Episode 268

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 火炎輪(ブレイズ・ロッド) - Blaze Rod

06v03.jpg

Interesting to note that the kanji in the title means "blaze wheel/ring/circle", while the katakana specifically means "blaze rod". It's a reference to some complicated buddhist notion.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Reminds me of the scene in vol 18 when a bakiraka attacked Guts much the same way...

Haha yeah, the one that lost his teeth (iron arm in the face). :guts:

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
Haha yeah, the one that lost his teeth (iron arm in the face). :guts:

That's the one :guts:. This poor Daka'll probably lose more than some teeth thorugh :void:. Kind of a thin piece of preview; not much revealed; it only tells us that the batte's still going on. The title itself hints at that we'll be shown/told what that "circle" Schierke found last time really is through.. I suppose. Has to be admited that they got this preview up quicker than the previous one through :void:. Oh well.. *goes back to play "Yatohime" while waiting for the episode to get out*

CnC

Ad Oculos
heh, I was also reminded of that poor bakiraka... he probably lost half his skull in addition to his teeth.

Yea, despite this image being the preview, I think the focus will be on shierke.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I was also reminded of that poor bakiraka... he probably lost half his skull in addition to his teeth.

Hehe, well his eyes bulged out of his skull so... :guts:

CnC said:
Yea, despite this image being the preview, I think the focus will be on Schierke.

Yeah, no doubt about it, the fight with the Daka will probably just intercede punctually. It promises to be very interesting in any case, at least we'll know whether the group will be able to flee the town easily (without a more serious encounter) or not.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Uh oh.  Is our hero finally finished?! :isidro:  I agree with what's already been said in that this episode will focus on Schierke and whatever elemental power she's feeling, with occasional interludes of Guts trashing Daka here and there. Can't wait to find out just what it is she's sensing.

Been a while since Young Animal used Katakana in its preview.

I'm sure the "blaze rod" is having something to do with Schierke's discovery; if the last image of that burning circle is from the top, it's possible it's shaped like this episode's title. Other then that obvious detail, I can't think much to guess on in this episode.

puella

Berserk forever
A "Blaze Rod" is burning around you vertically like in a Buddhist representation, with burning fire behind Buddha. If a fire burns within you, it's transferred to the Blaze Rod. At this moment, you feel cold yourself (since your inner fire was transferred). The part of the Blaze Rod to which it is transferred is also important.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Been a while since Young Animal used Katakana in its preview.

You mean since Miura used katakana in the episode title? Not so long actually considering its usual (in)frequency in the series.

Jhot obs said:
I'm sure the "blaze rod" is having something to do with Schierke's discovery;

It's what the title is about of course.

Proj2501 said:
When's the ETA for this?! :???:

Proj seriously man, it's written at the end of the last episode, and in the first post of the Episode 267 thread. Search it for yourself before asking, damn... Anyway it's coming out this week obviously (we always get the preview shortly before), on January 27...

mike.william said:
Looks like that daka is gonna get the DS up it's ass. He'll never be able to shit again without a burning sensation.
Heh, I think in that case, "He'll never be able to shit again", period - aka dead. ;D

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
puella said:
A "Blaze Rod" is burning around you vertically like in a Buddhist representation, with burning fire behind Buddha. If a fire burns within you, it's transferred to the Blaze Rod. At this moment, you feel cold yourself (since your inner fire was transferred). The part of the Blaze Rod to which it is transferred is also important.

Thanks for the clarifying that, Puella. Not knowing much about Buddhism other than a few interesting facts, I had no idea what the Blaze Rod represented. Guess you learn something new every day. :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
Looks like that daka is gonna get the DS up it's ass. He'll never be able to shit again without a burning sensation.
dylec said:
Heh, I think in that case, "He'll never be able to shit again", period - aka dead. ;D
Hey, thanks for all the great poop jokes guys. Comedy gold. :puck:

I think I'm going to have to see the episode before I fully grasp this whole "blaze rod" notion. But, thanks for explaining it, Puella. I'm just a stubborn, simple student :judo:

puella said:
Thanks for the info, Puella. Makes me excited to think of what possible interpretations Miura can do with something like that.

Aazealh said:
You mean since Miura used katakana in the episode title? Not so long actually considering its usual (in)frequency in the series.
If memory serves me right, the last time it was used was back in episodes 241/3 before Miura took a break in the middle of '04. Though I've only gotten into Berserk almost 3 years ago, so I don't know, on average, how often it shows up. Seemed like a long while to me.

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Walter said:
I think I'm going to have to see the episode before I fully grasp this whole "blaze rod" notion. But, thanks for explaining it, Puella. I'm just a stubborn, simple student :judo:

rodofire.jpg

Finally, Guts has blood all over him. It probably stinks awful, but is totally sweet to see :) Friday never comes...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
If memory serves me right, the last time it was used was back in episodes 241/3 before Miura took a break in the middle of '04. Though I've only gotten into Berserk almost 3 years ago, so I don't know, on average, how often it shows up. Seemed like a long while to me.

Last time was for episode 250, "Vandimion". If you mean in between parentheses then it's 243 yes. My point was that it doesn't happen very often though (only when it's needed, obviously), hence the "not so long in comparison to the average for the rest of the series".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
That blazing wheel/circle that Schierke saw at the end of the episode?

Yeah, the source of the Karma Fire she said wasn't natural (i.e. related to humans, normal since it's Karma Fire) and all. Or it's about the unexpected Chief Daka and his mysterious fire wand +3, but I have a doubt. :SK:

Wow finally the preview , IMO the title is referring to the thing(Karma fire)  Schierke saw at the end of the episode(Shierke's rod+a fire magic=blaze rod hum...I'm almost insulting Miura with this idiot logic) but eh we dunno :carcus:
anyway I'm very happy to see the preview(a lil' light in my poor life :judo:)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Let's see if this episode can top 267's two-page spread (I think) record. It had 5 two-page spreads! Including 2 back-2-back two page spreads, that's 8 pages. It had 10 pages of two page spreads overall. To put this in historical perspective, the biggest episode in Berserk history, "Desire's Guardian Angels (2)" had about 117 seperate pages (including a title page), and only 2 two-page spreads among them! The launch episode of the series, which had about 90 pages, where my Miura would be putting his best foot forward STILL only had 4 spreads. We're talking 10 out of 20 pages being two-page spreads. That's a 50% two-page spread ratio! Isn't that amazing!?

This is right up there with Kobe's 81 point game. :guts:

Top Bottom