Episode 1 of the anime, about the beherit

El_Spico11

The power of death is intoxicating...
Well I have a question abotu episode 1 of the anime. You know how after Guts kills the snake baron, he takes his behelit? What ever became of that behelit? I haven't read the mangas so I don't know. Thanks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El_Spico11 said:
Well I have a question abotu episode 1 of the anime. You know how after Guts kills the snake baron, he takes his behelit? What ever became of that behelit? I haven't read the mangas so I don't know. Thanks

The Snake Baron doesn't have a beherit in the manga, Guts acquires it later on. As for what happens to it, well nothing much actually, he still carries it to this day.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El_Spico11 said:
Well since he keeps the behelit, won't it activate eventually?

And adding to what CnC said, it might also not activate again, it's not obligatory.

Tenro

...You tit.
...But at the same time, the Idea seems to have a bit of a sense of drama, putting beherits into pivotal situations. It just seems a touch unlikely that we won't see it activated before the end of the series, whether it's used by one of Guts' group or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see Guts "lose" it sooner or later.

Didn't Gut's behelit activate in the Qliphoth, summoning Slan?

Perhaps it only activated halfway, his battle against the trolls not quite enough to fully inspire his rage - I seem the remember the face at least partially aligning, at any rate.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Mista_B said:
Didn't Gut's behelit activate in the Qliphoth, summoning Slan?

Perhaps it only activated halfway, his battle against the trolls not quite enough to fully inspire his rage - I seem the remember the face at least partially aligning, at any rate.

Nobody "summoned" Slann. She inhabited troll intestine of her own volition.

And yes, since she was in the area the Beherit aligned itself, but didn't "activate" in the traditional sense.

Slightly Green said:
Uhh, shouldn't blood be involved somewhere along this course?
Why has no one mentioned that yet?
For a behirit to activate? Blood isn't always needed for that to happen; look at the Count in volume 3.

Before that, before he turned into an apostle. In the scene where he massacres all the pagans except for his wife.  His beherit is in a cup on a table.

CnC

Ad Oculos
yota821 said:
Before that, before he turned into an apostle. In the scene where he massacres all the pagans except for his wife. His beherit is in a cup on a table.

oh, that time. Right, well it is true that a beherit doesn't need blood to activate. I never said otherwise.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
CnC said:
Nobody "summoned" Slann.  She inhabited troll intestine of her own volition.

And yes, since she was in the area the Beherit aligned itself, but didn't "activate" in the traditional sense.

To add to that, she along assumably with the other Godhand are creeping closer to the physical world (Conrad was in Vol.17) they aren't quite there yet. Only taking subtle forms (troll guts and rats).

So I really doubt the beherit had anything to do with it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Funkmasta Zeph said:
So I really doubt the beherit had anything to do with it.

It had nothing to do with it. The beherit just reacted to her enormous spiritual power, just like it reacted during Griffith's incarnation in Albion.

Top Bottom