Guts' fake arm

rickert said that he installed a magnet into the arm so that it can grip a sword easier.

now, can Guts actually move the fingers of the fake hand or is it just a fake hand in which he must use his right hand to make his left hand grip the sword.

and, is the crossbow component and cannon component come out when he pulls on that string?  or does he have 2 manually install the crossbow on top of it?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Answers and another question

The magnet holds onto the blade. Actualy, the fingers griping the blade isn't realistic. But the sword isn't either so that isn't a problem. 2 explanations.
1. they failed to mention little magnets in the fingers
2. the fingers wrap around the hilt as the hand is slaped on the sword

The cannon fires when he pulls the string.
There is no way the crossbow could fit in the arm. It is seperate.

As long as we are talking about equiptment.

What is the functional difference between the two crossbows.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Answers and another question

The magnet holds onto the blade.  Actualy, the fingers griping the blade isn't realistic.  But the sword isn't either so that isn't a problem.  2 explanations.
1. they failed to mention little magnets in the fingers
2. the fingers wrap around the hilt as the hand is slaped on the sword
I'm a believer in the 1st thought.
As long as we are talking about equiptment.

What is the functional difference between the two crossbows.
I did a cross-comparison between the way he uses it in volume 15, fighting the "guardians", and the way he uses it in volume 19, fighting the Goat Demi-Apostle.

The only difference I can see is the way he loads the arrows. Maybe its more efficient? I think Rickert mentions that the bow fires faster now too, but I could be way off here, as I don't have translations right in front of me.

Re: gatt's fake arm

what about the fake hand making a fist as he punches someone's teeth out?

it seems like a majority of the time, the fingers hang like a real set of fingers (sorta of how a regular person just stands idle w/ the arm straight down and the fingers down too).

i know this is just a comic and it isnt real, but i'm just picky at info like that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

what about the fake hand making a fist as he punches someone's teeth out?

it seems like a majority of the time, the fingers hang like a real set of fingers (sorta of how a regular person just stands idle w/ the arm straight down and the fingers down too).

i know this is just a comic and it isnt real, but i'm just picky at info like that.
The mechanical arm is able to makes a fist because Miura's pencil says so. I really don't know what other kind of answer you expected ::)

CnC

Ad Oculos

Actually i thought it was the spring that goes up the arm... when the arm bends, the fingers close... making holding the sword easier..

I can't think of a time where the entire weight of the dragonslayer was solely on the fake arm tho.

Hectate

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

We really never get to see Gutts reloading the CANNON-ARM too...

Personally as a gun-nut, that irritates me. But it's all good--and with a technology like that--it's a wonder why nobody uses cannon or rifle. Mebbe later, who knows--but by then--it wouldn't be fun I suppose, like today's age--people with guns, feh, cowards.

Err at anyrate, we only get to see one character using a true BOW AND ARROW (griffith's elite apostle)--no point, just wanting to state that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

1)Gambino's leg gets blown off by a canon in volume 4.

2) The Hawks use cannons in one battle in volume 5

3) And the Kushan's use canons when they're invading a midland city in chapter 184.

I don't remember any others.

so gatts bust out his supplemental components such as the crossbow and cannon and just attaches it to his arm right?

Top Bottom