Superman: the movie teaser

CnC

Ad Oculos
http://www.bluetights.net/

The teaser for the new superman movie (Bryan Singer's latest) is up.
The dialogue is from the first movie as is the music (still one of William's best) but the scenes look good and it looks to be well shot, as expected.

I'm excited.

N

Ng51386

It's going to be interesting to see what they do for this. They have a character which "will" sell, Superman is one of the biggest, if not the biggest super heroes out there.

Is there a plot or anything to this yet? Like do they know if they're going to use Lex already or will they be doing something different, more like an introduction to him?

And I really hope they stay more true to the story of Superman than they did for all the other comic turned movies...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, I had heard that it had something to do with superman returning from time away from earth, but the recent trailor seems to make that somewhat unlikely.

Try this: http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/story.html

N

Ng51386

So all the prior Superman moves will intertwine with this one? :???:

That'd be a bad move seeing as how not only is there a VERY large span between the movies, but there's going to be an entire generation left absolutely clueless because they didnt see the prior Superman movies.

From the trailer it appeared that it was going to be an intro like how the most recent Batman movie was. The creation of the super hero that they are. Or was all that trailer just flash backs? :isidro:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

This doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Specally since i copyed the stuff below. :chomp:

From the trailer it appeared that it was going to be an intro like how the most recent Batman movie was. The creation of the super hero that they are. Or was all that trailer just flash backs?

I'm going with flash backs.

This movie looks really damn good. Can't wait to see it! Yay for June 2006!

From ComingSoon.net

Warner Bros. Pictures has provided ComingSoon.net with the new teaser trailer for director Bryan Singer's Superman Returns which you can view in numerous formats here!

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

The epic action-adventure, starring Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth, James Marsden, Frank Langella, Eva Marie Saint, Parker Posey, Sam Huntington, Kal Penn and Kevin Spacey, flies into conventional theaters and IMAX theaters on June 30, 2006.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
SWEET! Can't wait to see this one. This should be a sweet Spring/Early summer with X-men 3 coming out in March and now this.

N

Ng51386

And isnt Spider Man three coming out soon too with it? Then let's not forget Wonder Woman!! (Joke about her)

I like the sillouhetted curl of hair in the teaser. The teaser made it look like smallville with some more stuff strapped on. I have faith though, It should be pretty good.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SMZKAH said:
This should be a sweet Spring/Early summer with X-men 3 coming out in March and now this.

Is Bryan Singer also directing the 3rd X-Men movie? I hope so, since he did a great job on the first two, IMHO.

Ng51386 said:
And isnt Spider Man three coming out soon too with it? Then let's not forget Wonder Woman!! (Joke about her)

Nope, Spider-Man 3 comes out May '07. :judo:

No Singer isnt directing X3, and from what I heard, the movie is going in horrible directions such as killing off Cyclops, Magneto, Prof. X and just doing X2's storyline again, about a human who tries to destroy all mutants, but this time uses a virus. No sentinel's, no new and interesting villians like Apocalypse, and so forth, and so on and so on.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
HawaiianStallion said:
No Singer isnt directing X3, and from what I heard, the movie is going in horrible directions such as killing off Cyclops, Magneto, Prof. X and just doing X2's storyline again, about a human who tries to destroy all mutants, but this time uses a virus. No sentinel's, no new and interesting villians like Apocalypse, and so forth, and so on and so on.

God that sucks. I was really hoping they could do three good movies in a row. Damnit. And repeating the same story as in X2? Are they out of ideas or do they just not care? X2 was very good and the plot line was pretty solid, IMO, but it wasn't solid enough to do two in a row. And killing off anyone but Cyclops is ridiculous, especially if it's either or both Magneto and Professor X. I'm not that excited for this one now. :puck:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Yea, x3's probably gonna suck. But at least it had a good run up to this point.
And its also good that Superman looks to benefit by Singers involvement.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yup, might as well look on the bright side. The Batman series will probably continue to be amazing, Superman Returns looks good from what we've seen (and, as you mentioned, Singer is behind it so it should be good) and Spider-Man 3 has the same people that brought us the first two (the 2nd of which is better I think) so it's not all bad. It sucks what they're doing to X3, 'cause if they kill of characters that pretty much ruins the chance of a 4th movie coming out to redeem the series from the mess that X3 looks to make.

N

Ng51386

Do we know how the villians are for all these sequels yet? Confirmed and rumored villians.

In Spiderman II they mentioned the astronaut, but it's a long stretch I know.... I do want Venom and Hobgoblin!! :badbone:

Batman ... Continues? Will the Joker be in this one?

X-3 I think is the phoenix stuff, right?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ng51386 said:
Do we know how the villians are for all these sequels yet? Confirmed and rumored villians.
In Spiderman II they mentioned the astronaut, but it's a long stretch I know.... I do want Venom and Hobgoblin!! :badbone:

Well, Sandman has been confirmed for 3... but I'd imagine there are other villians that could mentioned if not used. Lizardman was introduced as well in 2

So, what does everyone think of Kevin Spacey as Luthor?

Lex Luthor is the villian of Superman

Sandman and another uncomfirmed villian are the baddies of Spiderman 3 (so far its speculated its either Electro or Venom)

and the baddy of batman is either the Joker, Two face, or who know's.

Topher grace is playing Venom in spider man 3.

Apparently Sam rami is making venom "Ultimate" venom, which imo is a bad movie. (Sam has even said he didn't like venom...)

Original Venom > "ultimate" venom.

Topher just doesn't look like Eddie Brock to me :(, even though people are saying he's bulking up.

Anyways, on the subject of superman Returns. Well, I "enjoyed" the x-men movies but I think they could have did a lot better with them then what they did with the last two. Needs more Gambit/Archangel/Iceman/Colussus.

So i'm watching superman with a bit of a "not expecting much" attitude.

I think about the next best comic book>movie is going to be the next batman or the new Sin City.

N

Ng51386

If the next batman movie doesnt have Joker, that's is simply insane. Think about it, the arch nemisis of Batman is Joker. Those two created one another, and it's just gotta be him, if it's someone else, it's just going to go so far away from the real story of batman.

As for Spiderman, well Venom would make sense because Maryjane wa about to get married to him, and well she isnt anymore, but let's not forget, there are going to be like 7 total spidermans by the end of it.

For Superman, Lex Luthor as a villian is a good choice. Makes good sense too.

Top Bottom