DOOMXEEN said:
Well what can I say, I wanted to start posting, and I just thought I'd do it somewhere where I had a real opinion.  It would probably be considerably more annoying if I just started sticking my nose into every single new topic to get my post number up.  I can't say I looked at the date though...  So mild apologies for reviving a fairly dated thread  :judo:
I generally hit "Mark all topics read" when joining a new board and lurk until there are new posts before posting.  I'm also known for hazing new members  :chomp:  But this topic isn't really all that old
Trying to get your post count up through Shootin' the Breeze would be impossible since posts here don't count. 

Top Bottom