X360 - w00t I won! I got it!!

similar things happened when psp was launched. i doubt those are real bidders, most likely shill bidders or fds or whatever, just my 2 cents tho :troll:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I think my strategy will be to wait about a month and cash in on a normal xbox for about 100 bucks. 360 can kiss my ass. It has what? 5 launch titles? One of which I can play on the PS2? for christ sakes, the thing doesn't even look good, and the controller is a PS2 controller with the joy stick and D pad switched (not saying the original playstation design wasn't just a rip off of the SNES controller). Have fun with the next generation's preconcieved child is all I have to say.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
hmmm, i check out the xbox trailers for kameo and madden... i just dont see the big deal...

But did you check them in... HD-TV?? :isidro:

CnC said:
Perfect Dark Zero is getting good reviews.

Good, I think I'll go play Perfect Dark on N64 then, it got better reviews back then. Then I'll play Dead or Alive on PSX. :void:

CnC said:
I was a fan of XBOX Next. that was catchy, baby...

Steve Jobs would have sued. :troll:

Ng51386 said:
This is becoming insane... People paying so damn much for something that is going to go down like 100 in price in 6-12 months...

Yeah, people could always wait a month and buy it for $100 with 3 games on Yahoo! Japan auctions.

Anyway, it looks like Sony's usual technique of "there aren't enough for all customers!!" is still working fine. Ahh, the joys of marketing.

N

Ng51386

Aazealh said:
Anyway, it looks like Sony's usual technique of "there aren't enough for all customers!!" is still working fine. Ahh, the joys of marketing.

Do you mean microsoft? :p

N

Ng51386

Aazealh said:
No, I mean Sony. Like what they did with the PS2 and PSP. Why?

They were only short of the PSP for a few weeks, but after that they rarely ever ran out. In fact the first day I was there, there were plenty of PSPs to go around. PS2 I dont really remember so I cant comment on that.

Microsoft blatantly did it by rushing their production knowing that they never could had met their quotas. I doubt sony can either, but they're waiting until next year at least knowing they cant make it to this holiday season.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
They were only short of the PSP for a few weeks, but after that they rarely ever ran out.

And it will be the same for the Xbox 360, it's a marketing move. Expect a similar situation with the PS3.

Ng51386 said:
Microsoft blatantly did it by rushing their production knowing that they never could had met their quotas.

Microsoft did exactly what they wanted, and I'm sure the results satisfy them.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
seriously... wtf... people paying 10,000+ for a fucking system? Shit give me the god damn money and I will stand in line and get you one! For fuck sakes. :SK:

It seriously boggles the mind.

Wow you guys really hate the 360, i find it funny considering none of you have one. And the simple fact of how misinformed most people that remark in this thread are. And to the people complaining $400 for a videogames system is uber expensive, Berserk statues are just as expensive and just sit on a shelf. I buy those too, its all about what you want to spend your money on.

N

Ng51386

grendelrt said:
Wow you guys really hate the 360, i find it funny considering none of you have one. And the simple fact of how misinformed most people that remark in this thread are. And to the people complaining $400 for a videogames system is uber expensive, Berserk statues are just as expensive and just sit on a shelf. I buy those too, its all about what you want to spend your money on.

It's not that, it's that people are paying close to 1000 for a system.

I dont ever plan on getting an XBox 360 but I am aware that it is a very good system. I just dont think it's worth 1000 :)

Ng51386 said:
It's not that, it's that people are paying close to 1000 for a system.

I dont ever plan on getting an XBox 360 but I am aware that it is a very good system. I just dont think it's worth 1000 :)

Oh I agree on that, if somone offered me 1000 for mine, I would of probably said sure lol.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Wow you guys really hate the 360

What are you talking about, who said anything about "hating" the Xbox 360? People are just making fun of it going for $10,000 on eBay... That's why I made the thread in the first place, though it's open to any X360 development.

grendelrt said:
i find it funny considering none of you have one.

Well, it's sure funny that you get offended at nothing and coincidentally happen to have spent a night waiting in the rain to get that console. Also, how not having one is supposed to change anything? People can't give their opinions on Kameo 2's trailers without buying it? Why don't you post your review of the system and the games instead of wasting everybody's time with an aggressive rant? Would be more interesting for everyone IMO.

grendelrt said:
And the simple fact of how misinformed most people that remark in this thread are.

