New AOW Item: Guts: Kingdom of Falconia

Straight from the website:

NEW ITEM: Guts: Kingdom of Falconia
Guts: Kingdom of Falconia will be open for order by 16 December (Japan time: 11:00 am). Limited production to 300 unit.

Another Guts statue :guts:. Well for some people... :puck: There has definitely been a surplus of Guts statues lately, but hey, as long as it's good, I'm all for it =P.

N

Ng51386

Hmm.... I wonder why Masato hasnt sent me anything regarding this yet :(

Anyways... Any ideas when the pics will be released of the prototype?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds interesting, I wonder what it will be about.

Ng51386 said:
Hmm.... I wonder why Masato hasnt sent me anything regarding this yet :(

He never sends news right away, and who cares anyway?

Ng51386 said:
Anyways... Any ideas when the pics will be released of the prototype?

You mean preview pictures before the release? They're already out, to get them here just depends whether people will bother to search for them or not. Since it comes out next week I'm not sure there's a huge need for it anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some more information...

Price is fixed at 16,000円 ($133) for foreigners (no tax), and it will be limited to 300 pieces (serial number plate attached).

Dimensions are:

- Whole diorama: 18cm (height), 10cm (width), and 11cm (depth).
- Guts himself: 14.5cm (height), 7.6cm (width), 7cm (depth).

It's 7 inches tall overall and Guts is 5.71 inches for those that don't know the metric system.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Wow, I like this one. I think its a great pose with guts just standing there with his arms crossed... what a badass. It's subtle and simple but I think that makes it really great.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
So the price is different for foreign people? (IE cheaper?)

Yes, there's a tax for Japanese people that isn't applied to foreigners. It's the same for the manga, we can purchase volumes for ¥505 instead of ¥530 (with the tax). For Japanese people, that statue will cost 16,800円. And yeah I switch between Yen symbols for no reason. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Masato was kind enough to join pictures to his email proposing his services to purchase this statue. I tweaked and re-hosted the relevant parts for everyone to see:

Picture 01
Picture 02

It's low quality but that should be enough. Of course, don't hesitate to use him as a deputy if the need arises.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Wow, a good looking Guts statue for a pretty low price, all things considered. Can't make myself order it though, I already invested in a Guts statue for this year (and next :judo:).

Aazealh said:
Dimensions are:

- Whole diorama: 18cm (height), 10cm (width), and 11cm (depth).
- Guts himself: 14.5cm (height), 7.6cm (width), 7cm (depth).

It's 7 inches tall overall and Guts is 5.71 inches for those that don't know the metric system.

Woah woah, wait... are you serious???? Guts is only 15cm??? NOOOOOOO. I really hope that is wrong because that means this statue isn't 1/10 scale. It's gonna be on the same scale as the God Hand set (1/15). I AM NOT PLEASED with this news, because I realllly dig this sculpt!! And man, if it really IS 15cm... the price don't sound so cheap anymore! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Woah woah, wait... are you serious?

Yup, it's small.

DirectDK said:
And man, if it really IS 15cm... the price don't sound so cheap anymore! :puck:

Hahaha, so you thought AOW had suddenly decided to lower their prices? I wish they would... No Christmas favor. :judo:

nice nice statue, dont know if id purchase it myself cause of the small size of it... but i dont know its very tempting there gonna have to stop this lol i already running my bill sky high from them lol

this guts pose looks awesome
too bad its in a smaller scale this time
and 16000 yen for a 1/15 statue?? doesnt really make sense to me :puck:

Doh, I read it as being 7" for Guts , but it's only 5 and something inches.

Argh :chomp:, wyh can't art of war make some good 12" size statues for a 100something price range like you find for almost every other anime series? It's either 300+ for a 8'ish inch scale or 100 for a small 5" scale. I paid 300 for my 24" Sauron statue....and that didn't seem "cheap" to me but it was 2 foot tall...

I got both vampire hunter D statues (Meier and D) that kobotukyia(sp) made for just 80'ish bucks a piece on ebay because they are only like 130'ish new...

Stiler said:
Argh :chomp:, wyh can't art of war make some good 12" size statues for a 100something price range like you find for almost every other anime series?

Link please

......size sucks and 3 guts items in a row. I don't really understand the logic especially since the last two haven't sold out yet.

All that being said I love the concept.

N

Ng51386

Even if it was taller, would this statue of really sold that well? It's a good stance to do, but the problem that I have with it is that it's mostly him in his cloak. More than half the statue itself would be a cloak, and you really wouldnt see much of Guts' armor or anything like that, maybe a little bit, but not really....

If the cloak were a little more open, even though it isnt in the manga, it would be a better buy because the immense detail you would be able to see in the cloak would be amazing, but the way it is just makes me not want to buy it, especially comparing it to other Guts statues.

Ng51386 said:
If the cloak were a little more open, even though it isnt in the manga, it would be a better buy because the immense detail you would be able to see in the cloak would be amazing, but the way it is just makes me not want to buy it, especially comparing it to other Guts statues.

You are missing the point of the statue.

Top Bottom