Episode 267

I was hoping for this pier fight to end soon, but it was a nice episode afterall.
A more visually impactant as nothing really happened (well, nothing much has been happening since Sonya left Vritannis a year ago), i was missing an episode with many spread-outs. Found the frame of the burning water wheel in page 10 to be particularly appealing.

Thanks for the scans Aaz!
Nice start of the year for Berserk :troll:

D

darkbane

Moai said:
(well, nothing much has been happening since Sonya left Vritannis a year ago)
It's been ages, but it only seems like nothing happened because we're always waiting for episodes and Miura is always taking breaks. In fact, if you think about it, there was a rather involved storyline going on dealing with Farnese's and Serpico's character development, and an intense fight between Serpico and Guts (which I thought was long overdue anyway :D).

Barring further (perhaps unintentional) involvement in the local conflict to completely foil the invasion, the party should soon be departing the city. With all the action we've been seeing in the last couple of episodes, my money is riding on an uneventful ocean journey.

well i suppose if they crush the kushan fleet, kill daiba, or the Neo-hawks show up, their travels might be uneventful...unless elfland has some sort of guardian...0_0

On a sidenote, doesn't it seem like the daka are too weak? I mean sure, they can destroy any non-guts human army no problem, but doesnt seem like when they battled the apostles they came up short? How does Ganishka intend to fight Griffith with just these?

hmmm maybe that belongs in another thread...

Anyway, awesome episode and i can't wait for the next one.

Malachai said:
well i suppose if they crush the kushan fleet, kill daiba, or the Neo-hawks show up, their travels might be uneventful...unless elfland has some sort of guardian...0_0
The journey to Elfhelm has been a rough one for the group, but I don't see him crushing the Kushan fleet by themselves, least not in combat. The only thing I see taking all this many Kushans so quickly is maybe an elemental casting like what Schierke did in Enoch, but there aren't any elementals in Vritannis AFAIK. IMO, as there are just too many dakas for Guts and company to keep fighting for too long, the next few episodes will boil down to what Schierke finds in the astral plane and what she does about it/reveals about the Kushans' miagical powers.

Malachai said:
On a sidenote, doesn't it seem like the daka are too weak? I mean sure, they can destroy any non-guts human army no problem, but doesnt seem like when they battled the apostles they came up short? How does Ganishka intend to fight Griffith with just these?
The dakas are demon soldiers of Ganiska; his shock troops to make sure any battle between them and the Holy See Alliance is an assured victory. They weren't created to fight something unexpected like Guts' party and I highly doubt they were Ganishka's trump card  against Griffith's forces. Surely the Emperor of Terror has other magical tricks up his sleeve.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just curious, but does anyone else think that because Schierke said the dangerous power is nearby that perhaps the ship unloading all the Daka is the one Daiba was on? I imagine there are a lot more ships than just that one, but they do look pretty similar. Might just be the look of their fleet though, and nothing more.

Thank you so much Aaz!!!!!!!!! :guts: I am late as usual, but it was also excellent as usual.

Happy I am, hmmmmmmm. :SK:

- C

PS. I have the pics coming soon my friend Aaz. Well, I can't show you all of them. :carcus:

omg..
berserk has lost its magic to me.. These later volumes have been getting lammer and lammer.. Guts is invincible? Serpico flying around? Magic?
shit.. it looks like final fantasy..
I think that what made berserk soo good for me was the human condition of its characters.. They were so real.. Guts was "almost" real - like a legendary warrior. Even the fights are.. i dont know.. They almost look like wrestling i get the feeling that the fights Guts gets envolved in are so "fake? made up?"..
Sorry.. Dont flame please :serpico:

Guts is invincible?

Id say this new concentration of evil will give guts a challenge :chomp:

There r still ones out there that could wipe the floor with guts eg. void, skullknight,griffith (possibly) that is if these random battle scenes did ever happen...

But u have to remember that guts was not always this strong this is merely his path or his development plus there are new weaknesses with his strenghts eg berserker armour

You know, Black Mourning is right. Guts hasn't always been this strong. I mean really, this episode is after what, 15 or 16 years of writing? If Guts can't be this strong after 15 years, I mean damn. I am not flaming you Fuxberg, your statement just seems like you just read the last few episodes and don't really understand the whole story. Oh well, I guess to each his own. :serpico:

I think it is quite awesome and connot wait til his has the power, albeit it might take a while, but has the power to kick Griffith's ass. If it is another 15 years, yay! I just hope that I don't have another wreck before then! :isidro:

- C

CnC

Ad Oculos
fuxberg said:
omg..
berserk has lost its magic to me..

