Request for help, 3d Dragonslayer renderings & Hi Res

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I have been searching and have come up with a few 3-d renderings but I am in talks with a buddy who operates a company creating objects in metal, CNC machining and the likes. I am trying to get him some good images of the Dragonslayer sword for a replica CNC'ed in aluminum, I have to get him some high resolution images and a few renderings though.

I am scanning some manga images and i have pulled a few renderings with dimensions from old threads but if any of you guys have some nice high resolution images that you would be willing to share I would love the added reference materials.

I am diligently trying to get a real estimate from the guy, in the past when i have approached others they either laughed it off, or just refused to consider it, this guy made a really nice 4 and a half foot tall replica of the FF7 buster sword for his son, so i know he can make a Dragonslayer it is just a matter of getting the information to him for a price estimate.

Obviously, these types of posts get the obligatory ridicule and naysaying over weight and such. I am really trying to get something accomplished, so have fun it you like but please share information if you have it.

If this can be done and the cost is not truly prohibitive, and we can agree on a material and design issues I will talk to him about the potential for making a few of these.

EDIT: By the way, here is a pic of the "Buster Sword" he has already done,

http://home.comcast.net/~zmcevoy/Buster_Sword.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There are no definite dimensions for the Dragon Slayer, so don't expect anybody to give you blueprints to make one. There's some valuable information disseminated in old threads, so if you've already searched the board extensively you should be good to go. As for high resolution pictures, I can only recommend you to refer yourself to the manga, especially recent volumes as they depict it more accurately.

Please be sure to post the result here once you get it done. :guts:

Master of the Obvious said:
Obviously, these types of posts get the obligatory ridicule and naysaying over weight and such.

No.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
Thanks for the reply. If anyone has any personal favoraite images from the mangas and wanted to post issue or page numbers I am studying the manga and art books for the next few nights, I would love to hear opinions.

I have some 3D renderings a few skilled and kind members of the boards here did a few years ago saved, combined with some nice high resolution wallpapers and artwork from the Manga I am putting together a composite. For the CNC they are going to have to have a fairly detailed rendering so it is going to take me a little time to get things all put together, hopefully having a detailed 3-D model created isn't going to hurt too bad.

Before I go commissioning this thing I want it to look as "right" as I can, due to the subjective nature of art, the pictures I like most may not be the ones others select as their ideal picture, so like I said, opinions never hurt :)

If I can come to an agreement with the guy, you can bet your butt I will be showing off the end product! Wish me luck in the negotiation.

i hope all goes well id love to see a finished sword from the guy. the buster sword isnt to bad he made i just dont like the handle. But i been drooling over the Tuned blade for some time now and still want one!... however that will probably never happen :miura:

Top Bottom