Episode 268

I also agree this episode will focus on Schierke.
But I wonder when the pope will arrive.

Off topic:
"Griffith No More!" your sig and avy are AMAZING :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
In case anybody wonders, volume 30 will be released on March 29, 2006 (see s-book.com). The cover hasn't been unveiled yet (of course).

While I got unnecesarily excited when you posted here, Aaz, this is good news too :guts:. Wonder what the cover will be...

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Mage said:
I second this. 
Soundly Thirded, a noble successor to the previous one.
Anyway...

Can't wait for the episode. I'm interested to see what exactly the flaming hurricane-esque thing is. I hope thise is the focuss, since seeing Daka getting slaughtered isn't quite doing it for me. I liked the trolls much better, Guts still had that air of awesomeness about him where he would leave both the characters and the viewer in awe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I hope thise is the focuss, since seeing Daka getting slaughtered isn't quite doing it for me. I liked the trolls much better, Guts still had that air of awesomeness about him where he would leave both the characters and the viewer in awe.
Page 19 of Episode 267 doesn't do it for you? You're weird... Take your troll love someplace else! :troll:

Besides, the battle in Enoch village was just a skirmish. This is a war. There's much more at stake in this battle, even with Guts' deteriorating physical condition aside.

Vaxillus said:
I'm interested to see what exactly the flaming hurricane-esque thing is. I hope thise is the focuss,
Given the obscure Buddhist reference in the title, I'm sure there will be more of the ominous rotating flame.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
seeing Daka getting slaughtered isn't quite doing it for me. I liked the trolls much better, Guts still had that air of awesomeness about him where he would leave both the characters and the viewer in awe.

Well the setting is quite different here... Guts is wounded and all the group knows he shouldn't strain himself for fear the Beast would take over, hence what he said to Schierke about not being reckless. He's not supposed to be indestructible, it's already "awesome" that he can still stand and fight in his condition. Add to that the fact that Daka are soldiers and part of a huge army that's invading a city and about to clash with the forces of the Holy See, a conflict Guts and the others have no real interest in (Farnese' family doesn't count). It's not like they're trying to protect a village against wild beasts, on the contrary they're fleeing the place and trying to reach a ship before it's destroyed so they can escape. Their objectives are completely different, and the focus is on the group and not Guts alone. Their coordination, team fighting and nonchalance did impress the city guards in episode 265.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, here it is, what you've all been waiting for, and it won't dissapoint:

Go Beast!

Lots of people on here today, I hope you enjoy it. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
Well, here it is, what you've all been waiting for, and it won't dissapoint:

Go Beast!

Lots of people on here today, I hope you enjoy it. :beast:

Anyone got a wallpaper size of that 2-page spread?! Miura's rendering style has gotten too photoreal.

waitta second! Damn me and my clicking frenzy!
What a shameless publicity stunt Griff! a pox on thee!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well since everybody's here, the usual comment from Young Animal hints that Schierke will apparently be able to get rid of the Daka with magic. Also, as some kind of new year resolution, Miura humorously declared that he'd spend almost all of his time at home again in 2006 (as always).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a rough summary of what happens, it may not be completely exact: The group fights innumerable Daka, Serpico kills a lot but they keep coming. Guts has trouble too, he starts to tire and the Beast tries to get the best of him after he gets splashed with blood. At that time the enemies are hit by a wave of heat and disperse. The blazing wheel appears (Schierke's doing, with her eyes turning into the wheel) and gives a speech about being related to karma fire and the like, then it burns the Daka to ashes. Isidro tries to withdraw but can't, and Guts rescues him and Schierke (still in trance) both. She comes to herself, and all that's left of the harbor is scorched ground.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
She comes to herself, and all that's left of the harbor is scorched ground.

I wonder if Schierke's own burnination of the harbor was a part of Sonja's vision, that'd be cute. I bet Isidro is pissed. The two most effective weapons in the group, Guts and Schierke, both have a good chance of taking out the entire party in every battle. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Griffith No More!" said:
I wonder if Schierke's own burnination of the harbor was a part of Sonja's vision, that'd be cute. I bet Isidro is pissed. The two most effective weapons in the group, Guts and Schierke, both have a good chance of taking out the entire party in every battle. =)

He could be, indeed. The summary I read put some emphasis on how tired Isidro was getting in the fight. Could be used later as a character device.

Griffith

CnC said:
He could be, indeed.  The summary I read put some emphasis on how tired Isidro was getting in the fight.  Could be used later as a character device.

Hmm, the ultimate wussout instead of the ultimate badass, eh? :guts:

Aazealh said:
She comes to herself, and all that's left of the harbor is scorched ground.

