Episode 267

hmm this still seems like a little much for schierke...i mean fire just seems so...primal...that and it seems like this one has some sort of evil taint to it *gestures to the burning souls*...

and is guts's brand bleeding in reaction to ganishka or is it something else?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Malachai said:
and is guts's brand bleeding in reaction to ganishka still or is it something else?

I believe his brand is reacting to the enormous amount of Daka nearby (and possibly because of whatever Schierke is sensing, which as you point out, seems pretty dark).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
so has Guts's wound from Slan healed? or is it that these daka aren't enough to strain him?
The wound Slan gave him can't be healed by any immediate means, as Schierke told us. The wound's true damage is Astral in nature. It's likely to stay with him for the long haul.

Anyway, even though Guts is doing fine against the Daka (so far), he's already sweating bullets (or, is that sweat leftover from the Makara fight? eww... )

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
The wound Slan gave him can't be healed by any immediate means, as Schierke told us. The wound's true damage is Astral in nature.  It's likely to stay with him for the long haul.

Or unless someone in Elfhelm, the King or otherwise, can heal him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Or unless someone in Elfhelm, the King or otherwise, can heal him.
It's also possible that Hanafubuku Ô can regrow Guts' lost arm and eye while he's at it! :isidro:

While we can't know the powers of the Hanafubuku Ô this early, I personally think it'd be too deus ex machina for him to simply solve all of Guts problems with a wave of his hand.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
It's also possible that Hanafubuku Ô can regrow Guts' lost arm and eye while he's at it! :isidro:

Personally, I hope he's not that almighty.

Walter said:
While we can't know the powers of the Hanafubuku Ô this early, I personally think it'd be too deus ex machina for him to simply solve all of Guts problems with a wave of his hand.

I agree, which is why I (along with many others, I think) believe Elfhelm won't be all in one piece when they get there (or if it is, not for long).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I agree, which is why I (along with many others, I think) believe Elfhelm won't be all in one piece when they get there (or if it is, not for long).
Or you know... it could just be out of Hanafubuku Ô's power to heal Guts. It's not like Miura doesn't have other options in the plot, outside of blowing up Elfhelm.

It's waaaay too early to speculate anything regarding Elfhelm, anyway. (But, I'm on the optimistic side of Elfhelm's future, even though it's a moot point :badbone: )

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Or you know... it could just be out of Hanafubuku Ô's power to heal Guts.  It's not like Miura doesn't have other options in the plot, outside of blowing up Elfhelm.

True. Achem's Razor in that case. Oh well, we'll leave it at that for now. :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
so has Guts's wound from Slan healed? or is it that these daka aren't enough to strain him?

The astrals wounds haven't healed (cannot), his physical wounds are getting better though (but he's still convalescent). These Daka weren't enough of a strain for now, but Guts has to be careful and probably couldn't just take them on forever in his current state, hence his reassuring line in this episode ("It's to gain some time. I won't be reckless."). No matter the appearances he's diminished and will be until he's properly treated.

Walter said:

Schierke seemed to think Flora could take care of Guts' astral wound (with some special magical medicine), so I think it's safe to assume someone in Elfhelm will be able to cure it (or at least to greatly improve Guts' condition). Or maybe you think Guts will stay half dead until the end of the series? I'm not sure I want to see that, besides he'd be struggling against the armor anyway, just not everytime he hears the word "hawk" or has to lift his sword.

Rhombaad said:
I agree, which is why I (along with many others, I think) believe Elfhelm won't be all in one piece when they get there

Apart from the fact that this groundless speculation has been beaten to the ground dozens of times already (Walter said it, not me :SK:), I don't think that'd be the most interesting way to move the plot forward. It'd be very unrewarding and leave the characters in the same poor state they came in, not the best given what they'll supposedly be fighting against in the future. Plus all the hints we've had so far indicated that Elfhelm was fine and dandy (SK wouldn't know?), secluded and unreachable.

Walter said:
It's also possible that Hanafubuku Ô can regrow Guts' lost arm and eye while he's at it!  :isidro:

That would be nice to see our hero becoming a healthy man but then,
he wont be able to use his cannon at the rght time.Remember what happened in the battle with Grunbeld?

I think it'd be good for guts to get just his eye healed and not the arm.  That sounds more plausible.  I've been wondering how guts fights so well with poor depth perception.  I know it was implied that his other senses are taking up some of the slack, but the man still needs his depth perception.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
I think it'd be good for guts to get just his eye healed and not the arm.

While it would be easier to swallow as a reader, I really doubt this to happen. Being one-eyed is just so important in Guts' character design, I can't see it change now, especially in such a way. Anyway a thread exists on the subject, let's move the discussion there if it has to go on.

mike.william said:
I've been wondering how guts fights so well with poor depth perception. I know it was implied that his other senses are taking up some of the slack, but the man still needs his depth perception.

I don't remember anything implying his other senses got keener to compensate for the loss of his eye actually, though it's probably the case. And some people live very well without binocular depth perception.

I didn't say they got keener, what I meant was he was using them effectively to help out with his handicap, in ways most normal people wouldn't have to.

Why I say this, is that there is one scene immedietly after the eclipse where guts is training right by a little waterfall. It shows a guts-eye-view of the scene, with the right side of the panel's blacked out because of the loss of his eye. A fish jumps from the right side, within his blind spot, but he still slices it with the sword because he heard it. At least that's how I remember the scene.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
I didn't say they got keener, what I meant was he was using them effectively to help out with his handicap, in ways most normal people wouldn't have to.

Oh, well then that's exact of course, though I think hearing is also used by most "normal" people to detect movement (secondary to sight of course), I know I do. And the waterfall scene in volume 14 is how you remember it.

Akin

MOOO!!!
I just caught up with the past 3 episodes and WOW.... anyways, are there any bored people out here with photoshoping skills and a image host that doesn't suck (i mean hosts that auto-resize it to something that looks tiny on my screen =/ ... sorry, but 800x600 looks bad on a 1920x1200 screen... even if the viewable area is 22.5in.... :serpico: ) could merge some of the two-pagers together.

If so, that would be GREATLY appreciated 8)

*edit* oh dear god, i got sidetracked there
edit2: made bold purpose

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
anyways, are there any bored people out here with photoshoping skills and a image host that doesn't suck

And what do you want exactly? It'd be a minimum to at least specify it.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Aazealh said:
And what do you want exactly? It'd be a minimum to at least specify it.

..... I have no idea how that got past me (other than all the "I <3 my computer" sidetracking there), but I fixed it.... a lot of nice 2 page spreads in this episode... they just don't look as good in windows photo and fax as individual pages =P ... I'm sure people could later color them, and that would be nice too, I'd just like to see some nice merging at non-tiny resolutions....

In the future I'll remember to actually try to get to my entire point of posting. :troll:

*edit: hopefully made myself a tad more clear

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
..... I have no idea how that got past me (other than all the "I <3 my computer" sidetracking there), but I fixed it....

Hehe Ok, it happens. :SK:

Akin said:
I'd just like to see some nice res merging....

Well, Walter made that one when the episode came out but he didn't post it, as for the others I know no idea. Some of them are bothering to merge cleanly so somebody would need to spend a bit of time on it.

Top Bottom