Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redskins

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

El_Spico11

The power of death is intoxicating...
I know this is out of nowhere, but I'm just curious on what people think. My vote was for the Seahawks, but I'm an Eagles fan :judo:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Its gotta be Da Bears! Sorry, I'm just saying that cuz I'm from Chicago. Realistically, I don't imagine the Colts losing to any team. So my pick is the Colts. Peyton Manning is the man and the greatest actor in the history of sports. (Did you see any of his commercials? Lol!)

El_Spico11

handsome rakshas said:
Peyton Manning is the man and the greatest actor in the history of sports. (Did you see any of his commercials? Lol!)

LOL! Simply hilarious. Well actually I think Chicago has a very good chance, their defence is unmatched, but they need to improve their offence.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
El_Spico11 said:
LOL! Simply hilarious. Well actually I think Chicago has a very good chance, their defence is unmatched, but they need to improve their offence.
Yeah, the problem is the bears haven't had a great QB since....well....ever since I've been alive. And to the guy who's like "What about Jim McMahon?" Well, he sucked.He was good at one thing though... RAPPIN!

mcmahon.gif

I'm the punky QB, known as McMahon.
When I hit the turf, I've got no plan.
I just throw my body all over the field.
I can't dance, but, I can throw the pill.
I motivate the cats, I like to tease.
I play so cool, I aim to please.
That's why you all got here on the double,
To catch me doin' the Superbowl Shuffle.

El_Spico11

LOL yea McMahon is pretty bad. He's actually the 2nd string QB for the Eagles, might be a different McMahon but I doubt it. All he does is run around the field getting sacked or fumbling the ball. The Eagles could have kept the Redskins out of the playoffs if it wasn't for that meddlin' McMahon! :miura:

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yup, I'm a Chicago guy too. (well Aurora, but it's close enough and #2 in size). So I've gotta go with the Bears. Their defense should pull through like they have all season. At the very least it won't be as dissappointing as 2001 when they lost to philadelphia right away. Who knows, if Grossman stays healthy maybe he'll really step it up in the postseason. But anyway, yeah I'd agree that the colts have the best chance...as long as they don't choke...which they won't.

The only reason I'm not a Chicago Bears fan is because my parents are ardent supporters of anything Chicago (we live in Normal, IL), and I usually just support whatever team they're going up against out of spite.

NFL-wise, I'm a Packers' fan, but I have no allusions of them really getting anywhere for a while.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Not a huge football fan ( i like to play, rather than watch). But I do enjoy the superbowl...

Voted for the redskins 'cause that was mah granpappy's team.

...they don't stand a chance, do they?
awww :judo:

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
That stupid Chicago Bears shuffle, Rap whatever you want to call it... Good lord, I've only lived here for 5 years and I am already sick of hearing the damn thing.  Seriously, how many TV documentaries do we need to see about a 20 year old gig???  Anyways, although I would like to assist to a Superbowl myself here in IL, my take would be Seahawks.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I gotta go with the Colts. To anyone who wants to point at that 2 game skid, it should be noted that over half their defense was sitting, including 3 of the 4 Linemen. When they are fired up, they are the scariest team in the NFL.

As for the Seahawks, they're good, but they aren't heads and shoulders above the competetion.

And I've got two words that make me doubt the Bears' defense: Steelers game.

Begemot

CnC said:
Not a huge football fan ( i like to play, rather than watch). But I do enjoy the superbowl...

Voted for the redskins 'cause that was mah granpappy's team.

...they don't stand a chance, do they?
awww :judo:

I wouldn't count them out to make the Super Bowl. While the Seahawks have to be the NFC favorites, the Redskins are hot right now, and the gap between Seattle and the rest of the NFC is not very big.

And speaking of bowls, how about that Rose Bowl?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Woland said:
And speaking of bowls, how about that Rose Bowl?

Not a fan of college ball but I watched that whole game. I almost pee'd myself when Texas came from 12 points down and stole that sucker. That was the first college game I ever watched and I was very impressed.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, well I think USC will win the Superbowl, even though they're a college team, obviously aren't eligible in to play in the NFL playoffs, and I didn't even think they'd beat Texas. BUT, they're closer to my house than any NFL team, so, logically, I think it'll be them for sure! If not, the Raiders (whut yuo gunna do when Randy "Raider" Moss & Raider Nation gunna run all over youGO!!!OMH@!) or the 49ers (they have #1 draft pick Alex "Small Hands" Smith)! Forget that they didn't make the playoffs and are awful, they're My team; so, of couse they'll win. Go Niners in the Superbowl! =)

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yeah, the ending of that rose bowl was definitely not what I had predicted. Boy did that face mask on 3 and 12 screw USC. Really though, I didn't think there was anyway they would come back. I thought for sure USC would get the first down conversion on that 4th and short play, but when you run up the middle almost all night, the defense is eventually going to stop you, it just happened at the most crucial point in the game. In the end I guess Texas just made less mistakes, or at least less costly mistakes. I dunno though, I'm not so sure Vince Young will be able to walk into the endzone like that in the pros... Hey, the Bears need a QB... how about him!

As a longtime Raiders fan - as long as the Donks don't win I'll be happy. :troll:

I actually enjoyed the Orange Bowl more than the Rose Bowl. It's rare to see some good defence when the youngsters are playing - this was blood and thunder though with some amazing hits being dished out.

Vince Young, however... :isidro:

Begemot

It's hard to predict who will win some of the games this weekend.

I have to give the nod to the Panthers over the Bears, mainly based off of QB experience in the playoffs. If the Panthers can get a semblence of a running game going, just to keep the Bears from totally teeing off on Delhomme, I think they can take it, plus they're coming off of absolutely bitching the Giants.

Well, I can't really explain this one, but I'm picking the Redskins over Seattle. Just a gut feeling.

I'm torn on the Pats and Broncs. After all, the Pats have Belichek, who is excellent in gameplanning rematches, and Brady (well, really the whole Pats organization) has just been money in the playoffs. Still it's in Denver, and they have been damn good this year. I'll go with the Broncos.

Finally, the Steelers just exploded last week for 31 making this look like a good game. But then I remember two things:
1. The Bengals suck on defense against good teams.
2. The Colts are fucking scary when their starters suit up.

The Colts might start off a little slowly due to rust, but they're taking it.

Begemot

Well, I'm 1-1 so far this weekend. Funniest play was when the kicker forced a fumble. You just know that return man will get all sorts of shit for that.

Well, the Super Bowl threepeat is still unattained.

Top Bottom