Has anyone listened to the PS2 Berserk OST

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just wondering if anybody here at SK.net has had the opportunity to listened to any of the tracks from the OST of the Berserk game that was launched in japan. :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've had it for a while. Sign is my favorite of course and the best track on the OST as far as I'm concerned, but I enjoy a few others as well, even though they're clearly not on the same level.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
From what I've heard in the trailers and gameplay videos, most of it is background stuff: deep chants, horns, and drums and stuff. Probably not regular listening music, but probably good background for doing something else.

Yeah, the OST is like the most game osts,
intro track, and the rest (the "rest" where the other 21 tracks) is BGM ... but not like the music in the anime,its more ... "standart" ... for a game .. but the decent choir voices where pretty cool.
So, the last track is "sign-2", its ab instrumental of "sign", but a bit "slowed down".

The Tracklist on the backcover is written completely in western letters,

The OST as a whole is very boring, only one vocal track, and the other tracks sounds sometimes a bit similar, i would say: only for berserkFREAKS xD

How much does this cost? Finding MP3s on Sign/Sign2 have proved completely impossible, so I figured that I might as well try and just do something legal for once and BUY the music...

I doubt that I could get this OST in America anywhere, but could I get the Forces CD or Guts's Rage OST at any store?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Draco said:
How much does this cost? Finding MP3s on Sign/Sign2 have proved completely impossible

Then you didn't search hard enough (there are countless threads about it on this board). They're actually available to download legally from Susumu Hirasawa's website, but you have to pay of course. Click this link to go there.

Draco said:
so I figured that I might as well try and just do something legal for once and BUY the music...

Good, you'd be wise to buy everything you have that's Berserk related. :SK: Anyway, to get the OSTs I recommend you cdjapan.co.jp, they're all available for around $20.

Berserk PS2 game OST
Berserk DC game OST
Berserk animated series OST

And the Forces single for $8.5.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Well, while I do agree the Anime had more inspiring music, give it some credit. It is a game soundtrack* after all, it's not supposed to sound epic. Most of it just plays in the background to keep the game flowing, which I thought it does well. I mean, its not something you'd listen to for fun or anything, but it fit the game well (IMO).

But to each his own :guts:

(*edit: hehe, thanks CnC)

CnC

Ad Oculos
IsolatioN said:
It is a game sound tract after all, it's not supposed to sound epic.

I think many game soundTRACKs are supposed to sound epic. Plus I think Sign and Sign2 _do_ sound epic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I think many game soundTRACKs are supposed to sound epic. Plus I think Sign and Sign2 _do_ sound epic.

Yes, they do. Sign is actually one of the most epic songs I've ever heard.

Yea it is great, I enjoy listening to many of the songs from the OST especially Sign. Every single of one them is pretty decent IMO.

Top Bottom