CnColors

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm digging the consistency you've brought to this thread. Keep em comin' :guts:

All I can say about this image is ... poor Ganishka :judo:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Thanks man.  Just how many desktops do you have!?   :guts:

FULL REZ version

Haha, well, that's my 18th Berserk wallpaper that I'm keeping in my Webshots gallery. I probably have another 200 (or more) wallpapers of which I choose one each day to use. It's been awhile since I've seen some of my old ones, as I'm adding new ones all the time. :void:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
'Odd request, mate.. but could you PM me or post the cleaned, uncoloured version? You did an excellent job redrawing that double-page spread!

As for the colouring -- well, it goes without saying how awesome it is. I really like that you did with the sky! I'd never have pictured green in my mind, but it works! Also, changing the colour of the "wind" when it overlaps another colour was a nifty idea so props for that. My only small critique would be that Griffith is too.. blue. I know I'm like a broke record with this, but maybe if the hair was whiter, with only slight blue shading, it would look a little varied? Be that as it may, this is a bosting piece -- especially given the short amount of time it took to produce. Another one for the archives, me thinks :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I appreciate it.

Uriel said:
'Odd request, mate.. but could you PM me or post the cleaned, uncoloured version? You did an excellent job redrawing that double-page spread!

Thanks. I'll get it to you when I get home.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Around 2200, so picture's due:

griffith_hero_285.jpg

Hero

FULL REZ version

Thanks for viewin'

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That's dang spectacular! For some reason, I find that Griffith's cape is very captivating in particular. :serpico:

S

smoke

Not bad at all.

How long does it take you to do a coloration like that? I'm just looking at everybody's beards and pupils and...just seems like a lot of work to a layman like me. But the result is grade-A.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the comments,people.

smoke said:
How long does it take you to do a coloration like that? I'm just looking at everybody's beards and pupils and...just seems like a lot of work to a layman like me. But the result is grade-A.

The process I use I've discribed in the Vagabond Tutorial I did a while back.

But for this pic it took me about 4 hours of work over the course of 2 days. About 2 hours for the flatting and 2 hours for the finalizing.
Thanks again

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Around 2200, so picture's due:

http://www.mattbrowning.com/berserk/colors/griffith_hero_285.jpg
Hero

Thanks for viewin'

Awesome stuff, as usual. :serpico: Could you post a high-rez version? The size of the picture you posted just doesn't do justice to your work, in my opinion.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah this page was definitely my favorite of the ep. It's one for the record books. Reminds me a lot of the end of the storm on Albion.

Great choice of colors here. The fact that the sun is setting is a nice thematic touch too.

I have to say, Sonia looks like the kid who just accidentally walked into a photo. "Oh, you were taking his picture? My bad. Here take it again. ... Oh, whoops I'm still in the frame. One more time... Whoops." :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the comments! I've uploaded a full rez of the color (I love having my laptop at work) per your request.

Thanks again.

also I'm finishing up (hopefully soon) another project berserk related. Its another departure from the usual coloring but I hope it'll turn out ok (I'm sure I've "bugged" Aaz enough about it).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Thanks for the comments! I've uploaded a full rez of the color (I love having my laptop at work) per your request.

You're more than welcome. Thanks for uploading the full-rez, it looks much better.

CnC said:
also I'm finishing up (hopefully soon) another project berserk related. Its another departure from the usual coloring but I hope it'll turn out ok (I'm sure I've "bugged" Aaz enough about it).

Looking forward to it! :serpico:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Looks good. Probably one of your best works. Had to be a lot of work doing all those soldiers too. I like the color choices.

CnC

Ad Oculos
vlad said:
Casca looks breathtaking but Enoch..... Me. Want. BIG. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

Thanks vlad. I posted a slightly larger version of the Enoch sketch.

Top Bottom