Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

• Panthers

• Redskins

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
I'm 6 for 6 in the playoffs so far  :carcus: --- sometimes gambling is fun  :guts:

I've picked Indy and Carolina for tomorrow. So one upset on the weekend I'm counting on. Go you Panthers!

Disappointing effort by the Patsies today - Broncos are a solid unit - but if Indy get by the Steelers tomorrow I think they'll kill the Donks.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
ahh man, Pats aren't going to make it. *sigh* guess the winning spree ends at a Dynesty.

So, I guess I have my money on Chicago :carcus:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I have just witnessed perhaps the greatest game I ever seen. It went from utter despair to utter joy and then back to despair. I weep for the Colts.
But, the Bears are starting soon so I have to get the football spirit back.

Edit- Well, the Bears are off to a great start. Losing by 7 and Carolina has the ball on the 35 yard line. :judo:

Once Bettis fumbled I thought it was meant to be for the Colts. They should have run it! :puck:

Now the Donks could win the whole thing :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I guess I'm the only one not surprised since I've watched the Colts choke in the playoffs every year (why does nobody address this? it's like taking Buffalo in the Super Bowl year after year), I'm only suprised the Steelers didn't give the game away like they usually do (and almost did). Someone had to win, I guess. It's fitting though, no Brady = no Manning. They're each other's destiny.

Anyway, this is just part of a much bigger phenomenon: The Year of the Moustache!

Those pretty boys didn't have a chance, and now that they're rightly eliminated, it's time for Jake "The Snake/Mistake" Plummer and "Big" Ben Roethsfdsgsfsberger to duke it out in the Battle of the Beards next Sunday! Hells yeah!!! :zodd:

P.S. I have a good feeling about the Lakers tomorrow.

I think James Dungy's suicide took it out of them more than they'd care to admit.

I don't think anyone is too shocked by the result - Steelers are a good side - consistently always there.

I'll take Big Ben over Jake the Fake thanks (purely on a QB basis, no homo-eroticism inferred in that statement).

P.S. - Go the Heat.

Griffith

w00t said:
I think James Dungy's suicide took it out of them more than they'd care to admit.

Yeah, they looked real "choked up" about it (especially Vanderjack at the end there). Okay, I'm a dick; but like I said, they need to go through the Patriots, anyway.

w00t said:
I don't think anyone is too shocked by the result - Steelers are a good side - consistently always there.

Trust me, people are shocked; especially the refs that handed the game over to the Colts a couple of times. C'mon, they're the first sixth seed to ever advance this far, and they didn't win playing their consistant game (which was inconsistant all season with injuries), Big Ben had an awesome first half passing to give the Steelers the space they needed and it was just enough. I hope his arm is okay, or...

w00t said:
I'll take Big Ben over Jake the Fake thanks (purely on a QB basis, no homo-eroticism inferred in that statement).

Haha, I forgot about "the fake." My prediction is the quarterback with the best beard will come out on top.

DXF11401150334.jpg

There's something about Jake "The Snake" (left), Superbowl MVP, that appeals to me.​

w00t said:
P.S. - Go the Heat.

A lot of big "the Heat" fans in Auckland, huh? =)

"Griffith No More!" said:
Trust me, people are shocked; especially the refs that handed the game over to the Colts a couple of times. C'mon, they're the first sixth seed to ever advance this far, and they didn't win playing their consistant game (which was inconsistant all season with injuries), Big Ben had an awesome first half passing to give the Steelers the space they needed and it was just enough. I hope his arm is okay, or...

Steelers came into the game on a 5 game win streak including a win in Chicago – they are an established unit with a great defence, therefore I don’t see why people are so shocked at the result? I won’t deny it’s an upset – but it's hardly a big one -Indy limped into the playoffs and haven’t looked convincing for a month.

A lot of big "the Heat" fans in Auckland, huh? =)
haha - but, yes, there probably are quite a few here. I'm not one of them though - I was just goading you  :guts: 

Plenty of Laker bandwagon boys though...they should stick to supporting our National side - because we were good enough to finish ahead of the States in the last World Championships......

Back on topic,
Hard luck Bears fans.

Griffith

w00t said:
Steelers came into the game on a 5 game win streak including a win in Chicago – they are an established unit with a great defence, therefore I don’t see why people are so shocked at the result?

Maybe because they played totally out of their minds and the Colts came out flat and they still barely won the game on a missed kick in the waning seconds?

