Bloody manga

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Just out of curiosity, has there been any manga that is as bloody if not more (and good story too) as berserk? I heared hellsing is pretty bloody and Blade of the Immortal is not as bloody as Berserk but nonetheless a very good series.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
The only manga I can think of is Blade of the Immortal. It definitely comes pretty close to Berserk (not sure if it's actually equal to it) as far as the graphic violence is concerned. Although Manji doesn't have a huge sword that he can just sweep across the battlefield, he does have plenty of blades. Most of his opponents end up as chunks of meat.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
blade of the immortal is bloody ... see the prologue with manji carrying his leg ?^^ anyway, the french version of boti is not well translated, the worst is the place of balloons, they're often reversed ... it makes you read longer than it should be ^^ i guess you've noticed, olivier, haven't you ?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Hokuto no Ken? I've never read the manga. But the anime was easily as bloody, and brutal as the Berserk manga.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
true !! almost forgot
hokuto no ken is flashbacks about hokuto and ken and bodies exploding
*apologizing for this summary*

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yeah, I mean, one of the first scenes is bandits murdering a family and stabbing a baby in the head, or something.

And then another involves Kenshiro punching someone in the face, and then having his brain explode.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
yyeeaaaahhh ! ;D

one of my fav scenes ( i'm more a fan of the beginning than the 'ken 2' part ) is in vol 1 against one of Shin's minion's captain *spoiler?*: he brokes his arms with bones aiming sky, and thumbs his head, when his thumbs get out, the guy has 3 sec before exploding !!! 8)

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I don't mind of a bloodier manga than berserk, it's just it has to be beautiful deaths and kills, well, take the manga as a whole, i mean...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I don't mind of a bloodier manga than berserk, it's just it has to be beautiful deaths and kills, well, take the manga as a whole, i mean...
can you please explain to me what a beautiful death or kill is?

bakaneko

can you please explain to me what a beautiful death or kill is?

there is no beautiful death i dont think since their figures are always skeletal. And you can get beautiful quill at fabric stores near you..

Lliugusamui

around the corner
death can be expressed by different ways, this the way to illustrate death that makes the death ...hmmm
bakaneko, are you on bowling ? ^^

bakaneko

no i was just having some fun ;D. beautiful death might be dying in a graceful way or die in a way that the body still remains flawlessly(without much damage) IMO.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
well for me death has no beauty or grace at all...
i think what u try to say is that bloody mangas aren t all the same...
there can be a difference concerning how people get killed or bloody scenes are built up....
so what i mean is the difference between just dumb splatting and messing around and stylish tough fights that might be bloody but get decided maybe through skills or tricky attacks rather than just through straight brutality...
as as berserk is concerned i think that miura found a good mixture of those different "bloody styles"so that u can find both of em all the way through the story so far...
thats another great point of berserk i think:the great variety of fighting styles!

bakaneko

Hope they dont start shooting hadoukens ;D. As of now I dont think there were things that gatts did(besides holding the sword) that a person couldnt do..after all gatts is human...

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Ken or Raoh could.

Well, maybe they wouldn't have any skill, but they could sure as hell swing it.

Top Bottom