Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I love/hate them all equally.

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death Can Wait said:
from what I see from the Berserk game, is it possible that Miura is trying to retcon the "Wings of Darkness" out?

No, not at all. I don't see what you're talking about. The DC game took place after Femto had already been incarnated into a new Griffith, so he wasn't present when Balzac became an apostle if that's what you're referring to, but Femto wasn't retconned and will never be (for all we know, he may appear again in the future). This isn't X-men.net. :void:

Or maybe you meant the PS2 game? This one simply isn't canon, and Miura didn't spend much time on it, if any at all. Just ignore everything in it story-wise. The reason you see Griffith appearing during the Occulation instead of Femto was to simplify the story for players not familiar with the series. There are also a lot of other elements in the game that don't really make sense and sometimes are in direct conflict with the manga, so don't bother with it.

Death Can Wait said:
Maybe it's the whole batman thing getting to him, I dunno.

Oldest joke ever that was never really funny.

Death Can Wait said:
Is he technically "God Hand" anymore to begin with?

Yes.

Death Can Wait said:
I don't know if the God Hand are free to "Do as they please"

They are.

KuroKenshi

ready for Today's sermon??
:serpico: ive gotta say the godhand wouldnt work missing one of them so i like them all equally in different respects.well maybe without conrad...jk :void: i would choose slan but thats just typical  :carcus:

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Femto, because not many thing are know for the others, and Griffith's story is so interesting :griff:

and he's the fifth, because of him "hell" come to physical world :zodd: :beast: :void:

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
I picked Slan, mostly because she seems to have an interest in Guts, and was willing to make an appearance to satisfy her curiosity. Plus she had some of my favorite lines during the eclipse. Oh, and she's hot as hell, which can always be appreciated!

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
I don't know if the God Hand are free to "Do as they please"

They are free to do as they please, but what they want... is what the idea of evil wants; they are thr hand of god. It depends how you look at the concept of "free will".

For me my favorite would have to be Femto if merely only because I will always consider Griffith my favorite character, and the way they set that Godhand up was magnificent (I hope we see the pasts of the other Godhands before it ends).

To me, the other Godhands hail in comparison. He stole the words.

Femto, because even if they devote a volume to the history of each Godhand, none of them are going to have nearly the depth that Femto does. He is such an enormous fixture in the story and has such an attachment to Guts that I don't know how you could prefer any of the others to him.

I do disagree though, without seeming to shovenistic I would say that the rape of Casca was "awesome"... it was one of the most powerful images in the manga... the pictures defined to crystal clarity with the past that is Griffith.

Voted for Femto - out of loyalty to Griffith. (Well, really, I should hate Femto because he replaced the "real" Griffith, and his birth meant the death of the original - but I don't.) Love the armour, and the revamped Hawk helmet. The dripping, membranous wings.... Well, I just love his whole design. Besides, it is highly unlikely that any of the other Godhand members will ever have such an enormous impact on the story, or on Guts himself.

Bonus: Femto is kinda sexy. His breastplate leaves NOTHING to the imagination! And I don't think that's a codpiece! :eek: You men can have Slan. :serpico:

:void: (Void), I dont know why, and then Femto and Slan, I do not like Conrad or Ubik at all, besides the fact that ubik looks funny and is humorus to me.

Stream

Inousha
Well, I'm happy to pop here and see Slan is taking the lead :D

Anna mentioned Femto looks stunning.. khm.. to allow myself a cheesy girl moment - yeah he does!!

Anyway, I just realized recently that Slan is one of the top elements in manga I'm curious about. Kinda silly, taking the main characters and all the mess, but I hope she'll have a nice big piece of cake by herself and have more and more influence at the story.

Yeah I'm a real Slan fan, can't help it. :p :beast:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Dirty Dog said:
good, because I want her. :carcus:

Anyway, my vote's for slan. Mainly because she keeps the sacrificial ceremonies from being sausagefests. o_O

What about the Female Apostles? Some of them where pretty hot . . .

Dirty Dog

Forest Wraith said:
What about the Female Apostles? Some of them where pretty hot . . .

They were only present for the Occultation... I meant like in the case of the Snail Count and such.
Besides, those female apostles were hot in their "human" form, but in their "demon" form they were pretty damn ugly. Like from those Alien movies.
I'm pretty sure the God Hand is always in their demon form, otherwise Void's demon form must be hurl-to-death ugly.

Shadow8

Berserk is for the life
My favourite member of the God Hand is Slan because she is a sadist, she is sexy and crazy in her head. The only woman of the group!

darkphoenix

darkness is all there is...
Femto! First of all I love the characters design, I love how Miura "killed" Griffith only to make him rise as Femto! All this rebirth thing and the gorgeous helmet reminds me of the legend of mythical Phoenix! Im convinced its not a hawk helmet its a phoenix one...:p
When he rose with his wings of darkness, such a beautiful picture, it was just amazing...
Too bad that Femto makes such a short appearance in Berserk :(
ps: thumbs up for the rape that followed...ahem... :chomp:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I kind of have to take The Godhand as a set. I'll agree that Femto stands out because we know his full story though. I don't know if it's been pointed out before but I've noticed that while Griffith has a slim build, Femto is extremely muscular in comparison. I wonder why Griffith felt the need to change his form in that specific manner? Just one of those things.
The Godhand are far and above things currently but I wonder if we will see them develop as characters outside of having their individual histories revealed? I don't expect dramatic changes (such as any of them turning good). I have the scene where Guts stabbed Slann with the Dragon-Slayer in mind. I think it would have been interesting to have a Fly-On-The-Wall moment in the Vortex showing Slann and the others discussing the significance of the event . . . It would have been hard to time that right though.

I don't care about Ubik or Conrad, I hate that loser Femto, I like Void and I love Slan.
Scene where Guts impales Slan, she kisses him and says something like "You are wonderful, darling" is fantastic.
Also, she's really hot :carcus:

Top Bottom