How about you correct all this mysterious misinformation then?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
You say that, but wait until you see it going for 10,000+ yens where you live. :troll:
haha, well then that would be a different story.. granted the Xbox sells ass in the Japanese market over here... on the other side though... it sells like hot cakes for the american side that is over here.. actually just the modding part! :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
granted the Xbox sells ass in the Japanese market over here... on the other side though... it sells like hot cakes for the american side that is over here.. actually just the modding part!

Yeah, 10,991 Xbox sold this year in Japan (and 1,610,801 PS2), with an average of around 100 a week. Even the GBA non-SP sells more. Actually I've heard some discussions before where people were wondering if the foreigners in Japan represented a large part of the Xbox owners there or not...

Anyway, you saw the X360 backward compatibility list for Japan? 12 games, and not even the Dead Or Alive series that sold the most over there. Pretty meager compared to the USA, I guess MS doesn't really care about that "small" market.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
I've played videogames since I don't remember (maybe half of my life and more). And with this experience, I wouldn't pay such huge amount of money (yes, I don't have it  :judo:) for XBox 360.
There is a lot of games that only stand out for their graphics, and had nothing new. I'm feeling nostalgic when I didn't sense that the industry think I'm too stupid for buying a game called '........ ....... V' or '________ ___ II' or "based on ..." which has been made only for the money, without any innovation, any background or the idea of doing things better than is required for the common gamer.
Well, I think that the only game (at least now) which can change my mind it's The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion...

I was commenting more on the things such as "360 can kiss my ass.  It has what?  5 launch titles?  One of which I can play on the PS2?  for christ sakes, the thing doesn't even look good, and the controller is a PS2 controller with the joy stick and D pad switched (not saying the original playstation design wasn't just a rip off of the SNES controller).  Have fun with the next generation's preconcieved child is all I have to say. " Not the conversation of $10000. As far misinformation, I was talking about comments like 5 launch games or that none of the games look any good, but there are various places that have multiple of the games with high scores. I was not ranting, just seems I am on the losing side of the conversation and was trying to point out some of the opinions are a little too jaded. As far as my review of the system, from my 4 hours of play time with it (had to work yesterday after I left the store). I think the overall polish of the user interface and all the little features they have integrated into live are awesome. My game time with PGR3 was fun as crap, I have always wanted an in car view with a modeled cockpit and a person that actually stears and shifts. I think it adds a lot to the game and hope most people in the future do the same. As far as negatives go, the system is loud, if you have a PC with some high RPM 80mm fans, then its about that level. The power brick is huge, but that was a non issue for me since it sits under my tv stand anyways, I would rather have it like that then a larger system. Overall, I think its a step in every way in the right direction and will be great system.

Aazealh said:
What are you talking about, who said anything about "hating" the Xbox 360? People are just making fun of it going for $10,000 on eBay... That's why I made the thread in the first place, though it's open to any X360 development.
Well, it's sure funny that you get offended at nothing and coincidentally happen to have spent a night waiting in the rain to get that console. Also, how not having one is supposed to change anything? People can't give their opinions on Kameo 2's trailers without buying it? Why don't you post your review of the system and the games instead of wasting everybody's time with an aggressive rant? Would be more interesting for everyone IMO.

How about you correct all this mysterious misinformation then?

pippin22 said:

I just kicked my self in the nuts and slammed my head over and over into the wall for this stupid bastard!!!

AH GAWD! MAKE IT STOP!

I think the worst part of this is going to be when all these other massive companies catch on to the insane buzz and start pumping out consoles of their own by the hundreds...

ie: the walmart gamestation, the target bullseye 720, the firestone playbox, the mcdonalds beefplayer 2, the dairyqueen game-ice, the sears screendream, the office depot omni-box, the exxon energycast, the halliburton harbinger 3, etc...

the lines will circle the planet!!! :isidro:

I'm not gonna call it the Xbox 1.5 like Sony did, but honestly none of the games at launch or coming out soon are really looking anything like a next gen game. Most have better textures, models, and so forth. The graphics are prettier but honestly none of the gameplay screams next gen, nor does anything else. Where are fully destructable enviroments? Where is my incredible AI? Where is all this stuff that would make a game at least feel next gen, without having the dramatic gameplay changes that would really make it next gen.

I'll just wait for the 360. Too expensive for a first gen console, which can sometimes be problematic as they might not have worked out all the kinks, which would be fixed in the upcoming waves of the 360. Not to mention MS has stated they might actually put an HD DVD player in their console at a later date... I'll wait.

Go Revolution, now that's next gen.

Top Bottom