Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

xbigvmanx said:
Who cares about the movies. Just bring out the 2nd berserk season for christ sakes. I mean sure i'll settled for the manga but i want it all!!

You'll settle for the Manga? You make it sound as if it is inferior to the Anime. Frankly the Anime has to many inconsistencies, a studio would be better off starting over from scratch.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
If the movie was going to be made I'd make it into a three parter which focuses on Guts' origin and Golden Age of the Hawks till the Eclipse. Now how this is going to structured it will be similiar to the first anime episode on the Blackswordsman. Once he kill the Snake Baron it shifts immediately flashes back to Gut's birth and quickly goes thru what his upbringing was like. I think i would end the first part of the movie with their encounter with Zodd and his prophecy to Guts. The 2nd movie will focus on rise of the Hawks which will end when Guts leaves the Army. The third part will focus on the fall of the hawks and the Eclipse. All three movies should definitely be shot at the same time to save cost and time. And i am thinking each movie should be about 2 hours long.
As for who would be good to play what:

Guts: The Rock or Karl Urban
Griffith: Orlando Bloom
Casca: Shannyn Sossamon or Jessica Alba
Judo:
Corkus:
Pippin:
Rickert:
Zodd:
The King:
Julius: Sean Bean
The Queen: Cate Blanchett
Charlotte: Natalie Portman

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I never knew that something that makes me want to claw my own eyes out could be so fun . . . Thank you everybody.

xbigvmanx said:
If the movie was going to be made I'd make it into a three parter which focuses on Guts' origin and Golden Age of the Hawks till the Eclipse.  Now how this is going to structured  it will be similiar to the first anime episode on the Blackswordsman. Once he kill the Snake Baron it shifts immediately flashes back to Gut's birth and quickly goes thru what his upbringing was like. I think i would end the first part of the movie with their encounter with Zodd and his prophecy to Guts.  The 2nd movie will focus on rise of the Hawks which will end when Guts leaves the Army.  The third part will focus on the fall of the hawks and the Eclipse. All three movies should definitely be shot at the same time to save cost and time. And i am thinking each movie should be about 2 hours long.
As for who would be good to play what:

Judo:
Corkus:
Pippin:
Rickert:
Zodd:
The King:

Hmmm, A Berserk Film trilogy huh. Not a bad idea, I also like the idea of them all being shot at the same time. But if there are gonna be 3 movies, Wouldnt there need to be a After The Eclipse story for guts or would it be a complete cliffhanger like the first season of the Berserk cartoon?

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Skullgrin140 said:
Hmmm, A Berserk Film trilogy huh. Not a bad idea, I also like the idea of them all being shot at the same time. But if there are gonna be 3 movies, Wouldnt there need to be a After The Eclipse story for guts or would it be a complete cliffhanger like the first season of the Berserk cartoon?

As for the ending, I think it should end where it will show how Guts claims the dragonslayer and is equiped with his armor and artificial arm. After he kills his first apostle, the story will end him walking towards the sunset to begin his journey. As for more movies it would depend on how successful the first set comes along. I think the next set should focus on Griffith's Resurrection. I think that is when I would introduce the Holy Iron Chain Knights, Isidro, Puck and the Beast into the story. I would skip his story with the duke and the fairy episode b/c i think its unecessary weight when i would rather the story to focus on Guts and Griffith conflict as well as bringing in the new characters that will be a part of Guts development. I will get into a little more about it later. I have a pretty good idea on how i would start and end the next chapter to the trilogy.

xbigvmanx said:
As for the ending, I think it should end where it will show how Guts claims the dragonslayer and is equiped with his armor and artificial arm. After he kills his first apostle, the story will end him walking towards the sunset to begin his journey. As for more movies it would depend on how successful the first set comes along.  I think the next set should focus on Griffith's Resurrection. I think that is when I would introduce the Holy Iron Chain Knights, Isidro, Puck and the Beast into the story. I would skip  his story with the duke and the fairy episode b/c i think its unecessary weight when i would rather the story to focus on Guts and Griffith conflict as well as bringing in the new characters that will be a part of Guts development. I will get into a little more about it later. I have a pretty good idea on how i would start and end the next chapter to the trilogy.

You have really good ideas! ^_^ So instead of it being a trilogy it would be like a Quartet or Sextet Like the Star wars saga, Either way this is a good way for Berserk to be made into a movie. Now all we need is a good Director (Not Peter Freakin Jackson)!

Skullgrin140 said:
You have really good ideas! ^_^ So instead of it being a trilogy it would be like a Quartet or Sextet Like the Star wars saga, Either way this is a good way for Berserk to be made into a movie. Now all we need is a good Director (Not Peter Freakin Jackson)!

