Miura's former works

puella

Berserk forever
I've just ordered Miura's other two works: Japan and Oro(King of wolves? I don't know its English title.)

0331-05.jpg

0209-08.jpg

Both are just one volume-mangas and written by Bronson.
Anybody read either of them or both?
Well, after read them, I'll post my appreciation of them.

puella

Berserk forever
No, that would be an English translation of "Ôrôden", the sequel to "Ôrô".
Ack, I ordered "Oroden" not "Oro" just because of its cover :(
Oroden is different from Oro? If so, I should change my order as soon as possible, before they send them. and Today is our national holiday(Liberation day) so I got one day for it.

*** I also ordered "Orpheus' window" by Ikeda Ryoko, which was my favorite manga when young and I couldn't get it since vol.13 back then because of our government ridiculous policy of restriction for Japanese manga :-X
and I bet you guys are never interested in this manga!!!

puella

Berserk forever
Er... But the picture in your first post is from "Ôrô", not from "Ôrôden"? ^^;
Bawahahahah~ I'm the queen of mistakes!
actually, I ordered this :-[
0307-06.jpg

I must change my order adding one voulme of Oro more.

"Riyoko". Common mistake. ^_^;
did you even read this? ::) so glad to know it :)

0927-13.jpg

puella

Berserk forever
I've finished reading Oro and Oroden today. I had also ordered Japan but they didn't send it to me because it has already gone out of print in my country.
Both are worth reading in terms of drawing and characters. It's very interesting to find out some characters in Oro similar to our Guts, Griffith and Caska.
personally I prefer Oro to Oroden.
I woudn't say about their story because it was written by Buronson who I don't like so much ^_^;; (I read fist of the north star but couldn't enjoy it quite well.)

puella

Berserk forever
these are from Oro, not berserk ;D

Iba
oroguts.jpg

this is the guy called Oro. his personality is sorta like Griffith, not his appearance. He finally kills himself.
orogriffith.jpg

Kyoko, as always...
orokyoko.jpg

dark clouds
orovortex.jpg

very common character
orowild.jpg

IKAROW

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Sorry to bring this this old topic back to life, but Puella, said she enjoyed Oro and Oroden, But didn't like so much because Bronson storie...

Anyway, I would like to know more about Oro and Oroden.... can u, or someone else, tell me more details about ??

I've searched information on the net but I couldnt find anything more clarifing... just some images...

Im very curious about JAPAN either... It seem to have been published in italy... What is it about?

jap_cover_01.jpg

jap_018.jpg

jap_011.jpg

O

Ozmo

Yup, those are naked girls by Miura allright. ;D

I'm quite curious too, when did Miura draw these works? During his breaks with Berserk? I think the art looks a tad superior to Berserk volume 1, so I suppose it can't be at least much older.

I doubt anybody here is willing to scan them, so where would be a good place to get them and for what cost?

Thanks for reviving the intresting topic btw.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Ozmo said:
I'm quite curious too, when did Miura draw these works? During his breaks with Berserk? I think the art looks a tad superior to Berserk volume 1, so I suppose it can't be at least much older.

"Ourou" came out in 1989, "Ourouden" in 1990, and "Japan" in 1992.

I doubt anybody here is willing to scan them, so where would be a good place to get them and for what cost?

www.sasugabooks.com

Search for the words "Miura Kentaro" (without the "u" at the end!) and you'll find them, except for "Ourou".

puella said:
dark clouds
orovortex.jpg

very common character
orowild.jpg

Did u find this pictures very familiar in berserk? The whirlwind reminds me of the eclipse while the second picture really look like Wyld...

And btw, is there only one volume for these stories?

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
Did u find this pictures very familiar in berserk? The whirlwind reminds me of the eclipse while the second picture really look like Wyld...

See my message in above post.

puella said:
these are from Oro, not berserk ;D

Of course, I find they are very familiar in Berserk.

And btw, is there only one volume for these stories?

Oro, Oroden and Japan, one volume each.
And peronally, I don't like that story much.

Top Bottom