Screwing around with Flash

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
  Flash + Berserk = ugly (but fun)

http://www.lithrael.com/berserk/serpvgutstrans.html

ETA: my domain is down, click here instead.

http://vs02.justedge.net/~afn20039/berserk/serpvgutstrans.html

It's about 3 megs, but I didn't put in a preloader, so just wait a bit before you clicky clicky the DS.  I got through six pages before I got tired...  hehehee... 
  This was done to get myself familiar with Flash for another little Berserk project I've been working on with Mahlernut.  Hehehee again.
   I know sliding bitmaps around in Flash comes out ugly as hell but I can't help loving the small filesize...  If anyone has tips or tricks I'm listening!

CnC

Ad Oculos
very cool, Lith. Me likey!

but wheres the rest of the fight.. got me on the edge of my seat! And sound fx... and... and... music... :guts: I want more!

We need a part 2!!! :guts:

Looks great, as only following the darkhorse release so far it was my first time seeing this fight, and I think you did it quite well. Keep it up!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I like it. I'd prefer it without the added English dialogue though; "less talk, more fight". :void: Must be a pain but any other Flash animation like that one would be greatly appreciated.

Nice i really enjoyed that espectially since i have not seen that fight yet. I only import the manga when it is release by issue. So no Young Animal subsciption for me, but it was nice to see it ive heard of the fight and been wanting to see it.

Not only that but you did the flash greatly, played through smooth and flowed well. you have nothing to be ashamed of it was splendiferious!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Jesus Christ that was amazing. I demand you do every single fight scene in the manga! That was awesome, dude! If that was just screwing around I encourage you please screw some more!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
That was pretty cool, Lith. Hope you do some more but only if it doesn't take too much time away from your colorizations. :serpico:

It would be awesome if you could combine your talents with coloring with it and have the panels from the manga in your style of color, may take alot of work but It will be worth it, just a suggestion though.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Well hot damn, I'd wondered how this was coming along. If this is your warm-up, I can't wait to see how the "other project" will turn out :guts: One question; how'd you decide on the pacing of the frames? I'm messing around with matching various pieces of music to your animation as a fake soundtrack, but obviously it'll never really work since it's sorta working backwards to do things that way (I mean...unless someone actually wrote new music for what you've done). Did you have music or something in mind as you were editing, or were you just going with the rhythm that the panels implied to you? Awesome job, whatever the case!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I was using the pacing the frames suggested, that is, the time it took to read the action of the panel & all. That's why I stopped for the dialog, cause I don't know how to pace for that so well. If you have a cool piece of music that fits the action well, send me a copy and I'll re-pace the animation to it. :guts:

Also, Aaz, when I get the chance I'll upload the first draft of this, which is the same only with no dialog. :troll:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
That was really cool! It would be awesome if an entire volume could be done like that. so awesome :) Instead of scans we would have "Flash books"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
IsolatioN said:
It would be awesome if an entire volume could be done like that. so awesome :) Instead of scans we would have "Flash books"

Reminds me of something Griffith said once. It wasn't flattering. I think I'll stick to "real books" over both scans and "Flash books" myself. Not saying I mind a few complementary animations from time to time. :badbone:

Top Bottom