Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
8) Now....I know this is just wishfull thinking, but it would be interesting to know what your opinion might be. Weather if its an idea....or if u dont like the idea. Who should be who?, or better yet who should work on the production.....again its just wishfull thinking

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
f I were going to set out to make a Berserk movie , it would focus solely on the Black Swordsman arc. Making it pretty much a special effects laden, supernatural action epic. It would be extremely dark and gritty (of course), but it would also be very stylish looking (think Fincher). I’m not thinking too much about casting, probably a lot of unknowns, except Brando would have to play the Count. This movie would rock your ass, especially the last half hour, expect seizure reports. It would end poignantly with Guts leaving the Count’s in tears naturally. This would easily be one of my favorite films if it existed, not because it would be the Berserk movie, but just think of how the events of those volumes would look on the big screen with state of the art effects? Running time: near 3 hours

I'd love for the whole series to be adapted to film, but this is the one shot deal I’d go with, makes for the best movie.

-Griffith

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
the kuroi kenshin arc? i'd prefer taka no dan they should make 3 or 4 movies, 3 hours for each. if they made it with the budget and on the level of LoTR, i'm pretty sure i'd like it.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Yeah but... we all know that some characters and scenes would be cut out. If I wanted to see it, it'd have to be UNCUT. 8)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I think the original arc works the best as a single, stand alone movie. Plus, it’s the beginning and you can always go from there. Now for the sequel; The Band of the Hawk. Naturally, it starts with the discovery of Guts under his mother and goes from there. Since the tone is so different, the drama between Guts, Casco and Griffith would largly carry the film. I’d say it ends around the battle with Zoddo. It should probably be filmed back to back with movie 3 since they’ll be so similar. Movie four and five would cover things until the end of the Eclipse. Movie six: Lost Children.

;D

-Griffith

D

Drachenfels

I hope there will never be a Berserk movie. When I look at some Mangas/Animes which have been raped as real movies(Crying Freeman and Fist of the North Star as an example), I shrudder at the thought what could become of Berserk when they made such a cheap movie out of it.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
right, but what if the developer of the movie is a fan?.... It has happened before like Tim Burton (Batman)

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Good, in my opinion Berserk only turned film if it was to produce a quality film and grandiose as " The Lord of the Rings " and not a film of third. But it is of first (or third), that is not warranty of a good film, that it comes to please the fans, of way none. To adapt a literature work and fantasizes and still one more manga for movies is one of the most difficult things than there is - it is for some aspect peculiar of the work, be for the technology lack and money to transform the imagination of thousands of readers in something pleasant, but it is not impossible. We see the example of the " Mister of the Rings ", director Peter Jackson when announced that it would drive the film, it was quite criticized in general by the fans, the director's curriculum was not exciting, he had only driven before 4 films, 3 of terror and a drama.
But Jackson, different from so many powerful directors, was before everything a declared fan of the Work of Tolkien, and he knew that if didn't make an adaptation worthy of the book would be the hated director of the planet so much for fans as for the responsible producers for the money of the film. This everything is simply to say that a film on Berserk first should be analyzed this way, we could not simply leave that the heart spoke higher than the brain. Berserk would need a director to think like Jackson, that always had respect for the Work of Tolkien and it transposed for the screens a realistic impression of a replete medieval world of you be demoniac and charmed, without leaving that producing of studios that think that know what is good for the movies they put the finger in the route. Speaking in the part of adaptation of the history, if it goes necessary to do some changes, in way to activate history, they would be accepted if case didn't harm the original plot. Berserk is a history that would not fit in only one film with certainty, I think if a first adaptation goes well happened, starting from her it is that could define how many films they should be done. We cannot forget of the most important in a film: the actors and your interpretations, in Berserk and I think in any film the characters are the soul of everything, and I didn't want to see a film of Berserk in that the special effects are put upon under the actors, as it is happening now in the current films, type Stars Wars, the films of Batman, the copy of Conan - " Escorpion King ", etc, etc. THE cast of Berserk should be a " perfect " union among known actors and ignored and that placed your talent to the maximum and not a stuffed film of stars and stars supporting heroes and thieves without expressiveness, just for they increase your bank account as it happens with films of Batmam. Did X-men and Homem Aranha need a Tom Cruise or Júlia Roberts for successes they be?
But which actors would summon for an adaptation? Me at least I have some suggestions: to interpret Caska, of course the actress besides beautiful and black, she should know how to reconcile without exaggerations dramatic scenes with violent scenes, besides facing scenes of nakedness and of sex naturally, without falling in the it would lower or vulgarity. And Halle Berry, besides beautiful understands of that everything, as it proves Oscar that won for your dramatic performance in " Monsters Ball ", out that it was already a heroine in " X-men ", gave one of fatal woman in " the Password ", to interpret an army commandant, it lasts and sensual, it was softness for her.
For the paper of Gatts, anything of a brute wrestling star giving one of " actor " type The Rock in Escorpião Rei, he would have to be an experienced actor to demonstrate wisdom, violence and sensibility, besides clearing to seize a sword in a convincing way. If Charlie Sheen roots the actor of formerly, me until h would give this paper to him, besides having the very similar glance with Gatts, he was already guerrilla, it seized a sword in The Three Musketeers, gave one of Rambo in Top Gang, we would give a chance of him to lift your career, clear if it was in shape, otherwise it is out of my adaptation, didn't want an old one interpreting my lover Gatts.
Griffith would have to be an unknown actor, but I don't have anybody in mind. The same for the other characters.
The history would be clear on the childhood of Gatts and your forced entrance in Falcon's Group, and anything of film " Disney ", the film would be faithful the violence and sensuality of the frames, as well as it was first Conan - THE Barbarian, the second film was a drug.
Thinking better if it was to choose the film or the second tv series first, I would be with the tv series, without some doubts. ;)
And I finish for here. Other suggestions?

