CnColors

CnC

Ad Oculos
CnColors - Elves

Hey guys and gals,
Just finished this sucker. Thanks to aaz for helping critique it along the way (I'm sure he's sick of this thing by now :guts:).
This was pretty much the kind of thing I was planning to do for the 1000th post but I was pretty busy, so I missed it. Ah well...

Anyway I was trying to represent Puck and Evarella in a different style, rather than just stick to the style Miura has already perfected. Pretty much all done in photoshop. Enjoy

elves.jpg

Elves​

Link to a larger version (1280*1024)

Re: CnColors - Elves

Well done very good art!I'd say that the toe Puck's front leg are weird...a little too long and I dont like the hairs either otherway the anatomy is good and the colors are "fresh"(adding light on the wing would give a more fairy look to the picture btw)!
Cool to see good drawers anyway :serpico: How long does it take you to make this?

CnC

Ad Oculos

Mad Angel Loki said:
Cool to see good drawers anyway :serpico: How long does it take you to make this?

Thanks. Hard to say, been working on it off and on for the past 2 weeks or so.

puella

Berserk forever

You must have worked hard on it. Nice try, CnC. :serpico: It's great because it follows your own style.

Puck's muscular and glossy body is impressing. :isidro: And I also like his innocent look. As for the wings, I like them and they're detailed but I'd go for a more transparent effect.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Thanks to all for the comments!

puella said:
And I also like his innocent look.

Thanks! That face was something I was wrestling with for the longest time. Probably would have been done a week early had I been able to get it sooner. I agree about the wings. Ah well, next time :serpico:

Headless Death said:
Amazingly beautiful. Truly enjoy the look on Everella's face. :)

Thanks. I'm glad the look worked.

fuxberg said:
but puck looks soo gay.. lol

Well, I suppose a naked male with fairy wings and fairy dust can come off looking homosexual, despite it not being my intent. But thanks for the comments

Aazealh said:
Not the easiest project, so congrats on your perseverance. :serpico:

Thanks for yours. :serpico:

Puck has the body of a Greek adonis! :isidro:

Nice picture you made there of the 2 elves. I'm sure Puck and Evarella would be amused with their life-like figures. :puck:

Got any other plans for interpretations of other characters?

CnC

Ad Oculos

Jhot obs said:
Got any other plans for interpretations of other characters?

Thanks. Sure, I always do doodles that make me think "this would be a good one to render out".

For the moment I'm working on landscapes and other color studies. But hopefully soon. Perhaps a recolor before another rendering. Dunno.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Well CnC...I like it...I like it a lot. It's an interesting look at what Puck's appearance would be in our world. As long as he remains in Midland, he will probably continue to look like a chestnut. :puck:

CnC

Ad Oculos

Rhombaad said:
Well CnC...I like it...I like it a lot. It's an interesting look at what Puck's appearance would be in our world. As long as he remains in Midland, he will probably continue to look like a chestnut. :puck:

Thanks rhombaad. I tried to maintain that "chestnut" appearance without going crazy with it.

CnC said:
Hey guys and gals,
Just finished this sucker.  Thanks to aaz for helping critique it along the way (I'm sure he's sick of this thing by now :guts:).
This was pretty much the kind of thing I was planning to do for the 1000th post but I was pretty busy, so I missed it.  Ah well...

Anyway I was trying to represent Puck and Evarella in a different style, rather than just stick to the style Miura has already perfected.  Pretty much all done in photoshop. Enjoy

http://www.mattbrowning.com/berserk/elves.jpg

Elves

Link to a larger version (1280*1024)

great job.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head

fuxberg said:
but puck looks soo gay.. lol
I think metrosexual would be a better term, but yes, most definately.

Great job though, as you mentioned, making Puck look manly would be a challenge unmatched in difficulty.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Vaxillus said:
Great job though, as you mentioned, making Puck look manly would be a challenge unmatched in difficulty.

Thanks for the comments.
But I think making him look manly would be a mistake. Or at least against character.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

CnC said:
But I think making him look manly would be a mistake. Or at least against character.

It would indeed, Miura's drawing him with a kid's body too. Anyway, why would he be metrosexual? He's just naked and hairless :isidro:, because he's you know, an elf (actually asexual). Get over it guys.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ

Now THAT was something completely different! I'm really amazed, to say the least :isidro:
Keep up the good work, your style surely hits the mark^^

And sorry about me replying rather late..somehow i must have missed this thread..well, better late than never, heh^^

Top Bottom