Episode 266

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Now that I've looked over this episode, it's fucking amazing to see Guts whaling on that makara and finishing it off in a single episode.

Hehe, well that was to be expected really, his wounds are getting better after all and he's got more experience with the armor now. :guts: Plus being the warrior he is, making good use of his surroundings is only natural. Not his smoothest kill like CnC said but what matters is that he did it without any significant problem. Besides, him getting smacked around a bit is reminiscent of the old days. :badbone:

Jhot obs said:
I'm impressed with how well Isidro and Serpico have gotten in battling these things: I didn't know Serpico can send out multiple gusts of wind at enemies and I'm liking how Isidro can take on several inhuman monsters that quickly (right after Serpico) without Puck.

Yep, they're holding their own pretty well, it's nice to see (especially for Isidro).

coolerimmortal said:
A good episode, but...3 weeks until the next one? Not again!

Miura isn't taking another break though, it's just because of Young Animal's special release rate. A few times every year there are 3 weeks in between the fourth friday of one month and the second friday of the next, and it's the case here.

darkbane said:
Amazing, I'm so glad that my pessimistic prediction was wrong after all ^_^.

Told you so. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
Damn, it doesnt take much for the Beast to come out anymore does it? Guts wasnt even really hurt in the last couple of episodes and it was still about to come out.

Yeah, it's not even a matter of getting hurt actually, his emotions (like getting in the mood for fighting) can trigger it in no time. Remember on the beach when Skull Knight talked about Griffith? It awakened the Beast. One word was enough. That's also why he was knocked down by the first Makara, he couldn't dodge its attack while resisting the urge to "entrust himself". It's called a cursed armor for a reason after all, its dangerousness should never be underestimated.

CnC

Ad Oculos
its a shame they decided to put that kanji dead center of the page on the serpico vs daka page.
And yea, Guts getting beat up a bit was very nostalgic :guts:

D

darkbane

Psymont 2.0 said:
funny seeing guts using bombs again... when was the last time he did? ages ago right?

The last time iirc he gave them to Isidro to fight their way out of the troll cave. And they ran out, too. Well, I suppose Guts has an infinity pouch somewhere with a limitless supply of those things. :schierke:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dawy said:
3 weeks, it is OK it is christmas :miura: has to celebrate too.

As I said, Berserk is coming out in the next YA, it's just that the magazine comes out the second and fourth friday of the month.

Psymont 2.0 said:
funny seeing guts using bombs again... when was the last time he did? ages ago right?

Against the ogre in Enoch, so roughly a month ago in Berserk.

darkbane said:
The last time iirc he gave them to Isidro to fight their way out of the troll cave. And they ran out, too. Well, I suppose Guts has an infinity pouch somewhere with a limitless supply of those things.

He just gave a small pouch to Isidro, there's no reason to assume that he didn't keep any for himself. Guts doesn't use these mini-bombs very often and the pouch he gave Isidro is nowhere nearly as big as the bag Rickert gave him in volume 17.

puella

Berserk forever
The title of episode 265 and 266 reminds me of the anime 妖獸都市 (Wicked City) by 川尻善昭 (Kawajiri Yosiaki). It doesn't look like a simple coincidence to me, considering the fact Miura has shown many homages to classic Japanese popular culture in Berserk, especially through Puck. :puck:

Wicked_City.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
The title of episode 265 and 266 reminds me of the anime 妖獸都市 (Wicked City)

That's an interesting find, the movie itself isn't that great (tentacle rape!!1!1 :schierke:) but it's true this episode's title could very well be a reference to it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
So you guys are talking to each other via a message board now? hehe :troll:

Anyhoo, guess I'll chime in. Yea, it could _indeed_ be a homage (can't say I know the movie). But isn't the idea of a city of demons, or the idea of a city overrun by evil relatively common (in fiction, anyways :serpico:).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
So you guys are talking to each other via a message board now?

Well it's not like it's anything new. :beast:

CnC said:
But isn't the idea of a city of demons, or the idea of a city overrun by evil relatively common

Yup, it's pretty common as a concept, but to have the exact same four kanji is much more singular.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Yup, it's pretty common as a concept, but to have the exact same four kanji is much more singular.

I see, well then yea, it prob. is a homage.
I just hope that doesn't mean we're about to see some tentacle rape... those serpents of thorns look painful :carcus:

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
He just gave a small pouch to Isidro, there's no reason to assume that he didn't keep any for himself. Guts doesn't use these mini-bombs very often and the pouch he gave Isidro is nowhere nearly as big as the bag Rickert gave him in volume 17.

Come to think of it, I always thought the big pouch was to store the crossbow, but now it seems that Guts pulled out a bomb out of that pouch the first time he used them in volume 19. Good call Aaz. ^_^

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
looks like this will be a great episode....Merry xmas to all...and to all... a happy new year....sorry for the change in the side topics......tentacles need to stay in the ocean.... :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
um... you know its out, right?

He's probably just posting before actually looking at it. I do that sometimes but then edit my post afterwards. Kinda pointless, but whatever. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Rhombaad said:
He's probably just posting before actually looking at it. I do that sometimes but then edit my post afterwards. Kinda pointless, but whatever. :beast:

you make me sick.

...but seriously. whatever.
I'd be tearin' through that sucker if I were him... no point in wasting time posting :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
I always thought the big pouch was to store the crossbow

Sacrilege! Guts actually has carried (and still does) numerous bags in the manga, some of which have specific roles. The bag containing the mini-bombs that Rickert gives him in volume 17 is this one. It has nothing to do with the bag Guts stores his crossbow in, and it's also different from the pouch he takes a bomb from in volume 19. You can see the different bags he always carries by clicking here. He actually discards the bag Rickert gave him shortly before using the mini-grenades for the first time, that's why he takes them from another one (bag 3, see below).

He gets two new bags (and Casca a pouch) when returning to Godot's place in volume 22, that later evolve into the bags "Griffith No More!" wrote the history of (picture on the right).

I've numbered the bags Guts keeps when he fights so there would be no confusion, see this image.

Bag 1 (more like a holster) is where he stores his crossbow, bag 2 is where he stores his bolts, bag 3 is where he stores the beherit, the bandages, the powder for the arm cannon, the mini-grenades, the throwing knives, etc (and accessorily it's where Puck chills at). Bag 4 is the mystery pouch (I don't remember seeing him using it off the top of my head), he could use it for anything (plenty of possibilities: tools to maintain his equipment: crossbow, artificial arm; grease for the knives and why not even the DS, etc).

Here are two shots of the inside of bag 3. Notice the pouch at the bottom of the bag in the upper picture, that could very well be the bombs, and that's after he gave some to Isidro.

Of course this is all from his post-Black Swordsman arc equipment, before that he had yet different ones. Bag 3 and 4 were already there (although looking slightly different), but bag 1 didn't exist since his crossbow was much bigger (didn't fold) and bag 2 was completely different.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't believe you, aaz. You have yet to prove it to me, beyond a doubt.

Nah, just joshin' ya.

Guts carries a lot of shit, thats true. Its also been modified recently by Serpico to work with the new armor.
Still, the idea that he can carry that shit ten feet without starting to sweat is impressive enough by my standards.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I don't believe you, aaz. You have yet to prove it to me, beyond a doubt.

I think it's more likely tha... Nah, not this time. :void:

CnC said:
Still, the idea that he can carry that shit ten feet without starting to sweat is impressive enough by my standards.

Well, in comparison to the DS... That sure doesn't help though, I agree.

Top Bottom