Berserk DVD VOl.2

crematorium01

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
OH MAN! the outtakes on this one are just FUCKING HILARIOUS! Some of the best outtakes I've seen so far. GOod stuff, the video quality is amazing!

I just mainyl wanted to comment on the outtakes, good goood stuff.

ANyway, how did a copy? I went to Anime Expo where Media Blasters had a booth and had the second DVD on sale for 20 buxs FLAT. No taxes no nothin'! It was a AX only thing though so all you losers that dind't go have to wait till teh 30th! mwuahaha.....holy shit that's a lot of typos. Oh well, it's late and i'm sleepy.

c-ya!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine today after some serious shopping around... Its a very cool DVD. The extras this time around are much better. More pictures in the gallery, 10, one of which is done by Miura. The Production sketch section has 35, only a few of which seem familiar to me. I dont have my art book on me, so I cant check and see if theyre never-before-seen or not. And the outtakes are simply fucking hilarious this time, where last DVD they were just good for a chuckle or two. My only big complaint about this DVD is its length. I can understand why they cut it down to 4 episodes per disc (this one only covers 6-9, where the first DVD was 1-5), but it ends RIGHT as the big buildup for the assassination starts. I felt like I was 5 years old again, wanting to see episode 10 on DVD RIGHT THEN, even though I have it on fansub... A jackass am I...

Just a few more things...

I'm noticing some scenes I don't remember seeing before? There are a few quick frames in episode 6, during the Zodd fight that I totally dont remember seeing at all. And one instance in episode 7: It starts with this existential vineyard scene that I dont remember seeing. If anyone has their fansubs handy, could you cross-check them and see if Episode 7 starts off looking at a vineyard? Just for reference, episode 7's next scene is members of the royal court and minister foss discussing the Hawks uprising, then Guts smashes one of their toes with his crutch 8)

One last thing.

Something i found funny in episode 7 (funny, not interesting):

The Hawks need to talk to Griffith, but are waiting outside, Guts walks onto the scene and Casca tells Guts to wait, so he wont interrupt Griffith with his important court affairs Guts ignores her and breaks through guards and is about to go in, and asks Rickert:
"Rickert, you want to come with me?"
Rickert refuses. Guts steps into room,
Guts: "yo, Griffi-"
Casca taps Guts on the shoulder
Guts: "Gah... im sick of this..."
Casca: *PUNCH*
Guts gives up on seeing Griffith because Casca is being a bitch.

Hmm... this scene sounds something like our current predicament doesnt it? :D

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
My only big complaint about this DVD is its length. I can understand why they cut it down to 4 episodes per disc (this one only covers 6-9, where the first DVD was 1-5), but it ends RIGHT as the big buildup for the assassination starts.
Yeah, I would've preferred the 5/5/5/5/5 format for this series, too... but I think they opted for 5/4/4/4/4/4 instead. I'm not sure exactly how this breaks up the episodes, but they probably knew exactly what they were doing in trying to get the hype up for the next volumes. ^^

I'm noticing some scenes I don't remember seeing before?
You mean like the scene during the opening credits? Right before it shows the word "Berserk", and it has Guts' arm holding his sword, slowly moving up? I'm certain I'm not the only one who didn't remember seeing that in their old copies... still, new footage would be nice, sounds interesting ^_^

Now I just gotta wait for bestprices.com to get off their asses and send my Vol.2 already... I don't wanna wait another week ><

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, I just found amazon.com's release date for DVD 3. At this rate (well, more of an assumption, than a rate...)

Vol 1: 1,2,3,4,5 June 28
Vol 2: 6,7,8,9 July 30
Vol 3: 10,11,12,13 September 24
Vol 4: 14,15,16,17 October 30 [guess]
Vol 5: 18,19,20,21 January 30 [guess]
Vol 6: 22,23,24,25 February 30 [guess]

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Yup, it opens with a vineyard. Well, it looks like a collection of bushes to me, but, meh. It could be a vineyard I guess.

The Hawks need to talk to Griffith, but are waiting outside, Guts walks onto the scene and Casca tells Guts to wait, so he wont interrupt Griffith with his important court affairs Guts ignores her and breaks through guards and is about to go in, and asks Rickert:
"Rickert, you want to come with me?"
Rickert refuses. Guts steps into room,
Guts: "yo, Griffi-"
Casca taps Guts on the shoulder
Guts: "Gah... im sick of this..."
Casca: *PUNCH*

Yeah, I was laughing at that too.