Whats wrong with Peter Jackson? :judo:

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Hey Thanks I appreciate the compliment. No definitely not Peter Jackson. I was thinking of Ridley Scott to direct it. I was imagining it to be 9 movies with a final ending in the last movie. As for how it will end that I will leave that up to Miura to think it. The next trilogy starts right off after Guts encounter with the Snake Baron. This introduces Puck into the story and how they meet. Puck finds Guts fighting the Undead. Puck was so amazed by Guts swordsmanship that he decides to follow him. Guts reluctantly let him tag along since he is a useful medicine box. A year passes and the story shifts to the introduction of the HICKS. Farnese is given the order to find the Hawk of Darkness. Anyway I decided to change my mind and incorporate the lost Children storyline a bit b/c it was necessary in the Guts development. But much of the story will be cut to keep it contained in one movie. The end of the first movie will show Guts returning to Godo to get his sword resharpen after he receives a premonition of Casca being burned in the fires. The next portion will be a two parter of Guts journey to the Holy land. The third part will end similiarly to vol 21.

xbigvmanx said:
Guts: The Rock
You're retarded. I hate you. This idea is so fucking awful that those who read it risk developing terminal cancer.
xbigvmanx said:
or Karl Urban
That at least makes some sense, in terms of aesthetics.
xbigvmanx said:
No thanks, he can be good but I don't see what makes him stand out from a host of other actors save for the fact that you've seen him in a movie with long blond (besides Griffith's is platinum).
xbigvmanx said:
I am pretty neutral on this, as neither stands out to me as CASCA, the only reason to choose them is because their names are somewhat known. But it's a lot fucking better than Halle Berry (who regardless of her receiving an Academy Award [in my opinion one of the most offensive and self-indulgent acceptence speeches ever made], shows little sign of any actual ability in just about anything she does - she over emotes almost everything).
xbigvmanx said:

Again you seem to have chosen these names for the simple reason that they are known performers.

As a long time film fan/student and graphic novel reader (of which Manga is a subset) and as a relatively new Berserk fan (three years is a drop in the bucket compared to many others, though I love the story I am not going to act as if I were here from the fucking beginning of fucking time) I can't thank the heavens enough that a great deal of posters on this forum (and you know who you are) have no control over such an endeavor if it is ever to occur. Once I hear the title Berserk and the performer known as "The Rock" (especially in regard to Guts) in the same sentence, I check out - you absolutely lose me. I am not trying to be mean - but if you want to piss people off suggest the Rock.

As far as a big screen adaption - it is impractical. Maybe adaptation of Manga into live action will really take off if Battle Angel is successful; but even then - you will be hard pressed to find any studio willing to put the type of budget you'd need for a progress of this magnitude, behind a existentially dark, extremely and unrelentingly violent (both martially and sexually) story. In which rape, incest, and torture are major themes. Let's be realistic the money needed for a film adaption of a series of this scale (filmed concurrently is a lot), is more than most would want to spend on something so obscure and violent. That is reality.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jepn30 said:
In which rape, incest, and torture are major themes.

While I agree with nearly everything you've said regarding the idiocy that is the impractical Berserk motion picture, I wouldn't go so far as to say that rape, incest and torture are major themes of the story. I do agree, however, that their presence in the story would be a major concern if a movie were to be made.

Ok, first off after all I have heard about the recent posts of this movie. I want to say a few things, Even though Peter Jackson is a fantastic director of LOTR I dont think he should direct Berserk, If anyone is to Direct it has to be Probably Ridley Scott or Kazuaki KIRIYA Because both of them seem like good choices.

But Some of the actors to play the characters like Guts, Caska etc.

xbigvmanx said:

2 big No No's! on those, Non of those people are fit for the role. I always imagined Dolph Lundgren as Guts even though now his age is concern But Definetly not The Rock and Karl Urban.

xbigvmanx said:

Not Bad choices, I can see Orlando Bloom definetly as Griffith. Casca however I really would be Great with Jessica Alba to play the role. Way better than Danm Halle Berry! But the Queen of Midland I dont think Cate Blanchett would be a good choice, I would probably think Anjelica Huston could play her. But Seriously I am not sure who would get the roles if this was ever made into a movie

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
jepn30 said:
You're retarded. I hate you. This idea is so fucking awful that those who read it risk developing terminal cancer.
First of all we don't need any name calling b/c everyone has a right to their own opinion. If you don't agree with it, fine thats your deal. I don't need the rude remarks.

jepn30 said:
]
As a long time film fan/student and graphic novel reader (of which Manga is a subset) and as a relatively new Berserk fan (three years is a drop in the bucket compared to many others, though I love the story I am not going to act as if I were here from the fucking beginning of fucking time) I can't thank the heavens enough that a great deal of posters on this forum (and you know who you are) have no control over such an endeavor if it is ever to occur. Once I hear the title Berserk and the performer known as "The Rock" (especially in regard to Guts) in the same sentence, I check out - you absolutely lose me. I am not trying to be mean - but if you want to piss people off suggest the Rock.

Once again we don't need the name calling. This is supposed to be a message board where we share ideas and have fun. I am sure there other qualified actors to play the part but the Rock or Karl sticks out my mind as being Guts. If you want to provide some input on this then go ahead i would love to hear your ideas on who would be the perfect actor/acteress

jepn30 said:
As far as a big screen adaption - it is impractical. Maybe adaptation of Manga into live action will really take off if Battle Angel is successful; but even then - you will be hard pressed to find any studio willing to put the type of budget you'd need for a progress of this magnitude, behind a existentially dark, extremely and unrelentingly violent (both martially and sexually) story. In which rape, incest, and torture are major themes. Let's be realistic the money needed for a film adaption of a series of this scale (filmed concurrently is a lot), is more than most would want to spend on something so obscure and violent. That is reality.

Again we share our ideas about what we would like to see in the Berserk universe for fun. I don't see why you have to start bashing other people for their ideas and opinions.

I think all of the suggestions for the actors are fitting, except for Orlando Bloom and The Rock as Griffith and Gutts, specifically. The Rock i dont think would be able to pull off the acting portion as well as would be needed. Plus i'd be paranoid about him pulling an eyebrow move in the film. I can't really see Orlando Bloom as a bad guy either, he's more of a Pirates of the Caribbean hero-type actor.

As far as director, I have no problem with Peter Jackson but I never thought of Ridley Scott, he'd be a great director also. His movies are closer in tone to Berserk than Jacksons.

Plus, even though a Berserk movie will probably never be made, its still fun to just talk about it :)

I pray to the Idea that a Berserk motion picture isn't made. You could compare it to Alan Moore's Watchmen...the most accurate medium it should be experienced in is through the comic/manga. Nothing else will do it the justice it truly deserves. We've seen this with the anime. It works as a detailed commercial for the manga, but still falls a bit short. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of overdone CG and hollywood 'in crowd' actors butchering one of the best stories out there. If a motion picture has to be made...a high budget, in depth OVA series is the only thing worth it. Now, to contradict everything I've just said...Griffith's Dolf poster is amazing. :zodd:

xbigvmanx said:
First of all we don't need any name calling b/c everyone has a right to their own opinion. If you don't agree with it, fine thats your deal. I don't need the rude remarks.

Based on the outrageous claim that those who read your proposition to have The Rock play Guts, all were at risk of developing terminal cancer. I think it's pretty obvious that I was being somewhat facetious. I don't actually think you're retarded, nor do I actually hate you, nor do I actually believe that those reading the post will develop mother-fucking cancer.

xbigvmanx said:
Once again we don't need the name calling. This is supposed to be a message board where we share ideas and have fun. I am sure there other qualified actors to play the part but the Rock or Karl sticks out my mind as being Guts. If you want to provide some input on this then go ahead i would love to hear your ideas on who would be the perfect actor/acteress

I actually didn't call anyone a "name" in the piece that you replied to here, further I said I didn't have much of a problem with your Carl Urban suggestion (he doesn't stand out as THE PERFECT CHOICE, but he seems like he could carry a picture).

xbigvmanx said:
Again we share our ideas about what we would like to see in the Berserk universe for fun. I don't see why you have to start bashing other people for their ideas and opinions.

I maintain that the only bashing that I really did was in regard to the selection of the Rock and my assailing of Halle Berry's acting abilities (which had nothing to do with you). I am all for the free exchange of ideas, but people need to have a sense of humor.

Borgoff said:
I pray to the Idea that a Berserk motion picture isn't made.

Yeah i honestly hope that theres never one made either because of the same reasons everyone else has stated before, I just find it entertaining to talk about it though in a hypothetical fashion.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Outside the manga, opera could be one of the only mediums to properly represent Berserk.  Come on, think about it, the tragedy, the drama, the extravagant costumes and detailed sets!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
Outside the manga, opera could be one of the only mediums to properly represent Berserk. Come on, think about it, the tragedy, the drama, the extravagant costumes and detailed sets!
Well, I'd see it :guts: I think a more abstract medium like Opera would work since it leaves room for the imagination.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I don't know. Opera would seem much more promising then a live action movie, but I think Berserk would make a good play rather then Opera. Or maybe I just can't think of many song-like opera moments for them to come up with, but hey I'd still see it. :carcus:

Kagami

Goo!
IsolatioN said:
I don't know. Opera would seem much more promising then a live action movie, but I think Berserk would make a good play rather then Opera. Or maybe I just can't think of many song-like opera moments for them to come up with, but hey I'd still see it.  :carcus:

I'm writing the score as we speak :D

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
IsolatioN said:
I don't know. Opera would seem much more promising then a live action movie, but I think Berserk would make a good play rather then Opera. Or maybe I just can't think of many song-like opera moments for them to come up with, but hey I'd still see it.  :carcus:

As long as it were an opera and not a musical.  At least the entire plot is represented through singing instead of people suddenly breaking out in song and dance.  :troll:  Anyway, I'd see a good Berserk opera before a ham-fisted Berserk movie any day. 

TheSkyTraveller said:
As long as it were an opera and not a musical.  At least the entire plot is represented through singing instead of people suddenly breaking out in song and dance.  :troll:  Anyway, I'd see a good Berserk opera before a ham-fisted Berserk movie any day. 

Yeah thats the main reason why i dont care for musicals. How people spontaneously sing and then go back to being normal. It bothers me. But yes, Berserk has more of the feel of an opera.

Top Bottom