Last time we saw the Steelers in the playoffs they had gone 15-1, did everything they could to lose to the Jets (the Jets did more on this front though), and were then promtly embarassed by the Patriots, at home. I guess I'm not shocked only because they aren't at home where they tend to do these things regularly, and don't tell me you didn't get that familiar "the Steelers are giving the game away" feeling after The Bus committed his first fumble of the year. So, like I said, they didn't win by way of their consistancy; it was what was different that won them the game. Namely, Ben 2.0 was the difference, he was out there doing his Tom Brady impression in the first half, and made the game saving tackle at the end. Hell, even Cowher was going for it on fourth down, twice in a row, which may have very well made the difference in the final outcome. That's not pure Steelers football, but it's what they needed to win against the Colts.

w00t said:
I won’t deny it’s an upset – but it's hardly a big one -Indy limped into the playoffs and haven’t looked convincing for a month.

True, the Colts showed everyone their ass against the Chargers, but you can't count the last two games against them (other than rust) because they weren't even playing. Oh, and they always lose in the playoffs, anyway. =)

w00t said:
haha - but, yes, there probably are quite a few here. I'm not one of them though - I was just goading you  :guts: 

Tsk tsk, well, I'm not going to be goaded on this front; it's still the Heat's game to lose. There's no reason the Lakers should beat that Heat roster other than Kobe going MJ on them (which is becoming the norm, lately). But, it's an important game, last time the Lakers lost to them they fell into a terrible slump.

w00t said:
they should stick to supporting our National side - because we were good enough to finish ahead of the States in the last World Championships......

That's not an accomplishment. =)

Speaking of which, what's the World think of our new "serious" approach to the international game where we'll even practice a few times and actually put the top tier players in the game (I'm of the mind that the stubborn ways of Larry Brown was the final nail in the coffin to team USA's chances, the team didn't have a lot of top veterans, but it also had LeBron, Wade, Amare and Carmelo... sitting on the bench).

w00t said:
Back on topic,
Hard luck Bears fans.

What a mediocre defense. :guts:

P.S. In the Year of the Moustache, all must fear...
cowher_57663.jpg

Cowher Power!​

Geez, with him and now Big Ben... the Steeler's have the double deuce.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yeah, that colts loss was something else. I dunno, sometimes I like watching the big time favorite lose.

Anyway, I guess all of that bad Karma caught up with me for that Bears game. Boy did that suck. Tillman just looked like a high school cheerleader most of the night. How much better can you make Steve smith look? I kept waiting for a huge defensive score but it just didn't happen tonight. They kept it interesting once they started playing well at the end of the first half and start of the second. It was just too little too late I guess. Maybe that bye week wasn't such a good thing for them...or the colts either.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Damn, I'm batting an even .500, shit.

I'm calling Carolina and Pittsburg to win then. But Pittsburg should fear the kicker. Sauerbrun shall smite thy return man mightily.

BTW, is what's Alexander's status?

Maybe because they played totally out of their minds and the Colts came out flat and they still barely won the game on a missed kick in the waning seconds?

Last time we saw the Steelers in the playoffs they had gone 15-1, did everything they could to lose to the Jets (the Jets did more on this front though), and were then promtly embarassed by the Patriots, at home. I guess I'm not shocked only because they aren't at home where they tend to do these things regularly, and don't tell me you didn't get that familiar "the Steelers are giving the game away" feeling after The Bus committed his first fumble of the year. So, like I said, they didn't win by way of their consistancy; it was what was different that won them the game. Namely, Ben 2.0 was the difference, he was out there doing his Tom Brady impression in the first half, and made the game saving tackle at the end. Hell, even Cowher was going for it on fourth down, twice in a row, which may have very well made the difference in the final outcome. That's not pure Steelers football, but it's what they needed to win against the Colts.

Fairy nuff. But don’t give me that “game saving tackle” crap – he got in the way – and even had he missed with his lame effort – there was a Steeler there to nail Harper. Hmmmmmm -  I guess I’m just pissed that the Colts blew my perfect record in the playoffs, and in the process the Donks are going to host the title game. Bastards. Still, I haven't seen a better 6th seed in the playoffs than this Steelers outfit. The AFC is just ridiculously  loaded with talent at the mo. 

Tsk tsk, well, I'm not going to be goaded on this front; it's still the Heat's game to lose. There's no reason the Lakers should beat that Heat roster other than Kobe going MJ on them (which is becoming the norm, lately). But, it's an important game, last time the Lakers lost to them they fell into a terrible slump.

Heat by 12  :casca:

Speaking of which, what's the World think of our new "serious" approach to the international game where we'll even practice a few times and actually put the top tier players in the game (I'm of the mind that the stubborn ways of Larry Brown was the final nail in the coffin to team USA's chances, the team didn't have a lot of top veterans, but it also had LeBron, Wade, Amare and Carmelo... sitting on the bench).