Nadiaska

Kuroi-san

Wow... I mean, its hard to make a wothwhile reply to a post like that. :-/

But I'm making one anyway! ;D

I think Charlie Sheen would make the perfect Gatts, but I think that Gatts' haircut is physically impossible :p.

I haven't heard much about Halle Berry, but what I have heard is very good, so I'm gonna have to agree ;).

As for Griffith... hmmm... ???

I did think of someone, but then I forgot. ::)

Typical.

D

Drachenfels

Charlie Sheen as Guts?
Then it's really better that there will be no Berserk movie....

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I dont know about Charlie playing as Gatz (if that would b the case) BUT I do know a good griffith....
POP QUIZ HOT SHOT!!!
"U are a very hated young charatcer who has done great movies in the beginning of your career, good looking, non-muscled typed character who's only weapon is his big mouth. A character that I still dont know what hair color might have but still have a bright image when he is on croud....probably gay, BUT not the case"....Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Leonardo Dicrapio

Kuroi-san

I though Griffith would be more... slender than Mr. Decaprio. ;)

Griffith has very angular features, and Leonardo does not have the right kind of hair.

Jesus man, what were you thinking?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
....Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Leonardo Dicrapio
he d be also my favorite pick for griffith so far....

Posted by: Kuroi-san Posted on: Today at 11:20am
..., but I think that Gatts' haircut is physically impossible .
...it is "Guts"!
why da hell should his haircut be a problem at all?

Posted by: Drachenfels Posted on: Today at 2:36pm
Charlie Sheen as Guts?
Then it's really better that there will be no Berserk movie....
definetely!^^

D

Drachenfels

I dont know about Charlie playing as Gatz (if that would b the case) BUT I do know a good griffith....
POP QUIZ HOT SHOT!!!
"U are a very hated young charatcer who has done great movies in the beginning of your career, good looking, non-muscled typed character who's only weapon is his big mouth.  A character that I still dont know what hair color might have but still have a bright image when he is on croud....probably gay, BUT not the case"....Ladies and gentleman, Mr. Leonardo Dicrapio

Charlie Sheen as Guts was a bad joke.
Leonardo DiCaprio is simply DISGUSTING!!!
Although, he has some gay gayness...
No. That would defile Berserk too much.

maximus

Charlie Sheen as Guts was a bad joke.
Leonardo DiCaprio is simply DISGUSTING!!!
Although, he has some gay gayness...
No. That would defile Berserk too much.
first of all i want to remind u of this:http://www.skullknight.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=spec;action=display;num=1000854097;start=20
i guess u don t remember at all!?

however i still think that leo fits very well into griffiths character simply because he has the look and the style griffith has...
on the one hand he looks like inocent ,naiv or lika child and on the other hand he might look like a psycho,dangerous and secretive...
moreover i think that leo has besides the look even the skills to play such a role as good as we demand it to be.
(never thought i d write something like that :-/)
so i am no leo fan but my opinion is clear so far!

D

Drachenfels

I simply hate DiCaprio. He's a pansy, a Milchbubi. His only good movie was "Jim Carrol". After that, nothing good came from him.

maximus

well the fact that u don t like him doesn t implicit automatically that he won t fit!?

D

Drachenfels

well the fact that u don t like him doesn t implicit automatically that he won t fit!?

The fact that he just sucks elephant ballz and simply doesn't deserve it to play in a Berserk movie means that he shouldn't be allowed to play Griffith in a Berserk movie.
But if he played one of Gennon's "Liebesknaben" I would have no problem with that. ;)

maximus

The fact that he just sucks elephant ballz and simply doesn't deserve it to play in a Berserk movie means that he shouldn't be allowed to play Griffith in a Berserk movie.
he doesn t deserve? what the f...?
who deserves than!?
But if he played one of Gennon's "Liebesknaben" I would have no problem with that.  ;)
hadn t been griffith one of them?

why don t u guys stop this stupid "commonletsfuckleosgayass"argumention but propose any alternatives...?
i d really like to know who ur favorite would be?

Top Bottom