...something special with the covers?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
i just recognized that one of the covers of the german translation series differs from the original cover of the berserk manga.

why is this?
is there a special reason or meaning for it ??
and are there even more covers to come with different style?

12.jpg

12.jpg

puella

Berserk forever
I don't know why but no doubt the cover of volume 12 of German berserk is pretty ridiculous. because the picture of Caska is about the one after vol. 17. Look at her hairstyle and speters behind her.
Vol. 12 is about pre-eclipse and the first half of eclipse.

maximus

Yes: marketing.
oh no!u serious!?
that is a pretty bad reason...i mean who is able to decide this changes to a cover and why has just this one been modyfied so far!?
i mean it is just ridiculous!!!
aren t there any reserved rights on these original covers or anything else...? :-/

Posted by: puella Posted on: Today at 2:40pm
I don't know why but no doubt the cover of volume 12 of German berserk is pretty ridiculous. because the picture of Caska is about vol. 18-19. Look at her hairstyle and speters behind her.
All of Vol. 12 is about the eclipse!!!!
as u say it:the cover doesn t fit at all! >:(

besides i wanted to add that the german translation gets more and more worse....
there are lots of grammatical mistakes and even some bad translations that just take away some style of the story.
for example:roshinu is called "rosine" what originally means "raisin" in english! :(

why don t they select their words or translations more carefully!?
who translates berserk!
...well the answer is:"not anyone who really cares!" :'(

i heard rumors that olivier was in talk for the french translation but finally was cut out and is not going to do it!?
i mean who else could be better than him to do the french translation??
who the f.... decides these things??

I wish i d have some japanese skills! ::)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
for example:roshinu is called "rosine" what originally means "raisin" in english! :(
yeah, that really made me lol.

i heard rumors that olivier was in talk for the french translation but finally was cut out and is not going to do it!?
where'd you hear that?

The guy/girl they hired, I hope. ^^;

no, i don't think so at all, olivier. btw, learn german, so you can redo the german translations one day.

wow, trapped_soul of the abyss - that sounds evil...

maximus

True.
The guy/girl they hired, I hope. ^^;
i am afraid that there ain t someone who d be better! :'(
i wonder what ur critics will be like after the french release!^^
i hope they do translate better than the germans did!?

Posted by: trapped_soul Posted on: Today at 4:55pm
where'd you hear that?
i guess u told me when we were discussing bout the bad translation while searching for a manga shop!?

well we didn t have any problems with that,did we!? :D
no, i don't think so at all, olivier. btw, learn german, so you can redo the german translations one day.
i think that would make things better!

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Instead of criticizing you should be glad that there is EVEN a manga release of berserk in your country...so cherish that... There is no release of berserk in US because (IMO) its way too bloody (and the rape/nudity) and even if there were a release they would chop it up to bits. I read the chinese version which is at most a book behind (vol 23 just released i think) and I am very grateful that they picked up berserk.

D

Drachenfels

Instead of criticizing you should be glad that there is EVEN a manga release of berserk in your country

We pay 7.50€ for a volume, so we also have the right to complain.

maximus

Instead of criticizing you should be glad that there is EVEN a manga release of berserk in your country....
i am thankful that there is a german translation!
but i am also like:"if they decide to do a german version they should do it right!"

bakaneko

Well no one's perfect...there will always be complaints no matter who does it. I think they did a pretty good job with the Chinese version.. the Hong Kong Anime DVDs... ughhhh... (crest of stars series..)

bakaneko

how much in US is 7.50€ ? I pay 5.50 (discounted from 6.50 from membership) USD for my Berserk.

maximus

how much in US is 7.50€ ? I pay 5.50 (discounted from 6.50 from membership) USD for my Berserk.
7.50euros;=about 7.50$ so far!
actually i pay 8.35euros; here in austria :p
Posted by: bakaneko Posted on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:45pm
Well no one's perfect...there will always be complaints no matter who does it.
well i guess i know that but...
u know there is a number of things that are beareable or acceptable but as ever there is a limit that shouldn t be crossed.
it is not so extremly bad so far but they shouldn t get worse or they gonna cross the line.
again:I AM REALLY HAPPY THAT THERE IS A TRANSL.!

Top Bottom