Strange choice of words, there.

In addition to Guts developing with new strengths/weaknesses, the world of berserk has also been developing. With further exploration, come more questions.

Dammit no Azan again
where did that fat bastard go???
did he leave town or something, maybe he is sleeping in the woods outside of town
Bah if he doesn't show up somewhere soon looks like my thoughts on him joining guts's group will be flying out the window

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
omg..
berserk has lost its magic to me.. These later volumes have been getting lammer and lammer.. Guts is invincible?
Guts is quite obviously far from invincible. The man is an unreliable tank. There's more at stake for Guts during these small skirmishes than during any battle since the Eclipse.

But, if you're really so disillusioned that you're not into the story, I honestly feel sorry for you.

poodeta said:
Dammit no Azan again
where did that fat bastard go???
Patience man, patience. He'll show up. Miura didn't introduce him earlier just for him to dissapear.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
not like that
but i fear berserk turns into a "Dragon Ball" saga you know what i mean?
No, and shut up. If you want to continue this, PM me.

i like berserk that's why i think this way :S
Yeah, you obviously love the series so much you compare it to Dragonball.

Any more posts on Fuxberg's naysaying will be deleted.

I'm thinking we won't be seeing Azan fighting at all, odd though it may seem. It expect the group to find him on whatever boat they use to get to Roderick's ship (like when Isidro and the pirate boss were on top of him some episodes back). As long as the monsters don't notice him or wake him up, he'll probably just be sleeping soundly until the group stumble across him (again).

Bah, we'll probably just end up seeing Azan on top of a mound of Kushan corpses anyway........ :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
yota821 said:
It expect the group to find him on whatever boat they use to get to Roderick's ship (like when Isidro and the pirate boss were on top of him some episodes back).

That would be really funny. Being asleep through all the uproar and then being taken with the group to Roderick's ship. Oh Azan... :void:

Rhombaad said:
Oh Azan... :void:
Agree...poor Azan :schierke:. Miura transforms him into the story's tramp. Besides...I don't know whether it's been discussed before but...I wonder about the punishment Azan received after taking responsibility for the happenings at St. Albion. I mean there has to be a reason why Miura wasn't showing us his face recently(who the hell sleeps with his helmet on ?). Maybe they took him his glorious mustache. :isidro:

Rhombaad said:
Just curious, but does anyone else think that because Schierke said the dangerous power is nearby that perhaps the ship unloading all the Daka is the one Daiba was on?  I imagine there are a lot more ships than just that one, but they do look pretty similar.  Might just be the look of their fleet though, and nothing more.
Nope; looking back at the Kushan ship in volume 28 and at this one in the 2nd 2-page spread, they're different ships. Daiba's ship had a huge Ganishka-like face on it and eyes painted on its front hull. This one's only got one eye as far as I can tell with a small Ganishka-like face above it.

Klaus said:
I mean there has to be a reason why Miura wasn't showing us his face recently(who the hell sleeps with his helmet on ?).
I think it's just to show how badly things have nosedived for him. Azan was found sleeping in full armor on a boat and complaining about lack of sleep. And again starving in the tavern/inn the group was staying in and ran off eating bread he found on the ground in a humorous way. Only Miura knows what happened from Albion to Vritannis, but it's safe to say he's fallen out of grace with the Holy See.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jhot obs said:
Nope; looking back at the Kushan ship in volume 28 and at this one in the 2nd 2-page spread, they're different ships. Daiba's ship had a huge Ganishka-like face on it and eyes painted on its front hull. This one's only got one eye as far as I can tell with a small Ganishka-like face above it.

Probably would've helped to look at Daiba's ship to refresh my memory before posting. :schierke: Well that still gives me hope for a sea battle if the power Schierke senses ain't Daiba.

Didn't skullknight say something about guts having to confront more apostles before reaching his destination(the island)? I think he said that back when they were talking about restoring casca's memory via the elf king.

If that's the case then maybe we'll see some apostle fights before they get out of the city. Or maybe I'm just shit for memory.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
mike.william said:
Didn't skullknight say something about guts having to confront more apostles before reaching his destination(the island)?  I think he said that back when they were talking about restoring casca's memory via the elf king.

If that's the case then maybe we'll see some apostle fights before they get out of the city.  Or maybe I'm just shit for memory.

The only Apostles I see Guts possibly encountering while fleeing the city (or some future destination before reaching Elfhelm) are the Neo Hawks. That being the case, unless Daiba is actually an Apostle (I don't think so, but stranger stuff has happened) those are the only Apostles I see Guts meeting up with anytime soon.

Top Bottom