If Roderick's ship is burned by the time they get to it (though it was anchored out of port according to the translations of ep 263 so I am going to assume that it is still safe) I will feel more than a little teased, though I don't see this as being to likely (as it has come up before, though I must say that for me personally Miura is one of the few writers/artists who can continually keep my interest peaked). Sounds like a good episode.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
jepn30 said:
If Roderick's ship is burned by the time they get to it (though it was anchored out of port according to the translations of ep 263 so I am going to assume that it is still safe)

I doubt it's burned, now they might have some trouble getting to it. It seems to be mostly the parts the wheel unleashed its flames upon that are scorched, not the entire place (well, everything is burning anyway). As for the Daka, in spite of the large amount of deads among them they appear to be still coming, so apparently there's really a lot of them (I wouldn't like to be a Kushan woman). In regard to Isidro during the fight, from what I gathered he wasn't at ease, feeling that the situation was getting really dangerous. The reason he had trouble retreating was because Schierke's body couldn't be touched/approached while she was using the fire spirit (too hot for him? :carcus:).

Aazealh said:
Here's a rough summary of what happens, it may not be completely exact: The group fights innumerable Daka, Serpico kills a lot but they keep coming. Guts has trouble too, he starts to tire and the Beast tries to get the best of him after he gets splashed with blood. At that time the enemies are hit by a wave of heat and disperse. The blazing wheel appears (Schierke's doing, with her eyes turning into the wheel) and gives a speech about being related to karma fire and the like, then it burns the Daka to ashes. Isidro tries to withdraw but can't, and Guts rescues him and Schierke (still in trance) both. She comes to herself, and all that's left of the harbor is scorched ground.
I bet the Kushans and Magnifico crapped their pants when they saw what that burning wheel did. Aside from more dakas and catching the Kushans' attention (I bet Daiba or whoever controlled the fire spirit is pretty steamed about it being used against their own forces), this episode sounds like it ended on a more positive note for Guts and companions. Maybe it's the right time to switch gears towards the Falcon of Light? :griff:

Aazealh said:
I doubt it's burned, now they might have some trouble getting to it. It seems to be mostly the parts the wheel unleashed its flames upon that are scorched, not the entire place (well, everything is burning anyway). As for the Daka, in spite of the large amount of deads among them they appear to be still coming, so apparently there's really a lot of them (I wouldn't like to be a Kushan woman). In regard to Isidro during the fight, from what I gathered he wasn't at ease, feeling that the situation was getting really dangerous. The reason he had trouble retreating was because Schierke's body couldn't be touched/approached while she was using the fire spirit (too hot for him? :carcus:).
Apparently, not hot enough for Guts.  :troll:

With more Dakas still around, wouldn't it theoretically be possible for Schierke to use the fire spirit again or is she totally spent now?

Thanks for the summary Aaz. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
I bet Daiba or whoever controlled the fire spirit is pretty steamed about it being used against their own forces

I think it was there on its own actually. Like I said, it seems to be related to karma fire, so it's at ease on battlefields, with conflicts, wars, etc. I know I'm being a bit vague, but you'll see what I mean once you read the episode.

Jhot obs said:
With more Dakas still around, wouldn't it theoretically be possible for Schierke to use the fire spirit again or is she totally spent now?

Well, they're probably not as many as they were before (and not blocking the group's way like they did), so I don't think she'll use it again (besides that'd require time they don't have, and be redundant for the reader).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
Well, those who were hoping for a battle out at sea still have hope  :badbone:

Being that I'm one of those people I'm glad to see that the possibility is still out there. :serpico: I wonder what long-term effects of being nearly burned to a crisp by Schierke and being saved by Guts will be for Isidro.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Official Vaxillus dumb theory:

Maybe the karma fire wheel has something to do with the strong demonic presence of so many of the Daka. I'm no expert an karma, and I who knows what Miura's view of it is, but perhaps the rampant evil and destruction brought about by the Daka creates a mass of 'bad karma,' which when properly channeled is easily enough to turn them into Daka-bacon (hereby known as Dakon). Of course, I'm sorta using the modernized concept of karma, and the official budhist description of the wheel may be something completely different.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vaxillus said:
Official Vaxillus dumb theory:

Maybe the karma fire wheel has something to do with the strong demonic presence of so many of the Daka. I'm no expert an karma, and I who knows what Miura's view of it is, but perhaps the rampant evil and destruction brought about by the Daka creates a mass of 'bad karma,' which when properly channeled is easily enough to turn them into Daka-bacon (hereby known as Dakon). Of course, I'm sorta using the modernized concept of karma, and the official budhist description of the wheel may be something completely different.
If this was the case, wouldnt some of our members be hurt? Say Like Gut's who has used many of people to kill apostiles? Also, couldnt schreike use this on the God Hand?

Top Bottom