Episode 267

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
HawaiianStallion said:
Geez I wonder where all these Daka came from. Ganishka must have sacrficed every pregnant woman he ever came across. Wonder if he sacrifices his own women?

Well, that sounds likely enough. If Ganishka seriously want to try and take on Griffith, he'll need everything he can bring forth, so... And he's an apostle after all, so I don't expect he cares much about humans in general...

Nice episode, thorugh! Thanks! One wonder what that "eye" is.. Daiba, or possibly Ganishka, observing her...? So next episode: "Astral Battle", perhaps? :beast:. Good thing it won't take THAT long until the next episode too.. :).

Hmm, by a look at the habour, it looks like pretty much all ships expect those belonging to the kushans are on fire. So unless there's some ships in other parts of the harbour, it currently loooks to me like they'll have to steal a kushan one...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
I was afraid that(I dunno why)there would not be any episode...no preview on YA,no topic about it here...I'm relieved now!

Well previews are just a bonus, for all we know they might decide to stop making them at anytime (it happened before).

HawaiianStallion said:
Geez I wonder where all these Daka came from. Ganishka must have sacrficed every pregnant woman he ever came across. Wonder if he sacrifices his own women?

He probably started "raising" Daka long before the invasion, yeah, the same goes for the familiars actually: tigers, crocodiles, elephants, whales... He's got quite a menagerie.

Dark Wanderer said:
Nice episode, thorugh! Thanks! One wonder what that "eye" is.. Daiba, or possibly Ganishka, observing her...? So next episode: "Astral Battle", perhaps?

It could be several things actually, even an elemental spirit of some sort (one she tries to call? One controlled by the Kushans?). Anyway, a man had predicted it long ago:

Aazealh said:
Maybe we'll get to see Schierke fighting Daiba in a magic battle?

:badbone:

Dark Wanderer said:
Hmm, by a look at the habour, it looks like pretty much all ships expect those belonging to the kushans are on fire. So unless there's some ships in other parts of the harbour, it currently loooks to me like they'll have to steal a kushan one...

Well Roderick had said his ship wasn't in the port to begin with, and when talking about getting on the sea in the original Japanese he seems to be implying they'll take a small boat (a single oar boat) to get to the real ship (a specific kanji is used so there isn't much doubt about it).

PS: And you're all welcome guys, I'm glad I can be of any help.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dylec said:
Looks like this & the next ep. are on Schierke.
Well, maybe. It could just as easily be about the Daka fight. But I agree, I'd rather it focus on Schierke's search for the elemental.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Whoa, thanks Aaz.

Nice episode. I can't decide if the eye at the end is the malevolent one of Daiba, or perhaps just the form of an elemental she's having to dig down to reach.

Good to see Casca taking charge of some one again. :serpico:

Does anyone else think Schierke will meet Flora? I mean she did change into a fire thing and said:
Saiki said:
page 19

Isidro - Hey! You idiot!

Guts - Let's go!

Grunbeld - Wait.....black swordsman!!

Grunbeld - What is this flame...!? To not let I, a fire dragon, pass.

Flora - Life  will just change it's form. We will meet again in your dreams.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
Does anyone else think Schierke will meet Flora? I mean she did change into a fire thing and said:

No, if only because her Od would be different and Schierke would recognize her instead of that "dangerous spirit". Plus, Flora bringing destruction in such a way? Inimaginable.

GoHF said:
21M copies of berserk, at 1100 yens a piece (is that the retail price? amazon.co.jp had vol.28 listed at that price)

The retail price is ¥530 with the Japan-only tax, ¥505 without (for foreigners). That's the price amazon.co.jp lists it as, not ¥1100 (click for a link).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
wonderland reject said:
I thought she was reaching an element spirt or something.

Well she might very well be doing that, but it couldn't possibly be Flora given the way she talks about it.

wonderland reject said:
Arr sorry, sleepy and miss read what was going on. I thought she was reaching an element spirt or something.

Elemental spirit of the Ocean maybe? They are in the proximity, and the ocean always did have a close connection to the Astral world. :schierke:
Now if a member of the God Hand showed up (close to impossible) that would be awesome. :isidro:

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
Man, I love this episode. The astral images of conflagration and the accompanying text are just fantastic. Seeing the land reduced to a vast "red lotus of scorched earth," the purgatorial images of the charred souls, the final reveal of the blazing wheel...amazing. My favorite, though, is Schierke tearfully dressing Guts down for throwing himself around so carelessly, not to mention the fact that he actually stands down.

