CnColors

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a fan of the Ganishka one as you know, it's awesome. I really like what you did with it. Second one doesn't quite do it for me though, but since it's a test I won't criticize it. :void:

Yo C! Nice stuff man. I love the Ganishka one, the lil bit of fire (or at least the glow of fire) really sells me on this one. And the way you handled Daiba and the flying thing (its 4 in the mornin...im tired) is kick ass....good color choice BTW. One thing to say tho, sorry, top left hand corner...there's a line that sticks out near what would be Ganishka's shoulder. You see it?

The second page...doesn't look like your work...not bad just dif...but like u said and Aaz pointed out...it's a test project.

Anyways...stop keeping the CnC fans waiting so long for colorizations. Post more often damnit!!!!!!! yea i said it      WHAT?!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for all your comments, people. I greatly appreciate it.

Proj2501 said:
One thing to say tho, sorry, top left hand corner...there's a line that sticks out near what would be Ganishka's shoulder. You see it?

I see it. Good eye. I've fixed it and re-uploaded. Thats the downside of my usual method of painting these from the get go. Things like lighting are quick to bang out but some of the details could be left in the dust. Not to mention I only allowed myself 2 hours to do this page 'cause I have other work that needs to get done. Believe it or not the second one took longer (roughly 4 hours over the course of a week or so) since I'm trying different methods.

Aazealh said:
Second one doesn't quite do it for me though, but since it's a test I won't criticize it. :void:

Proj2501 said:
The second page...doesn't look like your work...not bad just dif...but like u said and Aaz pointed out...it's a test project.

no no no. please do crit. I realize it's just a test page and there are things wrong with it that I'm aware of. But just like the brush stroke in Ganishka I'd love to hear all aspects of how it could be improved or what isn't doing it for you. Can't promise I'll fix 'em but I'd love to here comments as I continue doing these tests.

Again, thanks everyone.

CnC

Ad Oculos
grendelrt said:
Wallpapers? 1680x1050 and 1280x1024?? I use your pics for my home and work wallpapers hehe.

The aspect ratio is a bit strange for wallpapers (definitely doesn't really work for widescreen)

But heres a FULL REZ version. Do with it what you like. Thanks thinking well enough of it to use it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great work. I really like the Ganishka one. The color in that shot definitely brings out some of the finer details in the drawing that I'd previously overlooked. For example, the waves almost have a new texture in your rendition. They really shine. The highlight on that ship's mast on the far right is no slouch either.

Once again, you're the king of realistic colorizations.

PS: Made it my wallpaper :guts:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I'm scraping my jaw off the floor here, the reflection on the water, everything else you've done, you really add to the art like a pro with your colors. Hats off, man.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Great work as always.

While I think the first one is technically fantastic, I can't help feeling like the colors are a bit bright. It almost seems like dawn which makes it seem almost cheerful despite the titanic angry cloud looming over Guts and Serpico. I'm not really sure now one would do this given the scene though, and everyone else seems to think it's fine so it's probably just me being opinionated.

I actually really like the second one. I think it was a bit more successful than the first Farnese test. The subtle colorings on the soldiers in the back are fantastic. My only suggestion would be to add a bit more contrast on Azan's helm. While I'd expect it to be very hard to achieve a metallic look with such muted colors, his helm is pretty flat compared to the other HICKs.

CnC

Ad Oculos
thanks for the comments and crits, people.

Vaxillus said:
While I think the first one is technically fantastic, I can't help feeling like the colors are a bit bright. It almost seems like dawn which makes it seem almost cheerful despite the titanic angry cloud looming over Guts and Serpico. I'm not really sure now one would do this given the scene though, and everyone else seems to think it's fine so it's probably just me being opinionated.

Thanks for the crits vax. I was treating Ganishka as a light source, thus the waters bright, the ship wreckage is practically in silohuette (with some light shining thru on the flags), light shown on Guts and Serp, ect. I suppose I could darken it a smidge and it'll still work. Once again, thanks for the suggestions.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hiya folks. Heres another pic in accordance with the rule implemented in the 276 thread :guts:

Cheers:

berserk_zodd.jpg

Zodd Perched​

Top Bottom