Part I didn't like was when she was crying. She should have been SHOUTING. ;D

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
i got mine july 15 at media play :p. yes the outakes are quite funny such as when it has the seen from ep.8 where griffiths army is yelling at the fortress pretending like they want them to come out... and anywayz it has gutts go:Alright who wants to jerk me off!
Pan to griffiths army:Waving fist in upward and downward motion: LOL
yeah and the outake of when he gets punched is funny! i like how he goes oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT lol am i allowed to say that here? man this dvd rocks.. i hope media play gets white hawks or whatever(the third one) early too.. even if they could get in trouble for doing that... screw them! mwahahaha(hopefully though they wont get caught)

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
In my dl'ed version of episode 7 it starts w/ the vineyard the same as the dvd version. About ep. 6 and the Zodd fight, I also thought I saw some new or maybe unrecognizable scenes (maybe because my dl'ed fan sub ep. looks like shit and I couldn't tell wtf was goin on half the time cause it looked so dark). I'm about to watch the fan sub of ep. 6 again to see. I'll post my findings, just for the sake of clarifying this.

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Alright, I cranked up the brightness on my monitor and watched ep. 6 again. It is exactly the same as the dvd version in every way except for one thing, and this is a minute detail that I think was added in on the dvd. Whenever the transformed Zodd opens his mouth in the fansub that I dl'ed his spittle/drool whatever the fuck it is, is white. In the dvd its colored red, making it look like blood coming from his mouth. Thats the only difference that I could notice. On a side note, I'm so glad that they're releasing the whole series on dvd, cause my fansubs are horrible, now I just have to wait for more to come out. Damn, I hate waiting.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
You guys weren't lying when you said the outtakes were funny as hell. ROTFLAO! The Griffith's song was the best and now I can totally imagine him as some Backstreet Boy type of character. I wonder if they'll have Eclipse outtakes or would that be borderline tasteless?

crematorium01

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
there will be outtakes, what will they be about? Who knows, but I don't htink doing what they did in the second vol. would be tastesless. It would be hilarioius actually.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Hmm, I guess they could do the little outtakes of those minimangas Puella posted.

That would be pretty funny.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
My copy of Immortal Soldier came today... excuse me while I do the happy anime face:

^_____________________________^

The outakes had me in stiches for a long time, especially Rickerts "I swear if the bird craps on my arm, I'll eat it" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D HOLY FUCKING SHIT I LAUGHED FOR AGES AFTER I HEARD THAT ;D

Ahem, yeah. As for the DVD itself, MUCH better than the first, the dubbing was better all round and I spotted things I never did with the downloads.

Can't wait for Volume 03 now :p

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
Could someone please take some screenshots of the video quality of the DVDs? I've been curious about the video quality for quite some time, but haven't been able to spot screencaps through google.

Mine are to arrive next week, finally...

the dubbing was better all round

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAA! HA HA HAA!!! hee hee heee ahA ahAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAA HAHAHAA!!! hahh....... *breathe*breathe*breathe*

DUBBING....BETTER

AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! AHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! oh...oh god, thats...thats too much... HAHAHHAAA!!
ugh......lord, my side hurts now... ehee hee...
*ahem* thanks for that! i needed a good joke. ;)

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
Woah, just got my DVDs in, and I was stunned. The video quality was better then I hoped for... (Comparing to the Bootleg set...)

And indeed, that Love-song outtake was awesome... Let's hope they continue them on the next discs.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
*ahem* thanks for that! i needed a good joke.
Well, before you laugh yourself sane, I was comparing it with the first. I aint saying the dub is better, because against the original voices, it's shit.

Well, before you laugh yourself sane, I was comparing it with the first. I aint saying the dub is better, because against the original voices, it's shit.

the first volume sounded LESS like a gay soap opera.

Heh, it just got to my notice they call Rickert "Ricket" on the DVDs...
They couldn't decide between "Rickert" (as it should be according to the kana spelling) and "Rickets" (as it is written in alphabet in the anime artbook?)? ^^;

Top Bottom