Tim Duncan obviously doesn’t like it – his press release came very quickly on the heels of USA Basketball announcing that players would have to give a 3 year commitment to the team. I like Coach K (albeit I support the Wildcats in College hoops) – I just hope he doesn’t try and run the offense through his good friend Kobe (OK, more unnecessary goading). The USA in the recent past have tried to impose their “unique” style on other teams. Unfortunately other teams know how to shoot from behind the arc – whilst the States never seem to have a reliable outside shooter in their ranks, and for that they get killed.

A well-drilled USA side would be a pleasure to watch, albeit I'd still be cheering for your mob to get dicked...

World Championship draw came out today. NZ in a favourable pool, as are the States :troll:

Woland said:
Damn, I'm batting an even .500, shit.

I'm calling Carolina and Pittsburg to win then. But Pittsburg should fear the kicker. Sauerbrun shall smite thy return man mightily.

BTW, is what's Alexander's status?

Good call - Come on the Steelers and Panthers!

Alexander, from what I've read, will play.

Griffith

w00t said:
Fairy nuff. *Big Ben bitterness*

Sure thing. =)

w00t said:
Heat by 12  :casca:

The Heat won by 13 in last year's post Christmas rematch on March 17th, but that was in Miami. Lakers were 32-32 going into that game, and they only won one more game after that; so, I ceratinly hope THAT doesn't happen this year. =)

Other two games have come down to the final seconds (and the Lakers played awful in Miami this year, amazing they were actually ahead with a minute left).

w00t said:
Tim Duncan obviously doesn’t like it – his press release came very quickly on the heels of USA Basketball announcing that players would have to give a 3 year commitment to the team. I like Coach K (albeit I support the Wildcats in College hoops) – I just hope he doesn’t try and run the offense through his good friend Kobe (OK, more unnecessary goading). The USA in the recent past have tried to impose their “unique” style on other teams. Unfortunately other teams know how to shoot from behind the arc – whilst the States never seem to have a reliable outside shooter in their ranks, and for that they get killed.

A well-drilled USA side would be a pleasure to watch, albeit I'd still be cheering for your mob to get dicked...

I don't know about coach K (never coached pros, but he should tap Elton Brand for the team), Mike D'Antoni seems perfect, so at least he's on the staff. Anyway, I hope they run the offense through LeBron James and he and Kobe form a devasting partnership leading to LeBron's bolting Cleaveland for the Lakers. :zodd:

Griffith

Thanks, we allknow it's the REAL story of Berserk. :carcus:

Oh, and I just added ginormous and stupid Beast-Kong sig, probably to be removed shortly.

Anyway, none of the currently contending teams except the Seahawks got a vote, and they're considered the weakest team left. But, maybe that consideration and the vote will cancel each other out and propel them to Superbowl glory! =)

SMZKAH

Well the Steelers are in, and now Seattle is walking all over Carolina. We'll see how that one ends up, but right now I'm picking Seattle to win the game, and then the superbowl.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I never thought I'd see the day...Seattle Seahawks goin' to the Superbowl!!!! What a game, too. Didn't expect them to win by that much (they were favored to win by 9), but damn they played well. I'm very excited that a Seattle sports team is going to a championship game within my lifetime. :guts:

SMZKAH

Rhombaad said:
I never thought I'd see the day...Seattle Seahawks goin' to the Superbowl!!!! What a game, too. Didn't expect them to win by that much (they were favored to win by 9), but damn they played well. I'm very excited that a Seattle sports team is going to a championship game within my lifetime. :guts:

Yep, that was quite a victory. That defense pretty much shut down that Carolina offense for most of the game. Hell, if they play like that next week, it shouldn't even be close. Seattle is definitely my pick, but I still think the Bears could've pulled it off, ya know, if things had gone well enough. Sigh.

Hey, didn't the Seattle Supersonics play the Bulls one year in the NBA championship? I dunno, memories from when the Bulls were good are fading fast...

SMZKAH said:
Hell, if they play like that next week, it shouldn't even be close. 

Except the Panthers and Steelers are totally different sides...plus next week there isn't even a game on   :serpico:

Give the AFC a little credit, it has been the best conference for quite some time now.

However, I don't really care who wins - Jake the Fake was true to form - and the Donks are staying home  :guts:

SMZKAH said:
Hey, didn't the Seattle Supersonics play the Bulls one year in the NBA championship? I dunno, memories from when the Bulls were good are fading fast...

Yup, 10 years ago now  :isidro: Thankfully I haven't let myself go like Shawn Kemp has...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
can't believe that I would be in a lifetime that the Seahawks would be going to the super bowl. I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of people missing work. Hell I remember when the Marines made it to the playoffs in 96! There was hardly anyone at my school those weeks!

Anyways though, this makes me miss Ivars Clam Chowder .... Mmmmm

http://www.ivars.net

Educate yourselfs!

Top Bottom