Guts' mother on the tree, I'm wondering about a detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skabbius

Rotting Flesh
Hello. I am new to the forum, but I am sure as hell not new to Berserk. Been a fan for several years now.

I know that everyone has no clue of who Guts' mother was, but my question is this:

Does anyone else notice that in the pictures, her body is unusually small? Or is both bodies focused in these bodies in the red drape, different corpses?

b_16.jpg
b_17.jpg

I cannot tell for sure. Both of the branches are similar in shape. But one bodies' hair seems a bit longer than the other. I highely doubt that they are the same corpses though... I just need another oppinion on it. You know, just to be sure.

Now for something else. In the second picture, I noticed something. The perspective must be wrong or something because Guts is not under any of the bodies. It appears that he is inbetween the distant female and the closer one.

I am just throwing a few speculations out there. I am still trying to be logical about it all.

N

Ng51386

I think something more important to ask is why those bodies are so decayed whereas Guts is actually still alive as if he were just born... That doesnt make much sense, since if the bodies were decayed so drastically the bodies would of had to of been there for well over a week at least, and the human body, even more so a baby, requires water to survive in the first seven days.

From the picture's POV you cant really tell where the baby is laid upon, due to the coloring we have to assume that it's the red cloaked corpse, and they are the same corpse possibly, if the first picture had a higher view of the branch you could tell more clearly, but there's nothing showing that the mother of Guts is "not" the red cloaked corpse.

For all we know, he might had been placed there to make it seem that he was born from a corpse, perhaps one of the Apostles, or even the God Hand itself. It's never a coincidence when things happen in Berserk.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skabbius said:
Hello. I am new to the forum, but I am sure as hell not new to Berserk.

Hi, welcome to the board.

Skabbius said:
Does anyone else notice that in the pictures, her body is unusually small? Or is both bodies focused in these bodies in the red drape, different corpses?

Both bodies are different of course. This is the same picture, on a double page, but you inversed it here. It's evident if you look at the manga and not just scans, you can even see the same convoy in both pictures. The kid is different from Guts' mother, who was obviously an adult. It wouldn't make sense otherwise as the picture shows both side of the tree (opposite sides with the branches and all), the red clothes are just a useless detail. If you look more closely, there are other differences between the two bodies, Guts' mother for example has her umbilical cord apparent (and their clothes are different besides the red component, etc).

Ng51386 said:
I think something more important to ask is why those bodies are so decayed whereas Guts is actually still alive as if he were just born...

If you took one second to look at the picture instead of starting elaborating (ridiculous) theories, you'd notice that the corpse of Guts' mother hasn't decayed. She was hanged recently, while the other bodies were hanged a while ago. It's very clear when you look at normal sized pictures (in the manga or even the Illustrations File), impossible to be mistaken on it. There's nothing wrong with this scene.

I deleted all the other posts in this thread because they were misguiding and thoughtless. I'm also moving this thread from Speculation Nation to Manga Mausoleum. And it'd be cool if you guys took the time to think for a minute before posting in the future. Thanks.

Thread locked since the original question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom