Berserk on a motion picture?!?!?

jepn30 said:
I was simply referring to this films use of black and white - not the use of 3d models. I guess the simplest way to explain what I was thinking of is an Anime (OVA, etc.), done in Black, White, and Grey.

Its an interesting idea, but commercially it wouldnt be too great an idea. Lots of people would be stupid and not want to see it because its in black and white. Kind of like how some people didnt want to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because it had subtitles, which is a shame cause its an awesome movie.

TheBeast43105 said:
Its an interesting idea, but commercially it wouldnt be too great an idea. Lots of people would be stupid and not want to see it because its in black and white.
I hear Sin City made $29,120,273 its opening weekend. :schierke:

Walter said:
She could be Casca, you know :troll: They're both of questionable ethnicity.

If live-action Berserk movie had Jessica Alba in it, I would've loved to see how the producers and the director would handled Casca's rape scene during the Eclipse.

Dekant said:
If she's Casca, could you imagine the line of actors who want to be Griffith/Femto? I'm first, I called it!

Hey, hey, Casca's rape at Eclipse was supposed to be done to her by Femto. What is this, a gang rape?

Slightly Green said:
I hear Sin City made $29,120,273 its opening weekend. :schierke:

How did i know someone would mention that movie. Now besides that and perhaps Raging Bull (not sure what that made)  very very little main-stream movies have been made in black and white because it turns lots of people off.   And the all-star cast of Sin City helped it just a teeny bit  as well.

Of course. I just focused on Femto because that's what was mentioned before I  posted. I'd actually prefer to play Guts(no chance in hell though), but I didn't expect my comment to even get a response, let alone a clarifying one.

Walter said:
She could be Casca, you know  :troll:  They're both of questionable ethnicity.

Jessica Albas ethnicity bugged me since she is amazingly beautiful I personally think but i didnt know what the hell she was!!!

She is half mexican, and a quarter of both french and danish.

I made this statement knowing that the idea of Black and White animation would be pretty divisive. I only suggested it because I found the idea fascinating - I would highly doubt it would ever be considered. But since the likely-hood of Berserk making a jump to the film/animation medium anytime soon is slim, it's fun to think about something a little different.

Well, with enough artificial tan from those Hollywood tanning salons, and with her hair cut short and dyed black, I'd say Jessica Alba would make a good Casca.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Christ, I make ONE joking comment and it spawns 8 shitty replies? ... I hate this thread.

These casting choice have been done to death. Why won't this thread die?!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Christ, I make ONE joking comment and it spawns 8 shitty replies? ... I hate this thread.

because misery loves company. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:

Y'know what would be cool? opera.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That's so funny that I lowered your postcounts for the occasion. Now I'll be deleting any future shitty reply in this thread, and if it doesn't get any good one after a while it'll be a lock.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, no movie is being made. This thread is just a "what-if" kind of thing. That's why it's in the speculation section.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I think a Berserk film is going to need a lot of unknown, and VERY talented indivduals in the main roles. I wouldn't be adverse to say, Elijah wood as Judeu or Sean Connery as the king of Midland, (snicker) but I can't think of anyone who could bring the right mix of psychotic rage, war like physique, and self doubt to Guts and remain a sympathetic character.

The same goes for Griffith. What actor has the poise, presence, and acting chops to bring a philosophical conqeror turned hell spawned demon to life and make it truly moving?

One of the reasons Berserk works so well in its delivery is how larger than life, yet tragically vunerable its cast is, and that would be harder to translate to film than any of the creatures, locations, or blood spatters.

If someone ever does get on this, I hope really take the original work to heart and don't try to underplay the human aspect.

Locus of Agony said:
I can't think of anyone who could bring the right mix of psychotic rage, war like physique, and self doubt to Guts and remain a sympathetic character.

John_Travolta_in_The_Boy_in_the_Plastic_Bubble_4.jpg

Top Bottom