And anyone else amused by the fact that Isidro actually calls Roderick "captain" here? :guts:

Thanks as always, Aaz!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Finally able to read the episode tonight, what with my homework now out of the way. I noticed this time through the pics that after Casca is told "shh" by Farnese, she then mimics it back to her with an adorable expression. :casca: I'm not so sure anymore as to whether or not the vortex Schierke sees at the end of the episode has something to do with Daiba or Ganishka now that I've read through the translation and pondered the above posts. It would be rather interesting to see another elemental spirit of some sort, though, if that's what it turns out to be. Since Schierke mentions that she has learned from her experiences in Enoch, I wonder if any destruction will be caused at all or if she'll have greater control this time (despite the fact that she's currently in a location which isn't as connected to the astral world as the previous spots have been).

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
He probably started "raising" Daka long before the invasion, yeah, the same goes for the familiars actually: tigers, crocodiles, elephants, whales... He's got quite a menagerie.

Indeed he does 8). In this battle thorugh, there is rather few familiars if compared to the Daka - perhaps about fifty-a hundred familiars including Makara, but so many more hundred Daka... (didn't Roderick say something about a ship like that being able to carry about 200 troops?)

It could be several things actually, even an elemental spirit of some sort (one she tries to call? One controlled by the Kushans?). Anyway, a man had predicted it long ago:

All hail the prophet! ;D. Jokes aside, I look forward to what'll happen in two weeks - even if we won't get a hint of what it is until the very last page... Let's hope that she'll succeed better this tiem thna in the Inoku village through. But already remembering this time to preserve her astral form is a good sign indeed!

Well Roderick had said his ship wasn't in the port to begin with, and when talking about getting on the sea in the original Japanese he seems to be implying they'll take a small boat (a single oar boat) to get to the real ship (a specific kanji is used so there isn't much doubt about it).

Did he? Oh well, that should make things easier then (good as they may be, Gut's group is no experienced sea-crew)... Pity I can't check this information for myself through, as I assume he says this in volume 30...

PS: And you're all welcome guys, I'm glad I can be of any help.

As always, we are eternally grateful :)

If guts doesn't put on an eye patch when he gets on the ship I'm gonna be pissed. I'm already pissed that he hasn't put on an eye patch, but if he rides a big ship without one I'll conjure a gateway to hell in my toilet boil and crap on satan out of spite, because only satan brings about one-eyed men on ships without eye patches.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

N

Ng51386

I'm confused though, how can these Daka be a match for Guts? Even if there are a few hundred of them. We've seen Guts take on these kinds of numbers before, but why does it seem that they're making such a big deal about this compared to the other times? I doubt these few hundred Dakas could bring out the armor's true power.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Ng51386 said:
I'm confused though, how can these Daka be a match for Guts? Even if there are a few hundred of them. We've seen Guts take on these kinds of numbers before, but why does it seem that they're making such a big deal about this compared to the other times? I doubt these few hundred Dakas could bring out the armor's true power.

Its not the daka that are worrying Sheirke...

As always, Azz pulls through! Thanks man!
What an awesome episode, I can't wait for the 27th to find out what this "unnatural fire" is. I wonder if it is Ganishka? Miura is going to have to introduce him to Gutts at some point or another, this seems like the perfect place.
One question though, who is the "Daiba"? I haven't re-read the series in a long time, so my memory is failing me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Pity I can't check this information for myself through, as I assume he says this in volume 30...

Yep, you'll have to wait a couple of months to get it if you're waiting for volume 30.

Ng51386 said:
why does it seem that they're making such a big deal about this compared to the other times?

Like CnC said, Schierke's worried about that mysterious astral power, not about the Daka. That still makes a lot of them for Guts to handle, but like he said himself he's just gaining time, not fighting to the death.

bodhista said:
One question though, who is the "Daiba"? I haven't re-read the series in a long time, so my memory is failing me.

He's the leader of the Kushan fleet responsible for the attack on Vritannis.

Daiba2.jpg

Ohhh, ok. I remember him now. Thanks Azz, you are the Berserk guru.
Do they mention his name in that episode, and that he is leading the assault on Vritannis? I honestly don't remember, aka I need to re-read the series!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bodhista said:
Thanks Azz, you are the Berserk guru.

Not sure I'm a guru but you're welcome. It's "Aaz" though. :SK:

bodhista said:
Do they mention his name in that episode, and that he is leading the assault on Vritannis? I honestly don't remember, aka I need to re-read the series!

His name is only mentioned in episode 243, the rest is speculation regarding his role and power. We know for sure he's the leader of that fleet though (and a subordinate of Ganishka, one of his lieutenants I guess).

Top Bottom